Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Buying games just for trophies...

This is a discussion on Buying games just for trophies... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; inFamous was my 1st too so maybe it has something to do with that game. But seriously this site has ...

PRO Mimbur

inFamous was my 1st too so maybe it has something to do with that game. But seriously this site has many other people just like you. I'd advise you to try to play games that you think you'll like bc you'll burn yourself out sooner forcing s.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stevencrowson View Post
    I bought Megamind for like $8 off eBay solely for an easy plat. Traded it in at Gamestop for $11 It's like I got paid $3 for plating a game
    i did that last year - Target had clearance games for $7.50, and i was able to turn around and trade them in to Amazon.com for $13-14 a game. I didnt even play them, just left them in the original cellophane.

And "last year" was around this time, maybe just after new year's, when they put a lot of stuff on clearance. Check the endcaps around the store near the back walls - they usually throw all the clearance games there.

Lvl 8 - Gold

I will never buy a game for trophies. I don't care what trophies games have, I buy them because I like them.

Whenever you buy a game you should play through it at least once without even looking at trophies. That way you'll enjoy the game for what it is, instead of worrying how many kills you need with a certain weapon for that one trophy.

Give it a try. You might find yourself enjoying games more.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    I will never buy a game for trophies. I don't care what trophies games have, I buy them because I like them.

Whenever you buy a game you should play through it at least once without even looking at trophies. That way you'll enjoy the game for what it is, instead of worrying how many kills you need with a certain weapon for that one trophy.

Give it a try. You might find yourself enjoying games more.
    Totally agree on that. Only buy games that you know you'll enjoy, because that's the meaning of video games, entertainment. If you don't enjoy a game, why wasting your time on it?

In my perspective, trophies are some extra challenges for a game so you don't get bored after finishing it. For example, I finished AC: Revelations yesterday(one of my favorite games) and I would have put it on the shelf if there weren't any trophies.
    Awesome signature made by Athena

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    Buying games for trophies is all very well, but there are depths to which you should never descend...

Hannah Montana
    CSI: Fatal Conspiracy
    Up!
    Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs

These are games you should, and must, avoid like the plague. I may be guilty of platting one of these games myself, but I really wish I hadn't bothered. Don't deliberately buy shit games just so you can boost your trophy count - it's not worth it. Spend your time playing games you actually like, and earn the trophies from those instead.
    I agree with most of that except for CSI: Fatal Conspiracy it's not a bad game if your into the game and like the tv show. Yea the Plat isn't very hard if you use any guides but if you don't use them and play the game yourself instead of going straight to the guides it's not a bad game. Please don't just judge a game just because of it's trophy diff.

Sig by: DaRe_xLw Avy by: Dsluckay

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ABSTRACT678 View Post
    inFamous was my 1st too so maybe it has something to do with that game. But seriously this site has many other people just like you. I'd advise you to try to play games that you think you'll like bc you'll burn yourself out sooner forcing s.
    Yea i found that after you get your 1st plat you get the bug and thats it lol. But try and play the 1st playthrough just for the enjoyment and don't concentrate on trophies untill your 2nd Playthrough. Games are still worth playing just us Trophy Hunters need tp remember that nw and then.

Sig by: DaRe_xLw Avy by: Dsluckay

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by Kengriff View Post
    Yea i found that after you get your 1st plat you get the bug and thats it lol. But try and play the 1st playthrough just for the enjoyment and don't concentrate on trophies untill your 2nd Playthrough.
    Exactly. And if you feel it's worth getting the Platinum for, than do it.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 9 - Gold

The only game I'm guilty of buying only for the trophies is .detuned. Other than that, all the games I have I buy them because I like them. If I go for the plat well ok, but if I don't I just stop playing it.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Lvl 9 - Gold

Nope I only buy games that I like and get trophies for that and I think all my platinums are from really good games

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think that buying games just for the trophies is the dumbest f*cking sh*t anyone could do, but that's just my opinion.

W/e floats your boat mate, I won't judge you
    Surgeon Of Death

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i think buying games for trophies adds to your gaming addiction which is a good thing it adds a competitive flare to playing games and it gets you to try games that you wouldn't other wise like Megamind i didn't think it was terrible i thought it was pretty decent with what they were working with but buying a game for trophies is nothing compared to importing a game for trophies lol good times collecting trophies is so addicting

Plat Card by Wadefan1 Avatar by Chambers35

Lvl 9 - Gold

So sad, so sad.....
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Legend...Nuff Said

I buy the games I want to buy first, trophies or not. Sometimes if I'm on the fence about a game, AND the game is on sale or discounted or bargain binned, trophies give me an extra incentive to give it a go. But again, only if its on sale. I didn't think I'd like Dragon Age, found it used for cheap, and it was a good choice.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Gotham's Reckoning

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    Buying games for trophies is all very well, but there are depths to which you should never descend...

Hannah Montana
    CSI: Fatal Conspiracy
    Up!
    Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs

These are games you should, and must, avoid like the plague. I may be guilty of platting one of these games myself, but I really wish I hadn't bothered. Don't deliberately buy shit games just so you can boost your trophy count - it's not worth it. Spend your time playing games you actually like, and earn the trophies from those instead.
    Don't forget Terminator Salvation.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Since Aug. 09

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    Exactly. And if you feel it's worth getting the Platinum for, than do it.
    lol thats why i have 170 something games played, against 50 platinums. only the worthy games (in my opinion) will get 100% platinum.

Dominate!

Now this is Podracing

For me there are some games I will get no matter what. For others that I wouldn't have usually picked up, I consider the trophies. Trophies have also helped to prolong the life of certain games for me, and kept me playing long after I had them finished.

PRO Ninja

i feel sorry for you.

check my awesome plat list if you dare: CLICK ME!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Maybe i worded this wrong, i mean it more on the lines of that there are some games that i wouldn't have bought had it not been for the trophies, - ie the tomb raiders, but the fact that now i have them, i see them as a duty to try get the plats for. maybe that makes more sense..
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Trophy Huntin'

Quote Originally Posted by Nookie_Egg View Post
    Maybe i worded this wrong, i mean it more on the lines of that there are some games that i wouldn't have bought had it not been for the trophies, - ie the tomb raiders, but the fact that now i have them, i see them as a duty to try get the plats for. maybe that makes more sense..
    Yeah i understood you from the beginning. Basically buying a game you have no interest in (say hannah montana) simply because there are more trophies there for you to collect.

I personally don't see a point in it because a trophy is no more than just a few pixels saying that you did xyz. I enjoy to collect trophies, but there's no way i'm spending money on a game simply because of it's trophies. If i have interest in a game i'll play it, if it has easy trophies, that's bonus points. But don't worry about it, on this site, i'm probably in the minority... Therefore, you're normal

Looking for some new games? Check out the Trading post for some great deals!
    Latest Platinum: Batman: The Order 1886

Working On: PS4: Star Wars Battlefront and Rocket League
    PS3: Dishonored and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
    Vita: Rainbow Moon and Hotline Miami 2

You weak azz niggs

Quote Originally Posted by Bangcrashboom View Post
    Yeah i understood you from the beginning. Basically buying a game you have no interest in (say hannah montana) simply because there are more trophies there for you to collect.

I personally don't see a point in it because a trophy is no more than just a few pixels saying that you did xyz. I enjoy to collect trophies, but there's no way i'm spending money on a game simply because of it's trophies. If i have interest in a game i'll play it, if it has easy trophies, that's bonus points. But don't worry about it, on this site, i'm probably in the minority... Therefore, you're normal
    I'm in the minority with you then. I only go for trophies on the games I like though. Otherwise, I wouldn't be have bought GT5 or MK, if I cared about easy trophies that much.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast