Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

All-Time Hardest PS3 Platinum Trophies

This is a discussion on All-Time Hardest PS3 Platinum Trophies within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR UFC Personal Trainer has 0 of 428 ... but then again... to play that game legit ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR View Post
    UFC Personal Trainer has 0 of 428 ... but then again... to play that game legit would take some serious time and dedication ...
    Challenge Accepted

Royal Flush X2

Quote Originally Posted by DETfaninATL View Post
    I’ve looked around, done multiple searches and didn’t see this topic posted, so I decided to start a new thread on it. If one already exists, please point me to it and I’ll close this one down…..

Ever since I first Platinumed ‘Aliens vs. Predator’ a year and a half ago, and experienced the teeth gnashing, hair pulling, controller smashing difficulty that came with doing so, I’ve been curious as to what the most difficult platinum trophies truly are on the PS3. So, I did some research on the subject and the following is what I came up with, below. In order to put this list together, I read around to see what people thought were genuinely hard plats and why, looked at some Top 10 lists compiled by others and then I looked at a site that (as of the time of this writing) is currently tracking 275,240 PS3 users world wide. They list the # of players who own or have played the title, the # of players who have the platinum trophy and the percentage of players that makes up. Here are the results in order from the lowest Platinum percentage to the highest. If anyone has anything else they want to possibly add, post it below.

THE TOP 10 HARDEST PS3 PLATINUM TROPHIES

Lost Planet 2 - 0.33%
    Warhawk - 0.51%
    Far Cry 2 - 0.66%
    Gran Turismo 5 - 0.94%
    Mortal Kombat - 1.00%
    STAR OCEAN : The Last Hope International - 1.06%
    GUITAR HERO : Van Halen - 1.40%
    Street Fighter IV - 1.54%
    Wipeout HD - 1.74%
    Naughty Bear - 1.9

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    Grand Theft Auto IV - 2.20%
    Aliens vs. Predator - 2.69%
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - 3.56%
    Resistance 2 - 4.73%
    Vanquish - 4.88%
    Killzone 2 - 5.51%
    Even though Mortal Kombat has a lower % of people with the plat then Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 but since I have both of those plats along with some of those mention as well Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 was way harder than Mortal Kombat so lower % doesn't always mean its harder. Mortal Kombat is really just an ultra long platinum but still in general it's not an easy plat and is one to be proud of having just not extreme hard like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 or Street Fighter IV.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

You also might want to add Rock band 3, i know its under 1%

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    Even though Mortal Kombat has a lower % of people with the plat then Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 but since I have both of those plats along with some of those mention as well Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 was way harder than Mortal Kombat so lower % doesn't always mean its harder. Mortal Kombat is really just an ultra long platinum but still in general it's not an easy plat and is one to be proud of having just not extreme hard like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 or Street Fighter IV.
    I understand the notion that some games are actually more difficult to platinum than others with a lower percentage, but there are a myriad of factors that go into what truly makes a game hard to platinum and sometimes the length of time it takes, or, 'the grind' is a factor of difficulty itself. Sometimes it's more than enough of a factor. Mortal Kombat is a great example. I wanted to pick that game up but never did because the plat was a brutal grind and after Resistance 2, I'm just not into that. It may sound stupid to be like that as I'm sure I miss out on some great games, but look at my collection. I plat everything that goes in my PS3. So, I tend to look at the percentages as the best approximator of difficulty because it's a fair equalizer for all games relative to the number of people who have played a game versus those who have cared enough to complete the platinum. And let's face it, only trophy whores and hunters care about a platinum anyway, so I guess what I'm trying to say, is it's all relative, to be sure, but percentages are the best capture of difficulty in my bok. As the saying goes, "the numbers don't lie".

But to be fair, I also do my reading to see what people have to say as well.....

And by the way - PHOENOMENAL platinum collection! You have some seriously hard ones on there - well done.

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shemhazat View Post
    I look at that top ten list and think, "I have Wipeout, GT5, Star ocean and I have none of those platinums". Those platinums, in the case of SO4 are not tough but long. Aura said it took her about 500 hours to platinum Star Ocean and that it was not difficult but exceedingly boring and repetitive. Gran Turismo 5 and WipeOut HD are tough platinums to get because of some of the gold trophies and tight 1st place times.
    now these are not the hardest but some of the longest to get plats
    warhawk around 1000 or more with out boosting with boosting around 600
    wkc1 around 500 to 750 hours
    wkc2 500 to around 750 hours
    star ocean 500 to 1000 hours
    chonice of riddick never play but too a frinend long time to boost
    gta4 not sure how many hours but in but noose takes about a month to get 10mil
    bfbc1 lot of hours in to 10,002 kills and all ribbions or what ever it was
    farcry2 with boosting can be cut down to around 200 if you have enough people
    ngs2 all mission done long time to complete
    fear 2 takes fo ever it seems online

Royal Flush X2

Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    now these are not the hardest but some of the longest to get plats
    warhawk around 1000 or more with out boosting with boosting around 600
    wkc1 around 500 to 750 hours
    wkc2 500 to around 750 hours
    star ocean 500 to 1000 hours
    chonice of riddick never play but too a frinend long time to boost
    gta4 not sure how many hours but in but noose takes about a month to get 10mil
    bfbc1 lot of hours in to 10,002 kills and all ribbions or what ever it was
    farcry2 with boosting can be cut down to around 200 if you have enough people
    ngs2 all mission done long time to complete
    fear 2 takes fo ever it seems online
    NGS2 all missions done is among the hardest as Ultimate Ninja #1 and #2 is what prevents most from the platinum and both of those take an extreme amount of skill from 2 people so both have to be extreme good and know what do to and not just grinding for a long time.

You weak azz niggs

Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    NGS2 all missions done is among the hardest as Ultimate Ninja #1 and #2 is what prevents most from the platinum and both of those take an extreme amount of skill from 2 people so both have to be extreme good and know what do to and not just grinding for a long time.
    Don't forget about a good connection lol

Royal Flush X2

Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    Don't forget about a good connection lol
    I forgot to mention that part as well

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Fight night 4 really pisses me off to be up there. the game is not hard. its just getting the belts from online mode.
    GTA4 was much harder and time consuming but at least i could see the end.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by DETfaninATL View Post
    I hear ya, and I agree with you to a certain extent. But if you can figure out a better way to compile the list then by all means, please do so (not at all being snarky - just sayin'). My starting point for doing this was looking at polls and reading what people generally considered to be difficult platinum trophies. Naturally, that info comes directly from the gaming community and the subset therein that's concerned with trophies / platinums. So out of that subset, I took the 25 or 30 most commonly cited games and did the 'stats' research on those. The list is the result of that, and I couldn't find any better indicator than platinum percentage when it came to actual difficulty. So, there you have it........
    I agree with what you're saying, but overall it's extremely difficult to really pull together a constructive list of what the hardests plats are around, and like grimy said there are plenty of factors to consider.

However, as an owner of the Vanquish platinum at sixteen years old I can't help but smile at seeing it there.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    WipEout HD is on the Top 10? Honestly didn't expect that to be up there
    wipeout is hard

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet2425 View Post
    Challenge Accepted
    Good luck... I skimmed the trophies and doing a workout every day for 100 straight days would be the toughest to maintain without switching dates on the ps3 ... especially during holidays & vacation...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Well, didn't see Dance Dance Revolution extra songs version, nobody has platinumed it AFAIK

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I've seen alot of hard lists, and i've never played Warhawk but it looks like this platinum is nearly impossible. On a side note, i'm playing through batman arkham city right now, and it seems like a bunch of people have this plat already and all the guides i look at says it takes roughly 50 or so hours... but wow this seems like it will be a hard platinum... i dont know... but coming from somebody who has the mortal kombat platinum... it is not extremely hard at all, just takes dedication and a pretty high electric bill for 1 month for the my kung fu is stronger trophy.

MK Plat = Overrated

Ugh. Super Street Fighter 4 definitely deserves to be on that list. That game was the bane of my existents. After I it, I didn't play it for a month. Those trials are only for the most hardcore fighting gamer. They will test your skill, patience and, sometimes, luck.

Another one that should be on the list should be Sports Champions. It has <2% with the . It is without a doubt much easier than SSF4 but it definitely deserves recognition. Not easy.

Needz Trophy Card

you need to add DC Universe Online, I know for a fact it's under 1.5%

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by industry18 View Post
    You also might want to add Rock band 3, i know its under 1%
    Honestly, the trophies in Rock Band 3 aren't that hard, it's just that it'll cost you a few hundred bucks to get all the instruments needed (unless you borrow them from somebody of course)

Lvl 4 - Silver

WARHAWK, Mortal Kombat & Dragon Ball Raging Blast.

Signature And Avatar Made By DjungList!
    Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Platinum #10

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

catherine should be mentioned. that game is extremely hard

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 1 - Bronze

(Before everything, Sorry about the grammar....)

Its sooooo relative the difficult of a Platinum Trophy....
    Thinking about it I classify the difficult of a platinum trophyf in this:
    - Difficult because of the necessary time (ie FIFA 11 500 VP games), obviously this only counts if u feel its a repetitve playing or exploring looking for stuff (GTA games, La Noire)
    - Difficult because of the online playing: this mostly counts in older games, because of the lack of players/servers or the xp of the players. AND SPECIALLY CAUSE oF the F&%$&$ online glitches (ie the quiters of sports Games when u have to win consecutive matches)
    - Difficult because they are: this are the trophies that are difficult cause are difficult/tricky (Demon Souls, Dark Souls, etc)

Could be a mix , but for me a top ten must be using the last of these clasifications. If u have a trophy that u cant get only spending hours its not worthy as if u need ability. U only need time and eventualy u get it. The online u have to ignore because it's subjective....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast