Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Basically done with trophies

This is a discussion on Basically done with trophies within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So yeah as the title says I'm not gonna bother with trophies that much anymore, I first started getting into ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Basically done with trophies

So yeah as the title says I'm not gonna bother with trophies that much anymore, I first started getting into trophies on Oct 2010 when I got my Uncharted: Drake's Fortune but now it's kinda getting tedious to play a game just for the sake of finishing it 100% (I've had Dark Souls on 97% for almost 2 months and I'm not even gonna bother finishing it)

Only gonna go out of my way to get them if:
    -The game is really fun and I want to get more content out of it
    -It's not too much trouble

No more hours of boring gameplay just to finish it 100%, f*ck that
    Last edited by Adell; 12-26-2011 at 06:15 PM.
    Surgeon Of Death

Retired

Drake's Deception came out last month.

The One and Only

I know what you mean man, and I almost feel the same way. I'm not done with trophies, but I'm not hardcore about it.

As long as you're having fun playing games as a game then that's a good step forward.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    I know what you mean man, and I almost feel the same way. I'm not done with trophies, but I'm not hardcore about it.

As long as you're having fun playing games as a game then that's a good step forward.
    You keep saying what I want to say

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by undrey View Post
    You keep saying what I want to say
    Then why didn't you say it?

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by undrey View Post
    Drake's Deception came out last month.
    I meant Drake's Fortune rofl
    Haven't played any Uncharted games in a while so I just wrote the one that came to my head first lol
    Surgeon Of Death

Lvl 9 - Gold

Good for you.

Just one thing completely unrelated, how can you like a generic shounen hero so much that your user and avatar is all him? (Disgaea 2 story was the only one I hated in the series(only non dark hero).)

Sorry for failing so much with () inside of ().
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Legend...Nuff Said

I like trophies but my policy is only play games I'd want to play anyways, so it makes it less tedious plating the game. I'm never going to buy or rent a game just for the trophies, no matter how easy the game is.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    Good for you.

Just one thing completely unrelated, how can you like a generic shounen hero so much that your user and avatar is all him? (Disgaea 2 story was the only one I hated in the series(only non dark hero).)

Sorry for failing so much with () inside of ().
    Disgaea 2 is actually my favorite Disgaea game and he's my favorite main character and the only one who actually uses his fists to fight and not weapons.
    Surgeon Of Death

Lvl 6 - Silver

blasphemy.

MK Plat = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Frostmourne89 View Post
    blasphemy.
    LOL. Yea, really huh? I guess if you buy games that are crappy, you'll become turned off to the of that game. I tend to beat games really fast; therefore, I want to get my money's worth from the game. I love the trophy system for that reason alone. Even with SSF4 and Sports Champions (I really need to get another hard one in there), I felt I got probably another 20 hours, in the case of Sports Champions, and another 80 hours, in the case of SSF4, out of them.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

You know what? Good for you. You don't have to be focusing on crappy games that you hate just for the sake of that platinum. It's the way it should be, but I still care about trophies.

Now this is Podracing

I feel very similar now. I got my first in early 2010. (Borderlands in January). Then i Spent the better part of that year goi ng for more and more trophies, up until a few months ago when I stopped playing games altogether. I got back into gaming, but trophies are only a priority when I really enjoy the game(so recently I got the Uncharted 3 )

Lvl 3 - Bronze

My philosophy has always been that I buy games I want to play. If they turn out to be crappy, I might still get the plat since I paid for the game, but it better not be something that requires me to play a shitload of that crappy game.

Iron Man 2 is a good example. I got it cheap, thought it might be a little fun, but it wasn't. It sucked ass. But the trophies were easy and the plat was done in a couple days.

Then there's a game like Lost Planet 2, which isn't a bad game, but the trophy list is damn near impossible to complete. So do I put the 300+ hours into the game to get almost all of the trophies but still fall short of the plat because I can't set a world record? I can't see myself putting that much time into it unless I set the world record early on and have that in my pocket. Even then I doubt I'd wanna put that much time into any game, let alone one I only kinda like.

Trophies are secondary, but I do like getting 100%.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by TheScott75 View Post
    My philosophy has always been that I buy games I want to play. If they turn out to be crappy, I might still get the plat since I paid for the game, but it better not be something that requires me to play a shitload of that crappy game.

Iron Man 2 is a good example. I got it cheap, thought it might be a little fun, but it wasn't. It sucked ass. But the trophies were easy and the plat was done in a couple days.

Then there's a game like Lost Planet 2, which isn't a bad game, but the trophy list is damn near impossible to complete. So do I put the 300+ hours into the game to get almost all of the trophies but still fall short of the plat because I can't set a world record? I can't see myself putting that much time into it unless I set the world record early on and have that in my pocket. Even then I doubt I'd wanna put that much time into any game, let alone one I only kinda like.

Trophies are secondary, but I do like getting 100%.
    That's why I said "-It's not too much trouble"
    My main reason for not getting Dark Souls is because I accidentally hit the NPC that was supposed to give me the last miracle I need (NG++ on that character) and I just don't feel like completing the game on NG++ with that character just to get that trophy, and I played pre 1.05 so the requirement for that one covenant was 50 Faith so it was an pain in the ass to get.
    Surgeon Of Death

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Dark Souls on 97%!! I cant even beat the first boss!

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

So did making a thread about it make you feel better? Do what you want to do.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

On the edge

I get tired of seeing these threads where people whine about wanting to stop trophy hunting......if you want to quit then just quit. It isn't going to affect any of us here anyways so really just keep it to yourself. This is a site built around a community of trophy hunters and the last thing that we want to hear about is how hunting trophies is not fun for you.

You weak azz niggs

Quote Originally Posted by Adell View Post
    So yeah as the title says I'm not gonna bother with trophies that much anymore, I first started getting into trophies on Oct 2010 when I got my Uncharted: Drake's Fortune but now it's kinda getting tedious to play a game just for the sake of finishing it 100% (I've had Dark Souls on 97% for almost 2 months and I'm not even gonna bother finishing it)

Only gonna go out of my way to get them if:
    -The game is really fun and I want to get more content out of it
    -It's not too much trouble

No more hours of boring gameplay just to finish it 100%, f*ck that
    Cool story bro.

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by ichris26 View Post
    I get tired of seeing these threads where people whine about wanting to stop trophy hunting......if you want to quit then just quit. It isn't going to affect any of us here anyways so really just keep it to yourself. This is a site built around a community of trophy hunters and the last thing that we want to hear about is how hunting trophies is not fun for you.
    you have a soiled point. seem like whenever a certain game gets to hard or boring, ppl want to quit playing/trophy hunting/whatever. seem like ppl want to get 100% on all there games. ppl want to have a perfect trophy set. who the fudge cares. dude wanna quit playing...news flash..stop making it a chore to beat everything.

just enjoy the games. i was trying to become the first person on this site to NBA 2K12. i did it but missed out on just having fun with myplayer mode. as the guy i am quoting said "if you want to quit then just quit. It isn't going to affect us here anyways so really just keep it to yourself". am not trying to be rude or troll u but there are threads like this almost every week or so.

someone should make an official "I AM Done With Trophies" thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast