Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

God of War IV Set To Feature Online Co-Op With Kratos & Deimos - PSM3 Jan 2012

This is a discussion on God of War IV Set To Feature Online Co-Op With Kratos & Deimos - PSM3 Jan 2012 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; UK Magazine PSM3 reported that God of War IV will possibly feature online co-op that involves Kratos and Deimos escaping ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

God of War IV Set To Feature Online Co-Op With Kratos & Deimos - PSM3 Jan 2012

UK Magazine PSM3 reported that God of War IV will possibly feature online co-op that involves Kratos and Deimos escaping from afterlife. Full details can be read here:

Source: God of War IV Set To Feature Online Co-Op With Kratos & Deimos

Lvl 6 - Silver

sweet... has it been offically announced or still work-in-devlopment
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy_Destroyer View Post
    sweet... has it been offically announced or still work-in-devlopment
    According to the source, it is hinted that the game is in development, and it is not yet officially announced.

Buy my book, Alteration

I thought this would be a great idea for GOW4. Turns out I was right. Time for victory cake.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by digitalman123 View Post
    I thought this would be a great idea for GOW4. Turns out I was right. Time for victory cake.
    If it's Chocolate Gateau, save a piece for me.

Ffffffffuck, can you imagine doing co-op actions in combat sequences? Would make Resident Evil 5 look like child's play!

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Please don't ruin the franchise with stupid online coop, the game is solely meant to be experienced solo, so let's keep it that way.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

Crocodile Hunter

why does every company feel the need to add MP these days

Sig by Apokolypz

PRO Member

I don't know why, but a part of me wants to see them branch out GOW into online co-op and possibly competitive multiplayer. Are you saying that a 4-8 player survival arena where you control famous greek mythological characters? Some part of me thinks that'd be awesome

I don't think of them adding this as them following the theme set by other companies because it should be like no other online mode, if it's done right

Identity Overload

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    I don't know why, but a part of me wants to see them branch out GOW into online co-op and possibly competitive multiplayer. Are you saying that a 4-8 player survival arena where you control famous greek mythological characters? Some part of me thinks that'd be awesome

I don't think of them adding this as them following the theme set by other companies because it should be like no other online mode, if it's done right
    If done correctly but that most likely won't happen.

I thought they were done with GoW for a while

Sig by Prosthetic | Platbar by In2 | Avatar by Alison

Lvl 6 - Silver

this will ruin the series lol, its looking like they want to drag it through the mud like the cod series. MP for god of war?

Me & Ming @ The Stash

If the next GoW is some online co-op crap then I'll be passing, just like I did with whatever the last Ratchet & Clank game was.

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I don't like being negative Nancy but I was hoping they would start another franchise or at least move away from Kratos, the first game on PS2 was epic but the sequels dragged it out too much for me.

Chains of Olympus was great though, one of the games that makes me regret selling my PSP.

Up the Irons!

I don't mind it, as long as they still make the campaign the main focus, I'm happy.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

PRO Member

Wowwww... thats a damn shame............ this will for sure ruin the series.... im willing to stake my ps3 on it too..... Co op? are you serious????? bad enough, i think the ended the series at part 3 perfectly............ but if they really going to make a part 4..... whats the story gonna be about..... ok breaking outta hell..... for what?? even if they(he did/kratos& or brother) what are they aiming for or trying to do..... not like they can make a solid story outta this...... if they do, it's gonna be half assed........
    i seriously think they need to leave God Of War be........... they did a good job on 1 2 & 3.........and even ended perfectly on 3 in my conclusion......... but try to do the co op thing (just makes me thing of RE5 right of the back...., that's just me tho)
    i dont think they should jump on the band wagon with G.O.W. (what i mean by that is them tryna add new features to G.O.W. taht aren't needed.... G.O.W. is a perfect 1Player/Offline type Game)
    personally if they did wanna do another G.O.W. i think maybe starting the Game With a New Character would more benefiting to....
    all in all this is just my opinion - which i rather they leave it alone before ruining it..........

Lvl 6 - Silver

find out one of the voice actors than look it up on IDMB.com, if it says (post devolopment) then it is true and is being made. thank me later
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!

MK Plat = Overrated

Oh all you guys are so negative. Those of us who are true GOW fans have faith that they will do an excellent job. I don't think they will phone it in now. So far, they are on a roll. I think this is a great idea. After I played Ghost of Sparta, I wanted more of Deimos. I hope they let us have huge battle sense along the lines of the movie 300. That would be uber awesome if they put in King Leonitus. The possibilities are endless.

Lvl 4 - Silver

BioShock.....Ratchet and Clank....... Assassin's Creed...... now God of War.

What the hell is wrong with 1P or traditional co-op games staying that way? I'm so sick of these half-ass multiplayer tack on's where they don't belong, it's way out of control. It only adds aggrivation to a franchise when it's done any less than stellar.

Who here thinks AC Brotherhood enhanced the experience by adding online? More often than not THAT is how these things go.
    Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!

Now this is Podracing

I think as long as it if co op, and not try to add some kind of competetive mode I would mind.

And more of Deimos would be good. Some of the combo attacks in Ghost of Sparta worked great and flowed well in that battle.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    Please don't ruin the franchise with stupid online coop, the game is solely meant to be experienced solo, so let's keep it that way.
    My thoughts exactly. There is enough multiplayer games out there; no need to ruin the perfectly good single player ones left.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    Absolutely agree. As others have said, leave the game single-player. I, for one, don't play online much (maybe, MAYBE 5% of the time) and feel this franchise would not benefit from online play. It doesn't NEED to be in every game, despite what developers seem to think. Some of us still enjoy playing by ourselves.
    My PS3 Plats:
    Assassin's Creed II, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Beyond: Two Souls, God of War, God of War II, Heavy
    Rain, ICO, inFAMOUS, inFAMOUS 2, L.A. Noire, Prince of Persia, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten
    Sands, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Sly 2:
    Band of Thieves, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves,
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, The Walking Dead: Season One
    My PS4 Plats:
    Apotheon, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, inFAMOUS: Second Son, Murdered: Soul Suspect

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast