Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Buying games just for trophies...

This is a discussion on Buying games just for trophies... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Doom only plays games with easy plats. Hard work and Doom do not go hand in hand. Does not pass ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Doom only plays games with easy plats. Hard work and Doom do not go hand in hand. Does not pass go, does not collect 200 Bison Bucks.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Lvl 4 - Silver

samehere dude i do both i buy games that i want to play and games that i want to get trophies/platinums in i mean i just recently bought harry potter 6 just for the platinum ( which i did get the platinum but it was really frustrating but it is easy ) so dont feel bad about it i mean hey that's why they call this site ps3trophies.com

platbar and sig by wadefan1

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I haven't got a single plat

If you got the money for it and you enjoy what you are doing then humbuggle what anyone else thinks or does, gaming is the ultimate hobby next to boobs

Lvl 4 - Silver

When I saw the title for this thread, I was like: "Oh hell no..." But after reading it, I have to adjust that. At least you're buying reasonable games. It's not like you're buying Hannah Montana or anything just to get a trophy. You're simply buying games who are a little more easy to plat than most. Except for Need For Speed: The Run and the Tomb Raider games, those are all good games.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Trophys are a massive contributing factor for me as i love getting them but also ive got to enjoy the game im playing otherwise it just make trophy hunting crap and boring.like your self i have just bought tomb raider trilogy because it was cheap and i am actually thinking of getting the splinter cell trilogy too because once again its cheap,so no your not on your own and happy hunting.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Here is the answer to your trophy whore question, have kids! I have 4 kids, they have their kiddie games. After playing a long ass game like Just Cause 2, I need a break, so I will grab a game from my kids and play it alone or with them. My son was 4 (I think) when we platinumed Cloudy/Meatballs together. Some games I just can't go back and finish like Monsters vs. Aliens. As long as you enjoy your games, who cares what others think! Unlike other people, I enjoy playing both recent Prince of Persias, had a blast playing Terminator with my 12 yr old (at the time), and i LOVED Dark Void! There is a reason for every plat I have, so make your own reasons and memories and F everyone else's opinion! Then again, you did ask for opinions, lol.

The Deathly Rhythm

I buy some games for platinum, same thing for Need For Speed the Run, hated that game but I'm so close for platinum, but you'll never see my platbar saying that I plat Hanna Montana or Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Buy my book, Alteration

I try my best to avoid the urge to avoid such habit. I just remember the good old days when I'd come home from school, plop down, play me some Spyro, and just spend an hour torching sheep.

There is one game I did rent for trophies though: Green Lantern. I actually was meaning to pick that one up for a while, so that may not count, but I got it for a trophy comp, so... Trophy comps are my special exceptions. That said, I've made a vow not to play Megamind, Hannah Montana, or anything like those, just for the taste of a new plat.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Needz Trophy Card

Glad to see this dumb topic is still alive, 3 years later.........TFTC

Lvl 5 - Silver

Welcome to the Trophy Whore family.
    INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

Lvl 7 - Gold

I admit I like to view the 'Platinum difficulty threads" on certain games before I buy them. It's not my sole decision maker although it is a strong one. I like knowing what I have in store for me. I would never buy something like the Tomb Raider trilogy just to plat all three tho cuz i don't really care for those games.

Lvl 6 - Silver

A reason i dont go over the top of trophy hunting....... i play games because they are fun, not for trophies. Yeah, if I see a game for $9.99 that has easy trophies ill buy it, but otherwise, i play for fun. I still will try getting the trophies, but wont do that.
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!

Platinum

Trust me, I know what you mean, but what I did was borrow the shitty games instead of buying them, that way you get your platinum on, for instance, Megamind: The Ultimate Showdown, and never even have to see the game ever again. What can I say, I live really cheap, more than half of the games I got platinum on weren't even mine...
    Please no blank friend requests, otherwise I won't add them. Thanks!

PSN: Doksuri

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy_Destroyer View Post
    A reason i dont go over the top of trophy hunting....... i play games because they are fun, not for trophies. Yeah, if I see a game for $9.99 that has easy trophies ill buy it, but otherwise, i play for fun. I still will try getting the trophies, but wont do that.
    Yeah! Exactly I'm out for the 'fun' plats for decent games. Not just any game for the plat.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by kratos06 View Post
    I buy some games for platinum, same thing for Need For Speed the Run, hated that game but I'm so close for platinum, but you'll never see my platbar saying that I plat Hanna Montana or Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
    This is off-topic, but I'm kinda loving your signature... Wish I had mine like that too... I'm so jealous.
    Please no blank friend requests, otherwise I won't add them. Thanks!

PSN: Doksuri

Chuck Norris Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodigard View Post
    Glad to see this dumb topic is still alive, 3 years later.........TFTC
    ah, your post's of late have caused me to chuckle several time's.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Always go into a game to play it, i will obtain all the trophies i can be bothered to get and move on, i got over a 1000 before i ever got a plat.

I have little time these days, i'm juggling AC Revelations, Uncharted 3, Saints Row TT, Skyrim, Battlefield 3 and PES 2012 and it's hell trying to decide what to play let alone go for trophies i wont have finished all that by the time i start playing MGS HD Collection in a month, damn winter releases!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I was recently into the habit of checking through guides to aid me in my choices for easy plats. but 1 day i just did not turn my ps3 on because i got so sick of the games. now thankfully i am back on my ps3 playing games i like. i WAS a whore now i just play games without looking at guides 1st time round such as L.A noire. i enjoyed the game so much more with out pausing at every dialouge just play your game for fun then plat it if you enjoyed it.

Change is mediocre

Most people on this website buy games for the trophies. If you want trophies then I wouldn't suggest Splinter Cell as the games can be quite difficult to achieve platinum trophies in.

On another note, you shouldn't whore yourself out just or a platinum (Games like Hannah Montana, Up, Megamind, etc.).

Lvl 7 - Gold

i don't buy games for the platinums i buy games for the game and platinum is an extra, but for example i played god of war before (without trophies) and because i really like the game i bought it again so to play it again and will have a platinum as well

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast