Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Buying games just for trophies...

This is a discussion on Buying games just for trophies... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; This is why i have gamefly just for trophy reasons and for the games that i want to play i ...

PRO Member

This is why i have gamefly just for trophy reasons and for the games that i want to play i don't have to pay full price for it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I never buy a game for trophies, I'd rather buy a game I'd enjoy and only get 1 trophy than buy a game that's extremely easy and get every trophy.
    Platbar by the infamous In2
    "If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it.
    If it's marketed right, you'll buy it, but...if it's real, YOU"LL FEEL IT"

worlds biggest welch fan

Block Buster has saved me on the short games but I went through so many Gamestop buying and trading.

game it up.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well...Okay....i must admit....
    I once bought a game just, and only for trophies....
    But i was punished....

When i just had my PS3 a few years ago,
    i loved trophies right away.
    Then i saw "Oblivion" (ES4).
    I had played it alot on my PC and thought:
    "I will buy it and play it again, just to get alot of trophies"

well, i've still played it on PS3,
    but it didn't had trophies....
    BUMMER!!!!

(learned from that, though)

Lvl 9 - Gold

Yah, I've bought games just for trophies. A lot of them turned out to be extremely good games. Then there are others that are the worst games created lol.

Take Darksiders for instance, never would of played it but I picked up the game due to trophies and it ended up being one of the better games released that year for me. Same goes for White Knight Chronicles. Never would of got it, but read up on the trophies, then checked out videos for the game. Easily the greatest console RPG ever created that uses almost all RPG elements. WKC2 was a day 1 purchase that I actually paid full price for, which never happens.

PRO Member

You buy games just to plat them ....be smart and rent that shit lol

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    You buy games just to plat them ....be smart and rent that shit lol
    Just depends where you shop. Renting in most cases for me would be more expensive then buying. Plus I like owning the games incase I want to play it again.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Well look at guys like duck360 and hakoom they had to of played crappy games to have that amount of plats!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I've done it look at my list you can guess at least 3 i bought just for plats which i regret... but i have some respectable plats there 2
    Platinum's Working On= BORDERLANDS 2 (57%) MADDEN NFL 13 (25%) inFAMOUS 2 (42%)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

well when it comes to kiddie games i have a strict rule that i have to really enjoy both the movie and the game. take ice age for example. I love the shit out of those movies because i find them hilarious. Of course i had to play the game and platinum it!! my point is play games you like and enjoy and dont worry about other people. you are the one putting in the time and effort to play these games, not them, and if you think theyre worth it go for it.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Just depends where you shop. Renting in most cases for me would be more expensive then buying. Plus I like owning the games incase I want to play it again.
    I rent 2 games a month for a good price, I only buy games that I know I'll play again after the plat. (fighting games )

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i was buying games just for trophies as well but i stopped after playing brink. i realized i wasn't having fun going for plat. now I just buy games that im interested in.

sig by Auburn

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Bodigard View Post
    Glad to see this dumb topic is still alive, 3 years later.........TFTC
    This topic will always be present as long as there are trophies and trophy-hunters/collectors in ps3.
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by TRU-GAM3R View Post
    Well look at guys like duck360 and hakoom they had to of played crappy games to have that amount of plats!
    Just cuz you might not like a game it doesn't make it ''crappy'' Some people like to build up their plat collection as a hobby... I have done the same in the past.

Sig by Smashguy

Retired

I loved the Toy Story 3 game, one of the harder Disney/Pixar games.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I won't judge you on doing something you like.
    However, personally, I just play a game. If I like it enough to get into it even more, I start working towards the other trophies. I believe that when you get Platinum for a game, you have played it to its max. And that's what I like.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Personally I think buying games just for trophies is a very poor decision. It's a waste of time and money and will bore you. And you're only lying to yourself if you go around boasting to somebody with 7 plats that you have say 20 plats, when really some of those are easy ones and the other person has actually played the games he LIKES to get 100%.

And isn't that the whole point of gaming; to have fun? Not to spend hours trudging through a game just so you can get a virtual trophy that in a few years will count for absolutely nothing.

Call me harsh, but I don't value people who do this as true trophy hunters and I don't even see them as true gamers - people who will actually spend money on something they don't even want when they could be playing a game that they love are missing the whole point of gaming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

PRO Member

I never bought a game for just trophies but i really dont care if someone else does it

Avy: apokolypz Sig: djunglist Platbar: Thunder

Local Drunk

Games are too expensive to buy just for the sake of trophies. I only buy games that sound really good so I'm not wasting my money.

MK Plat = Overrated

I cannot relate to buying a game based on trophies. In my case, I bought all of my games except for Rocketbirds and Trine 1 before I started trophy hunting. Also, I didn't even care about the trophies for those two. I played the demo for both before buying them and loved it. I even have Soul Caliber IV and it doesn't even have trophy support. And yes, I still play it. The only way I would have a game on my list that I absolutely didn't care about is because it was given to me. My gaming funds are not that big so, I'm not going to refuse a game. In fact, I'll play it to the point of getting the just because I don't have any other new games (at the moment).

I will never understand buying games that you may only be "slightly interested in." I suppose if you have a much larger gaming budget than I do, more power to ya. However, my wish list for games I would love to play is longer than the games I currently own.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast