Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Is PS+ Worth it?

This is a discussion on Is PS+ Worth it? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I don't personally think it's worth it because the only useful thing is cloud saving and people only have that ...

PRO Member

I don't personally think it's worth it because the only useful thing is cloud saving and people only have that because if your ps3 breaks you need a back up but I don't think we should be using cloud saving because we are scared of our ps3's breaking, that's like paying sony extra money because their console sucks and breaks, but if you use cloud saving properley and find it useful then that's OK. Basically all the features people have listed on this page you find useful and you think you will use enough, then you should get it, but 4 me the only slightly interesting thing was cloud saving to back up my files if my ps3 but I don't think you should pay Sony because their console sucks and breaks, but in the end it's your choice, personally I don't play a lot of different games or buy lots of games, I usually keep one for about 4 months so the discounts you get with PS+ wouldn't help me either and I don't really care about themes so I don't think it's worth it but judging by what every1 else thinks you should get it..., basically if you're really into buying lots of games and betas you should get it, but I'm not

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiona05 View Post
    yea it is, did a 3 month trial and it just ran out i need to re up mine. i was always kinda against it till i tried it.
    you can get a 3 month trial???, I never knew you could lol, I might just use the trial

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Chuck Norris Approved.

They started off strong, with decent game's once a week. Now it's maybe two a month. So for the cloud saving yea it's ok but way to small. Also for the post above saying using cloud us like paying sony for a system that break's has to be one of the most ignorant statement's I have seen lately. I mean really ever heard of external hard drive's for pc's? New's flash shit break's that is life. Really get tired of people talking out of their ass. Now back on track as the above post stated, the auto download feature is great and it auto synch's trophy info. So yea I think it is worth it when you way the pro's and con's. I don't do much dlc or buy from psn anymore. However the cloud and auto synch/update I like. Also if you break down the cost over 12 month's, you are looking at less then 5 buck's a month.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Chuck Norris Approved.

Sorry for the double post. I'm on my phone and I can't access the edit tab. I know way should be weigh and other typo's.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

The Last of Us

I personally love everything about it. (Although I think that's the prevalent opinion of this thread anyways.)
    Then again I do actually download quite a few games and addons.
    Over the holidays (and other parts of the year really) you actually get PS+ discounts on top of games and other products that are already discounted to a fair price. Double helping of savings ftw!

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

Lvl 5 - Silver

It is worth it, even sometimes it might not have good things.. but it gives u lower price on some games and dlc and sometimes you get free games with trophies

Lvl 2 - Bronze

"Auto download alone is worth it"
    That! Finally you can download patches on background.
    and all the freebies. I am getting more games for free than I ever have time to plat.
    You also get that shiny + next to your avatar
    Cloud is a cool feature but quite small, It came in handy to back up those copy protected saves when I changed my HDD

If you're still in doubt you should get it when there is something you want on offer so you wont waste your money

Quote Originally Posted by kc1598 View Post
    you can get a 3 month trial???, I never knew you could lol, I might just use the trial
    quite sure that by 3 month trial he means that once your subscription ends you can no longer play it.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by bikiniman View Post
    "Auto download alone is worth it"
    That! Finally you can download patches on background.
    and all the freebies. I am getting more games for free than I ever have time to plat.
    You also get that shiny + next to your avatar

If you're still in doubt you should get it when there is something you want on offer so you wont waste your money
    ooh i forgot that auto download thing xD

PRO Member

I made a little something for you below:

(x) Get early access to betas
    (x) Get early access to some demos
    (x) Get free episodes of QORE
    (x) Get free monthly games
    (x) Get free minis & PSone Classics
    (x) Get discounts on PSN games
    (x) Get discounts on DLC
    (x) Get discounts on game bundles
    (x) Get discounts on avatar packs & themes
    (x) Makes you look cool

PS+ is totally worth either the $17.99 or $49.99 if you buy it right now they're still offering Tomb Raider: Underworld and Marvel Pinball free (full games) along with some discounted game bundles like L.A. NOIRE Complete Edition for around $20-$25.

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I don't like PS+ at all. I want every game I play for real not just some data on your PS3. And you'll have to pay for it too, not worth it. You get crappy games which you don't even want to buy in the real store. Games you don't want in your collection that is.

Only good thing I know is that you can save your files on your account so if your playstation will break you can still continue your save if you have bought a new PS3. But is that worth all the money? Nope not in my opinion.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

If you don't buy a lot of content from the PSN store, then I'd have to say no.

For me, the free games and such are just icing on the cake, but with the betas and the discounts (I did the math and I saved over $100 USD in discounts during my original year of Plus) it makes it worth it. Plus the cloud game saves, at least for me, is almost worth it alone (since I play games across 2 different PS3s).

Looking for Grimy's n00bs

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    I heard that with PS+ that when it expires some of the games are not playable anymore. Which games are those? The ones that are free on PS+, or all games?
    On a happier note when you resubscribe you get them back.

avatar and sig by the awesome kid420247

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by gokussjin View Post
    For me , just the online save feature worths it..I dont like most of the free games that offers ( even though I download them ), but just to be able to save my game's data , makes PSN plus, a plus for me
    I don't think PS+ is worth it for the games cuz they don't stand out for me.... but saving data is a cool feature! If I get PS+ it will be cuz of that alone.

Sig by Smashguy

Legend...Nuff Said

How much is PS+?

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

PRO Member

How much is PS+?
    Check in the PSN store, you can get PS+ for a month - 12 months.

Sig by Smashguy

The Last of Us

How much is PS+?
    $49.99 for 12 months, and I believe $17.99 or something for 3 months.

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12