Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is PS+ Worth it?

This is a discussion on Is PS+ Worth it? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Debating whether to get PS+. Anything so good about it I should go and buy now, or anything against it ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Is PS+ Worth it?

Debating whether to get PS+.

Anything so good about it I should go and buy now, or anything against it and I should wait?

Lvl 4 - Silver

Free games, avatars, themes or discounted prices. It's def worth it! I've downloaded so much in the past 3 or 4 months and saved so much money.

Currently Working On- Borderlands 2 52% Resistance: Burning Skies 40%

The One and Only

PS+ is definitely worth it. You'll have discounts and access to certain betas regular people can't even access. I wish I had PS+ again!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

The only sane person here

Well you do get free games from it and early access to some demos and early beta invites. As well automatic downloads such as patches for all your games and you get Cloud service to save your Saved game files as well locked ones so yeah I think it's worth getting.

Kid, not loser

So worth it. The auto download alone makes it worth it, I never have to wait for a download again.

PRO Member

I absolutely love PS+, you always get good free games (imo), and if you buy a lot of PSN games then you'll love the discounts (Tales of Monkey Island Complete Series is on sale right now for $5 ). The the Cloud save feature is great too, easy to back up saves (even the copy protected saves )
    I would suggest you just buy the 3 month deal and see if you like it first.

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Fight the Future

For me personally, it's absolutely worth it. I've more than made my money back and I still get great free games and pretty significant discounts on a lot of PSN purchases. I'll be a subscriber for a long while yet.

Parker

Lvl 7 - Gold

A resounding yes it is then.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i haven't been impressed with the last few months content but in the long haul i'd say its worth the coin you pay

PRO Member

For me , just the online save feature worths it..I dont like most of the free games that offers ( even though I download them ), but just to be able to save my game's data , makes PSN plus, a plus for me

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Totally worth it man you save so much money from discounts and freebies I've probably saved at least 300 dollars

Plat Card by Wadefan1 Avatar by Chambers35

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Totally worth, but if you will join you will want to saty as PS+ because you will lose all the free stuff if you don't stay Plus, yet it totally worth it

Crocodile Hunter

its worth it....nuff said

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Definitely, I've already made my money back in discounts/free stuff and I still have a year left. That plus the cloud storage and auto-download make PS+ a good deal.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

At first I didnt think so. You pay so much and got so little in return. But I have heard and seen some descent things in the last few months out of it such as PS+ betas and avatars, just more to offer in general in return.

But I hardly ever DL stuff from the PS store. Usually just wallpapers and the occasional add-on. I dont think its worth it for me

Mr. X

Def worth it in my eyes. I've seen a return that surpass the initial price I paid out and I've still got ages left on my subscription. I've had games that I want and some cool avatars and betas to play in. You also get the cloud storage space which is really good, I've had my PS3 die so to know my saves are being backed up is great.

I think the best thing is that you discover new games. I've downloaded games for free and found gems that I, otherwise, never would have played.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Legend...Nuff Said

I heard that with PS+ that when it expires some of the games are not playable anymore. Which games are those? The ones that are free on PS+, or all games?

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    I heard that with PS+ that when it expires some of the games are not playable anymore. Which games are those? The ones that are free on PS+, or all games?
    The ones you downloaded for free are no longer playable if you no longer have ps+
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 9 - Gold

For me, it's totally worth it. I joined when they had a "buy a year, get +3 months", then when they did the same offer on the program's anniversary, I grabbed it again, so I ended up with 2 1/2 years for $100. But I've easily gotten $200 in free games that are worth having in that time, and another $200-$300 in discounts on things that I wanted, or that the insane discounts (up to 80% off) convinced me to buy, cause it made them so cheap. If you can keep the program's intent in mind (it's basically like a Netflix subscription, you get access to the content while you're a subscriber... stop subscribing, and you don't get access to the program content anymore), it's really great. The best part is that anything you pay ANY MONEY for is yours to keep, as well as all the free avatars/wallpapers/themes are yours to keep forever, too.
    If you have the money and like getting lots of random fun little games, and really good bigger games once a month or so, it's worth it.

Since Aug. 09

yea it is, did a 3 month trial and it just ran out i need to re up mine. i was always kinda against it till i tried it.

Dominate!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast