Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How many Platinums is a lot or too many?

This is a discussion on How many Platinums is a lot or too many? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; To me if they have 15 to 20 platinum trophies, that's a lot to me. Because getting platinum trophy is ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

To me if they have 15 to 20 platinum trophies, that's a lot to me. Because getting platinum trophy is hard work and take a lot of dedication to get them. It depend on the games, I can probably get Platinum on The Godfather 2, and Terminator Salvation easily. But for other, that takes time.
    <3 Girls Generation/SNSD!!!

PRO Member

I think that no amount is too many, I mean look like at this say ( I know unlikely but just imagine you could maybe make the value a bit bigger and reduce the number of years) a gamer only plays 4 hrs a week but for 50 yrs he could have like 50 platinums at least, but it's not too much because he only plays 4 hrs a week meaning he has a life other than video games, however another player may play for 4 years and have 50 platinums so now that would be too much IMO, but these numbers are not 2 scale but you get my drift....

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Legend...Nuff Said

There is no such thing as too many. Its all personal choice of how many a person wants. Look at Hakoom, for example, he has over 200 plats. Its all a matter how people want to spend their time.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Coug View Post
    Second, it would also depend on how long it is between platinums and how hard it is to earn the platinum. If it's, say, 20 hard platinums in a short time period, I would say too much time in front of the screen.
    I agree with this even through ive only had my ps3 6 months and im at 26

Local Drunk

15-30 plats is a lot and 100+ plats is way too many

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quality >>>> Quanity. I'm not going to fawn at someone who has 150 platinums that are piss easy, but if someone has 10 plats that are the top ten hardests plats on the PS3 I will.

To answer your question: When I first started hunting I though I'd never get to 5 plats. Now at 9 plats I feel that 35+ plats is too much...but that'll change I guess.

PRO Member

100+ may be too many. 50+ is a lot.

I had a goal this year of ~24 platinums, but will miss that as my system died and didn't get repaired for 3 months. Trophies have been around for about 2 years now, so 50 means you platinumed about two games a month.
    77th platinum: LEGO MARVEL Super Heroes (PS3). 86th PSN/non-platinum 100%: My Singing Monsters. NightRaven77's Trophy Checklist

The Last of Us

Quote Originally Posted by whiteboyfromco View Post
    I personally believe that the trophies do NOT make a person a "hardcore gamer". In fact, I believe it to be close to the opposite. Most trophy hunters and/or whores aren't playing the game to play the game, they just want trophies. They want the "rep" that comes with having a bunch of trophies and platinums. I think it's possible to judge a person on whether they are a hunter or whore based on their games played and trophies earned, but I don't think a person can be called a gamer just because they like to unlock trophies. Gaming was never about earning trophies. I feel like a "hardcore gamer" is based solely on how much they play, how many they play, and why they play. The answers have to be: Often, A lot, and because playing video games is their lifestyle choice. Hardcore gaming is what you see Kevin Butler talk about. I am a hardcore gamer and I don't like being grouped together with people that play disney games for easy trophies. I take pride in what I do because at the end of each day, I go back to my playstation. I can easily see myself 30-40 years from now, standing on line for a midnight release for a game because I love the series. Not because said game has a bunch of easy trophies, but because the game is flippin' awesome and it brings joy to my life to play it; and I know that because I know the name the developed it. I know the hatred the burns inside me when I see the new DMC, but I also know that Ninja Theory makes AMAZING games. Trophies and playing video games are a hobby for some people. For me, video games are a way of life. I am a hardcore gamer.
    ^ What this guy said.

Although I don't go out of my way to buy games that have easy trophies, I do love getting them in the games I love. If that means I'm a trophy whore, so be it.

But to answer the actual question of how many platinums is too many. There is no defined number obviously, I don't care if you get 200 in the run of a year, if you have the time and money to devote solely to gaming more power to you.

I also don't think platinums are everything. I have over 1800 trophies myself and only 5 platinums to show for it. I'm pretty sure I have some sort of gamer A.D.D.

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

Lvl 3 - Bronze

50+ platinums is a lot but 100+ platinums is too many
    Platbar by the infamous In2
    "If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it.
    If it's marketed right, you'll buy it, but...if it's real, YOU"LL FEEL IT"

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think somewhere in the world, a group of serial killers are having the exact same discussion with murders instead of plats

The One and Only

I would say 100+ plats is alot of plats, but that doesn't necessarily make that person hardcore. How do we know he didn't hack some of those trophies just by looking at his trophy count?

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12