Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

All-Time Hardest PS3 Platinum Trophies

This is a discussion on All-Time Hardest PS3 Platinum Trophies within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Payday the heist is a very difficult platinum...

PRO Member

Payday the heist is a very difficult platinum

Avy: apokolypz Sig: djunglist Platbar: Thunder

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Man, Resistance 2 wouldn't be so hard if there were more people playing online! The only ones I'm missing are those stupid online trophies. I will get it! Eventually...

Banned

Holy necro posting, Batman!

Plats-O'-War!!

Proud owner of these 2 's

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - 3.56%
    Resistance 2 - 4.73%

These games I own, will I attempt to go after the 's? Maybe Am I crazy to do these? Probably
    Gran Turismo 5 - 0.94%
    Mortal Kombat - 1.00%
    STAR OCEAN : The Last Hope International - 1.06%
    Street Fighter IV - 1.54% (same as Super Street Fighter IV)
    Wipeout HD - 1.74%
    Super Street Fighter 4 – 1.79% (started it, but haven't played it in a long time. Will get back into it later in the year)
    Grand Theft Auto IV - 2.20%
    Bulletstorm – 4.64% (just need to do the online, and do the skill kills)
    Vanquish - 4.88% (same as Super Street Fighter IV)

Lvl 9 - Gold

even though i say required play time does not affect difficulty level (except in RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE circumstances), games like White Knight Chronicles I & II, with required play times upwards of 500+ hours, id say that pretty much screws my opening statement...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    As for the original list, it seems that a bunch of those games just require an extreme amount of time and dedication to plat - case in point, Battlefield: Bad Company and Gran Turismo 5 - or are nigh-unplattable because they are broken games (Lost Planet 2).
    sorry dude but Gran Turismo 5 is more than just a grind, some of the special events are tough and the Vettel challenges are just way beyond most peoples skill level to achieve a gold time in. Factor in that most people who did achieve the gold times had to buy a wheel to do it, and even then spent many many hours doing laps to perfect it, says a lot about its difficulty. Personally I managed to achieve it with a DS3 controller, but I couldn't even tell you how many solid hours I put in to it.

Also Fight Night Champion is just damn right ridiculous, I'll never achieve that plat because of its unforgiving ranking system. The fact you lose xp/level when you lose a fight just means that if you aren't one of the very best FNC fighters in the world your not reaching rank 60. Even just reaching level 15 is 1.90%, rank 30 is 0.93%, rank 45 is 0.24%, and rank 60 is a crazy 0.09%

Lvl 7 - Gold

Injustice Gods Among Us must be up there?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

you are missing "the shoot" with 0.72%.

i dont think those percentages mirror difficulty, there are a lot of factors playing into this. just think about what kinds of people have singstar: those are casual gamers with a ps3 that gathers dust and is turned on once every 3 months to sing some songs with friends. they dont think about trophies. (not to mention all those who accidentally clicked on that logo in the menu without even owning microphones)
    on the other hand, what kinds of people have dark souls? hardcore gamers who (in the majority) knew what they were getting into when they bought the game, prepared to sink their teeth into it. dark souls has a platinum rate of ~18% -> is is that much easier than little big planet (5%) or singstar (0.5%)? i dont think so, i think the crowds are just different. games for casual gamers may just get platted less, because their target group doesnt really care for trophies.

after all, imho, rarity is just rarity. not difficulty. those are two different pairs of shoes

so how to measure difficulty? we have polls on this site for every game asking people how hard the difficulty is. also, most trophy guides give some information about how hard the game is (this is one man's opinion tho). is it just one trophy that a lot of people lack (i hear naughty bear has one of those) - and is it just time consuming (like white knight chronicles) or actually really hard (in lack of a better example, think of stuff like the trial of the gods in god of war). should time consuming count for this list? out of the number of people that dont have the plat, how many have even completed the game?

ofc some of the games in the list actually are very difficult - the street fighter games f.ex. are very hard to master and you have to beat a lot of people online in a row for the plat, which seems very very hard. or vanquish is really hard too.

sry for the wall of text

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DETfaninATL View Post
    I’ve looked around, done multiple searches and didn’t see this topic posted, so I decided to start a new thread on it. If one already exists, please point me to it and I’ll close this one down…..

Ever since I first Platinumed ‘Aliens vs. Predator’ a year and a half ago, and experienced the teeth gnashing, hair pulling, controller smashing difficulty that came with doing so, I’ve been curious as to what the most difficult platinum trophies truly are on the PS3. So, I did some research on the subject and the following is what I came up with, below. In order to put this list together, I read around to see what people thought were genuinely hard plats and why, looked at some Top 10 lists compiled by others and then I looked at a site that (as of the time of this writing) is currently tracking 275,240 PS3 users world wide. They list the # of players who own or have played the title, the # of players who have the platinum trophy and the percentage of players that makes up. Here are the results in order from the lowest Platinum percentage to the highest. If anyone has anything else they want to possibly add, post it below.

THE TOP 25 HARDEST PS3 PLATINUM TROPHIES

Fight Night Champion – 0.01%
    Lost Planet 2 - 0.33%
    Death Track: Resurrection - 0.46%
    Warhawk - 0.51%
    SingStar – 0.52%
    Fight Night Round 4 – 0.59%
    Far Cry 2 - 0.66%
    Gran Turismo 5 - 0.94%
    Mortal Kombat - 1.00%
    STAR OCEAN : The Last Hope International - 1.06%
    GUITAR HERO : Van Halen - 1.40%
    Street Fighter IV - 1.54%
    Wipeout HD - 1.74%
    BATTLEFIELD : Bad Company – 1.79%
    Super Street Fighter 4 – 1.79%
    Naughty Bear - 1.9%
    Grand Theft Auto IV - 2.20%
    BattleFantasia – 2.29%
    Aliens vs. Predator - 2.69%
    MotorStorm: Pacific Rift – 3.08
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - 3.56%
    El Shaddai – 3.90%
    Bulletstorm – 4.64%
    Resistance 2 - 4.73%
    Vanquish - 4.88%

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    Ghostbusters 4.96%
    Killzone 2 - 5.51%
    the problem whit many games, are that most people use plats hacks...

I will add to the list

DEAD SPACE 2
    CATHERINE *HARDEST GAME FOR ME
    DEMONS SOULS
    BLEACH

Lvl 6 - Silver

Where's Tom Clancy's End War? That's under 5% I believe.

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Avy by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 5 - Silver

I wonder do you take boosting, exploiting glitches and using guides into account? If not I'd definitely add F.E.A.R. 2 to the list which is close to impossible without online boosting.

- Difficult because of the necessary time (ie FIFA 11 500 VP games), obviously this only counts if u feel its a repetitve playing or exploring looking for stuff (GTA games, La Noire)
    I searched for GTA4's "flying rats" with a guide and despite an available screenshot for each it still took me 5-15 minutes for some to discover. I believe without any help I would be unable to find all and thus it's not only difficult because it's time consuming but because I simply cannot find them all. Now if I spend a life time doing nothing else than playing this game I'd most likely find them all but I can quite safely say that I would not be able to plat this game within ten thousand hours of gameplay if I didn't have any help.
    I did not however found Demon Souls/Dark Souls any difficult to plat, only (a bit) time consuming. They are hard games definitely but all trophies can be got with normal gameplay plus grinding. Other games might be easier to just play and finish but have hard contextual trophies like Darksiders' "Kill 160 enemies while on the angelic beast". If trophies like this would be integrated into gameplay in a way that they're required to finish the game many games would be equal in difficulty to Demon Souls/Dark Souls.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Honestly Call of dut Classic was a pain, Still ain't got it also Alien Vs Predator ranked matches are so dead and time-consuming.

arrghhargahragharahg

Quote Originally Posted by Jackrees1998 View Post
    Honestly Call of dut Classic was a pain, Still ain't got it also Alien Vs Predator ranked matches are so dead and time-consuming.
    Working on COD Classic, and it is FRUSTRATING!!! I have to turn it off so that I won't throw the controller at the screen!! I'm a little past halfway, working on the veteran missions. GTA IV, I need 2 more trophies. And Vanquish, just need to complete without dying, on hardest difficulty, and those challenges.
    Extremely busy at the moment. I have not forgotten those that I am helping, so fear not!
    Sig by DaRe_xLw
    !!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234