Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

All-Time Hardest PS3 Platinum Trophies

This is a discussion on All-Time Hardest PS3 Platinum Trophies within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; that is a list based on people who platted it... it could be any number of reasons... difficulty may not ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

that is a list based on people who platted it... it could be any number of reasons... difficulty may not even be one of them... they could be boring games or any number of things

Lvl 2 - Bronze

What I want to know is, who are the 13.3% who have hannah montana but DON'T have the plat?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

mortal kombat is hard too

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm surprised Vanquish is even on that list.

I have obtained all but 3 trophies (including the Plat) in about 4 days. Quite easy. I rented the game though, so I couldn't get the plat for it.

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    I'm surprised Vanquish is even on that list.

I have obtained all but 3 trophies (including the Plat) in about 4 days. Quite easy. I rented the game though, so I couldn't get the plat for it.
    49/51 is suppose to be really easy but challenge six is the reason why alot of people stop :stare:

Lvl 1 - Bronze

street fighter 4......the combos are brutal

PRO Member

and where s kof 13

The Girl Gamer

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe is the hardest so far for me with those kombo challenges.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

How about YOOSTAR 2? No one has this platinum.
    Glad i have Bulletstorm, Mortal Kombat and I'm not far from getting the GTA4 platinum :d :d :d

PRO Member

I have never come across a game thats a "hard plat", so I am basing this on the grind.

I would have to say Resistance 2, for the Killing Machine trophy.

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Ice Cream Firefighter

Sonic Unleashed Never Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by User011010 View Post
    I would have to say Resistance 2, for the Killing Machine trophy.
    Killing Machine is a hellish grind, yes, but it's not difficult. Just unbelievably time-consuming.

Like N-D-N12, said, Street Fighter IV (and SSFIV) are very hard due to the trials. Also, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 is a very challenging platinum, with some truly brutal obstacles to overcome - not the least of which is EA's servers....

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    49/51 is suppose to be really easy but challenge six is the reason why alot of people stop :stare:
    That's the case here. I had a date with some drying paint - you know...a more enjoyable endeavour haha.

And it would be curious to be omnipotent and know how many more people would have GTAIV completed if it had launched after trophies were introduced.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 7 - Gold

Lost Planet 2 isn't really "hard". It's just incredibly time consuming. Though the extreme difficulty playthrough you have to do is very challenging, it's right on par with a lot of other games on their highest level of difficulty.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by the_benne666 View Post
    How about YOOSTAR 2? No one has this platinum.
    Glad i have Bulletstorm, Mortal Kombat and I'm not far from getting the GTA4 platinum :d :d :d
    That platinum is not hard, just the game is broken. No matter how perfect you are it is near impossible to pass a scene. Also you need a ton of online experience but no one is online to vote for you and your scene has to pass a moderator first so it takes awhile to even get posted.

Trust me I tried to write the guide and be the first to platinum it, it is a stupid stupid game

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

GTA IV is not hard, only time consuming. It took me few months to plat it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I know people aren't really including the guitar hero/rock band games, but I thought I'd throw rock band 3's hat into the 'hardest platinum trophy' ring for several reasons:

1) it's RIDICULOUSLY expensive--in order to obtain all trophies, you have to purchase the standard RB/GH guitar, the upgraded 'pro' guitar/bass (~$100), a drumkit with triple cymbal expansion (~$100), the keyboard peripheral (~$50), and at least one microphone (but probably two or three for the vocal harmonies trophy).......totalling $300+.
    2) a couple trophies are a major grind, especially the HOPO challenge on guitar that will take you months of regular playing to achieve (unless you want to sit down and play freebird 50 times in a row)
    3) you can't just be a good button masher/casual video gamer; you NEED to have a considerable amount of musical talent to platinum this bitch: pro keys can get quite complex on the lessons, some of the pro drum trainer lessons are very demanding and hard for TWO people working together to manage (much less one person), you will have to LEARN real guitar and bass for those pro trophies.......and nailing 100% of the triple vox harmonies on bohemian rhapsody? chyeah right (0.53% of the RB3 population has it according to ***********).

I love the rock band games to death, but unless you're rich and a musical virtuoso, you can pretty much forget about the plat that 0.23% of uber-dedicated players have.
    Last edited by electromaniac; 03-18-2013 at 11:47 PM.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by electromaniac View Post
    I love the rock band games to death, but unless you're rich and a musical virtuoso...
    As someone that identifies as a musician, I can safely say that, no matter how skilled you are at your chosen instrument, those skill do not transfer over to Rockband or Guitar Hero, and anyone that says otherwise is talking out of their ass lol.

As for the original list, it seems that a bunch of those games just require an extreme amount of time and dedication to plat - case in point, Battlefield: Bad Company and Gran Turismo 5 - or are nigh-unplattable because they are broken games (Lost Planet 2).

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    As someone that identifies as a musician, I can safely say that, no matter how skilled you are at your chosen instrument, those skill do not transfer over to Rockband or Guitar Hero.
    I'll take your word for it, but I can't help but feel that the opposite is somewhat true with drums (that is to say, regularly playing RB's pro drums can get you pretty cozy with a real-life drumkit).

having played every single game in the rock band and guitar hero franchises for trophies, I can safely say that besides RB3 (see above post), GH: van halen and lego rock band (yes, seriously) are two of the hardest to platinum. this is because of the insane amount of dedication required to 100% the guitar solo in 'the final countdown' on expert (lego RB) and to get 5* on 'eruption' and 'spanish fly' on expert guitar (GH:vh). after all, it basically comes down to mashing on a series of colored plastic buttons, and doing so without error (<1% of owners have either plat). also, lego RB has absolutely no online support, so the band trophies are no small feat themselves.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Soul Calibur 5 is a diffcult game to plat.
    Trophy Hunter Percy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast