Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Worst game sequel ever made?

This is a discussion on Worst game sequel ever made? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Need for Speed Hot Pursuit was good, Shift 2 , Undercover and The Run are the worst game sequels ever!...

The Deathly Rhythm

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit was good, Shift 2 , Undercover and The Run are the worst game sequels ever!
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by TerminalPhoenix View Post
    Sly 3? You got to be kidding me.
    Dragon age 2? It wasn't as epic as the first, but it is not the worst sequel by far.

In my opinion, Sly 3 was a solid game and DA2, while it lacked an antagonist and didn't take us much outside the city, it had some good things going for it, improved gameplay mechanics, good scripts and voice acting. There are things you may not like and be disappointed in, but the worst? Just my personal opinion, but I have to disagree.

This is my list - Farcry 2, DMC 2, Fable 2, Gears of War 2.
    WTF Gears of War 2 and Fable 2 were an improvement to the originals in every way they were sick! As for my worst sequel other then CODS Dragon Age 2 after I beat it I havent touched it once. Also Bioshock 2 was a huge disappointment

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Slava View Post
    WTF Gears of War 2 and Fable 2 were an improvement to the originals in every way they were sick! As for my worst sequel other then CODS Dragon Age 2 after I beat it I havent touched it once. Also Bioshock 2 was a huge disappointment
    Sorry I meant Fable 3 - and Gears of War 2 is more of a personal choice in the matter; I know folks who liked it - unfortunately, I wasn't one of them. When looking at people's answers I can honestly say some one's garbage is another's treasure. Outside of maybe DMC 2 which I can say is universally hated in the series, I think the rest if the answers are all over the place. Interesting list nonetheless.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

Army of Two: The 40TH Day.
    worst story mode and multiplayer since Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!

NSFW

I hereby present: One of the most tragic evolutions(?) of a game franchise.

Sonic The Hedgehog......

Sonic had a lot of kick-ass games back in the days, Sonic 1-3 AWESOME, Sonic CD AWESOME, Sonic Adventure PRETTY COOL TOO, but when it just...... stopped. Sonic Heroes, Sonic Riders, Sonic and the secret rings, Sonic and the black knight, Sonic: Free Riders, Sonic Unleashed (which I thankfully didn't play (but based on others thoughts and reviews, looks pretty damn bad)), and of course, Sonic 06. Crappy games thrown everywhere, with a few decent (Sonic 4: Episode 1 and Sonic Colors). Sonic is losing his gaming worth, but maybe there is still hope since "Sonic Generations" was actually pretty fun.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy_Destroyer View Post
    Army of Two: The 40TH Day.
    worst story mode and multiplayer since Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
    You my friend, earned +Rep for that one!

Local Drunk

Sly 3? You got to be kidding me.
    Dragon age 2? It wasn't as epic as the first, but it is not the worst sequel by far.

In my opinion, Sly 3 was a solid game and DA2, while it lacked an antagonist and didn't take us much outside the city, it had some good things going for it, improved gameplay mechanics, good scripts and voice acting. There are things you may not like and be disappointed in, but the worst? Just my personal opinion, but I have to disagree.

This is my list - Farcry 2, DMC 2, Fable 2, Gears of War 2.
    I haven't played Dragon Age 2. I just don't like Sly 3 as much as the others and like I said before it's the worst sequel I can think of atm.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom View Post
    Easily Snake's Revenge. Not even mentioned in the Metal Gear Lore. Can any other sequel claim this? Doom wants to know.
    I don't count that as a sequel since Kojima had nothing to do with the making of the game. He didn't even know it was in development until it was released, he then decided to make a true sequel & made Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.

For me, Legacy of Kain Blood Omen 2. That game took everything that made Blood Omen & Soul Reaver 1 & 2 great, & said, we don't need this, then made one of the buggiest games of the last generation I ever played. which is sad because it was in development for much longer then Soul Reaver 2 which was near perfect.

INTJ

Fable 3 is a better RPG than Dragon age 2.

and fable 3 was horrifying

nothing can be worse then hamburger helper's writing and gaming vision

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SolDethgard View Post
    I don't count that as a sequel since Kojima had nothing to do with the making of the game. He didn't even know it was in development until it was released, he then decided to make a true sequel & made Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.
    I know that but before the West became aware of the Metal Gear lore, it was considered a sequel.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I gotta reinforce what a lot of you have said.........Devil May Cry 2........It sticks out even more because 3 was so awesome
    after it. Traditionally the second game is the best in the series. Here's some other crap sequels
    Golden Axe 2
    Final Fight 2
    Zelda 2
    Mario Bros 2
    Shadowman 2nd Coming
    Tenchu 2
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by lectorw View Post
    Mario Bros 2
    Are you talking about the Lost Levels or the non-canon Mario Brothers 2 that was pretty much another game entirely that the developers just sprite swapped and released?

God Bless those NES days.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

nah not the lost levels, it was awesome. You have kinda got me on a technical point.

The Last of Us

I gotta reinforce what a lot of you have said.........Devil May Cry 2........It sticks out even more because 3 was so awesome
    after it. Traditionally the second game is the best in the series. Here's some other crap sequels
    Golden Axe 2
    Final Fight 2
    Zelda 2
    Mario Bros 2
    Shadowman 2nd Coming
    Tenchu 2
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
    ^ Most ironic post ever. =P

I also have to go with Dragon Age 2. I didn't even finish it I hated it so much. Then again, just a personal opinion...

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

Plats-O'-War!!

Tenchu 2
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
    How in the hell is Tenchu 2 bad? Granted, I never played it (and now I'm gonna get it from ebay soon ), but I heard it was pretty damn good. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2!? Even though it's a very hard to obtain, it's still one of the best Ninja Gaiden games I've ever played.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I just reckon they are both weaker versions of their prequels. You'll find out when you fire up Tenchu 2. It isn't terrible, but it's just missing something. Ninja Gaiden 2, on the other hand, mistakes luck for challenge. The first was rock hard but fair most of the time.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I personally liked Dragon Age II. It doesn't compare with Dragon Age: Origins as they're both very different and very similar games but Origins is better in many respects compared to 2. DA2 is still a Good game in my books though.

Also the worst sequel I played, Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days. This game was so disappointing, I knew something was wrong when I got it so damned Dirt cheap, but I bought and played it anyway and was thoroughly disappointed.

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom View Post
    Easily Snake's Revenge. Not even mentioned in the Metal Gear Lore. Can any other sequel claim this? Doom wants to know.

god that was awful.
    so bad, i forgot all about it, until now...

Huge Gaming Backlog

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tonto View Post
    I personally liked Dragon Age II. It doesn't compare with Dragon Age: Origins as they're both very different and very similar games but Origins is better in many respects compared to 2. DA2 is still a Good game in my books though.

Also the worst sequel I played, Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days. This game was so disappointing, I knew something was wrong when I got it so damned Dirt cheap, but I bought and played it anyway and was thoroughly disappointed.
    I agree with the Kane and Lynch remark. Damn that game was painful to play.

I can't believe no one has said Lost Planet 2. If you haven't played it and you are thinking of getting it, DON'T. In fact if you see it at the shops, hide it. You might have just saved someone. The first one was awesome. Number 2 is a pile of number 2.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123