Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Buying games just for trophies...

This is a discussion on Buying games just for trophies... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So ever since I got my first platinum (Infamous), I have gone on several trophy hunting expeditions, including platinuming Batman ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Buying games just for trophies...

So ever since I got my first platinum (Infamous), I have gone on several trophy hunting expeditions, including platinuming Batman Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Crystal Defenders (Well, 100%, there isn't a platinum for this game unfortunately ) and am currently plowing through the God of War collection to get the plats for 1 and 2 as well as having several others to work my way through in order to get the platinum.

I have since decided to start buying games solely to platinum, even ones I don't like! What is wrong with me lol. I bought prince of persia trilogy (never played this on the ps2 so can't comment) for 9.98 [bargain!] and tomb raider trilogy for 9.99. I hated, HATED underworld when I played it, and before even finishing the 2nd level I sold it because I thought it was the most buggy and unfinished game I had ever played, which sucked as I loved the original 3. My brother bought me NFS: the run, for xmas and I am looking at getting the splinter cell trilogy and sly trilogy just for these damn trophies. I never used to give a shit about them until I got that first plat. Damn you infamous Does anybody else do this or is it just me?
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Lvl 9 - Gold

Buying games for trophies is all very well, but there are depths to which you should never descend...

Hannah Montana
    CSI: Fatal Conspiracy
    Up!
    Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs

These are games you should, and must, avoid like the plague. I may be guilty of platting one of these games myself, but I really wish I hadn't bothered. Don't deliberately buy shit games just so you can boost your trophy count - it's not worth it. Spend your time playing games you actually like, and earn the trophies from those instead.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Well... I kind of do this. I was somewhat interested in them, but originally I got some of the lego games mainly for the platinums. I grew to really like them after I started playing them though. But I wouldn't go and buy games I have 0% interest in just for the platinums.

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave people wondering how the hell you did it.

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    Buying games for trophjies is all very well, but there are depths to which you should never descend...

Hannah Montana
    CSI: Fatal Conspiracy
    Up!
    Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs

These are games you should, and must, avoid like the plague. I may be guilty of platting one of these games myself, but I really wish I hadn't bothered. Don't deliberately buy shit games just so you can boost your trophy count - it's not worth it. Spend your time playing games you actually like, and earn the trophies from those instead.
    And what if the op likes said games you listed? I have the plat for CSI, but then again I like the show and game.

Nope, nothing

It's definitely not just you, lots of people on this site buy games for their platinum hunting habbit.

You should sync your trophies to the site by the way, let people check out how your hunt is going

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nookie_Egg View Post
    I am looking at getting the splinter cell trilogy just for these damn trophies.
    The Splinter Cell games are really good fun, so don't feel bad about buying them!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Buying games only for trophies ? that lame, worthless and a waste of money man seriously, i have almost 50 plats and i try to plat all my games, i never quit on those, but i never buy games only for the platinum, i buy what i wanna play, i know terminator is in my list but i wanted to play it, i would never do what you are doing, that's why i don't even think on buy hanna montana or cars even when these are easy plats

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    And what if the op likes said games you listed? I have the plat for CSI, but then again I like the show and game.
    I have never played any of these games, but in fairness I loved the films for Up and CWACOM but I don't think the games would appeal to me. I liked the first tomb raider game, and anniversary is the remake of this so I assume it's not as bad as Underworld.

Buying games only for trophies ? that lame, stupidd, worthless and a waste of money man seriously, i have almost 50 plats and i try to plat all my games, i never quit on those, but i never buy games for the platinum i buy what i wanna play, i know terminator is in my list but i wanted to play it, i would never do what you are doing, that's why i don't even think on buy hanna montana or cars even when these are easy plats
    I realise this is true, but I guess I have a slight interest in some of the games in these collections at least, ie tomb raider anniversary, the fact that underworld comes with it is both a positive and negative in my eyes as it's another game for cheap but an awful one that I don't think I can endure to plat.

And at Chambers35: I am having a bit of difficulty connecting my profile to the site for some reason, I did message an admin about it but he couldn't really help me, so I will have to keep trying to get it linked. It linked before when I was a member (before I had to re-register) but I had problems then too, I will get it eventually
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    [

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Man i have the plat for 3 of the four games listed!!! Not that i got them for that, i have twin girls who like fun disney games, but i admit i go and clean up for the plat when they are finshed lol. The majority of my games are ok but i have alot of family ones that have finshed off for the easy plat and trophies, dont worry about it though people who slate it usually are just gutted your higher level/plat count than them.

There are massivly easy games out there that get 'let off' like uncharted games and things like fallout (easy just takes forever) i personally dont care i have goals and will play any game to get there lol.

Me & Ming @ The Stash

I bought Megamind for like $8 off eBay solely for an easy plat. Traded it in at Gamestop for $11 It's like I got paid $3 for plating a game

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

The One and Only

You buy games only for trophies, even those you don't like?

Congrats, you're a trophy whore!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thought about doing what you're doing, but still can't get past the fact that it just feels like a complete waste of money to buy games I don't even like to play. But since I do like to get the trophies, and I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE games that require you to play online to get some trophies (I DONT WANT TO PLAY ONLINE *GROWLS*) I only tend to buy games without online content these days. (unless I REALLY like the concept, like with TDU 2. sandbox <3)

Retired

I don't I just buy the games I like, none of the games that I platted I didn't like, I don't like buying and selling games just for trophies, or just renting, or buying games for trophies, I think it's a waste of money. In 60 years, will you tell this to your grandson? No. You will forget about all of the trophies in 10 to 20 years, I get trophies because it means that I completed the game 100%.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I have heard that megamind is basically the single easiest plat in existence but it does not appeal to me (not yet anyway, we'll see how much of a trophy whore i become in a month or two lol) but that's cool that you got paid to do it haha, maybe i can find similar exploits at work (work at hmv so i can check on the trade prices of games i have if needed ). To be honest, i still have a LOT of games to plat and some of which i probably never will (because of online ones or dlc or whatever), but i aim to have as many done as possible as soon as possible.. maybe i'll do a checklist at some point when i have some more free time
    [

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    You buy games only for trophies, even those you don't like?

Congrats, you're a trophy whore!
    Basically this. Since you want MOAR and MOAR!

Lvl 6 - Silver

i don't consider myself a whore *yet* as i am not getting games such as hanna montana. I am getting games that i have a slight interest in, and tbf, i don't have anywhere near as many trophies as a lot of you guys. but i like the look of the trophy lists being complete...
    [

PRO Member

no its not just you actually a lot of people on this site is doing the exact same thing
    I myself love getting trophies, but not to the point where ill buy a game just because its an easy plat and that basically means my list consist of games i love, got as a gift or maybe both

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

дурак

Play what you want. If you are having fun, than who cares? If getting trophies for the sake of getting trophies is fun to you, than who are we to judge?
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Nookie_Egg View Post
    i don't consider myself a whore *yet* as i am not getting games such as hanna montana. I am getting games that i have a slight interest in, and tbf, i don't have anywhere near as many trophies as a lot of you guys. but i like the look of the trophy lists being complete...
    We have trophies for the games we have more than slight interest in

Lvl 6 - Silver

lol ok fair enough, but i do have alot of games that i love that i have trophies for, uncharted, batman, god of war etc.. these last few are games that i have heard are ok or good (prince of persia) or that have some good elements to them at least (tomb raider anniversary) so it's not like i'm doing it on games i would never normally play i guess
    [

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast