Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

infamous save file?

This is a discussion on infamous save file? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; since my father reseted my ps3, no back-ups, i lost all my safe files including my infamous one, as you ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

infamous save file?

since my father reseted my ps3, no back-ups, i lost all my safe files including my infamous one, as you can see on my profile i have all but 2, (collecting all shards, and buying all negative karma upgrades), if i use a save file that has all shards and upgrades, would i get the trophies?

(i had like 7 shards left, and one negative upgrade left)
    69 Games, Average % Game Completion 56.5%
    Updated 27/12/2013

NSFW

Unfortunately, you can't get trophies from save files, that isn't yours. Some games doesn't even allow you to play them.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

The One and Only

Yes. Using a save file that has all data needed for all trophies will unlock all trophies once you play the game. It's one way people receive trophies by using save files they didn't contribute with.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    Unfortunately, you can't get trophies from save files, that isn't yours. Some games doesn't even allow you to play them.
    Really? I always heard about people using save files to earn trophies and such.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Yes. Using a save file that has all data needed for all trophies will unlock all trophies once you play the game. It's one way people receive trophies by using save files they didn't contribute with.
    okay thanks, i will try tomorow, i hope i can get my second plat, but, by cheating 7 shards and a upgrade, its not so bad when ur save has been deleted, right?
    Updated 27/12/2013

Lvl 2 - Bronze

i dont hope so.... but will try it...
    Updated 27/12/2013

Chuck Norris Approved.

Depend's on who you ask, I just need the beat on hard for both infamous plat's, just got pissed with them. I'd not ask for a save file to get them. I understand it's a different deal with us, however it will still be frowned upon by a lot of the ppl here IMO.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Wargazsem View Post
    Depend's on who you ask, I just need the beat on hard for both infamous plat's, just got pissed with them. I'd not ask for a save file to get them. I understand it's a different deal with us, however it will still be frowned upon by a lot of the ppl here IMO.
    defeating game on hard is a pain in the *ss, did so long on the end boss, was worth it, untill my dad reseted my ps3 :'(
    Updated 27/12/2013

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by coolebud View Post
    okay thanks, i will try tomorow, i hope i can get my second plat, but, by cheating 7 shards and a upgrade, its not so bad when ur save has been deleted, right?
    That's up to you to decide. Go ahead and do what you gotta do, but be warned for people who want to call you a cheater.

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Chuck Norris Approved.

defeating game on hard is a pain in the *ss, did so long on the end boss, was worth it, untill my dad reseted my ps3 :'(
    I am not the that great at those game's. I got to the final boss one Infamous 1 and tried for about 2 day's and just said fck it. On another topic, the evil ending on Infamous 2, was one of the best jaw dropping moment's, I've had in a game in a long time.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Wargazsem View Post
    I am not the that great at those game's I got to the final boss one Infamous 1 and tried for about 2 day's and just said fck it.
    i did in half an hour :x
    its easy as evil, then u get max health for free xd
    Updated 27/12/2013

Chuck Norris Approved.

i did in half an hour :x
    its easy as evil, then u get max health for free xd
    I may go back to it one day, can't remember if it was on my old 60gb fatty or the 320gb slim though. There is always a lull for a few month's where nothing really come's out. That's when I normally get game's I've rushed thru back from gamefly, and work on them some more.

PRO Member

Save Game files is highly frowned upon here.

I can understand your pain though because the "same thing" happened to me for inFAMOUS and [Prototype]. My PS3 was stolen during a robbery of our house though. I just sucked it up and played through both games to earn the plats. Fortunately, you only have to meet the requirements for the missing trophies and don't have to do EVERYTHING over again.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Wrong. If you get the save file and load it - the trophies will start to rain one after another. However, most games have copy-protected saves - meaning that even if you download and install it - you won't be able to use it (I've tried on a lot of games). Some games however do allow it - like FUEL.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    That's up to you to decide. Go ahead and do what you gotta do, but be warned for people who want to call you a cheater.
    Actaully it's worse than that. It's against Sony's TOS to use save files to unlock trophies or hack 'em. Just sayin'.

Negator

Only certain games allow you to load save files that aren't yours, and even fewer allow you to earn trophies with said save file.

Either way, I think you should just suck it up and re-do the game.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Actaully it's worse than that. It's against Sony's TOS to use save files to unlock trophies or hack 'em. Just sayin'.
    Oh really? If it violates the TOS he agreed on to even use PSN then it's wrong. Guess I should re-read the TOS so I can reduce the risk of accidentally violating them

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Unless the TOS was recently updated about this. It's not against the TOS/TOA to hack trophies or any of that sort. Last I read it, which was only a few months ago. Trophies wasn't even listed on any of those agreements. But Save data was. And the only thing it mentioned was you could not modify the save data.... Well transferring save data from one account to the other doesn't count as modifying... So going by that, it's the game developers fault for not closing up the save data files to account locked saves.

PRO Member

since my father reseted my ps3, no back-ups, i lost all my safe files including my infamous one, as you can see on my profile i have all but 2, (collecting all shards, and buying all negative karma upgrades), if i use a save file that has all shards and upgrades, would i get the trophies?

(i had like 7 shards left, and one negative upgrade left)
    The last few blast shards were the most challenging to find.... if you use a save file to get a trophy then you're just as bad as a hacker imo. Play the game on easy mode and just do it fast, it won't take you long.

Sig by Smashguy

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Unless the TOS was recently updated about this. It's not against the TOS/TOA to hack trophies or any of that sort. Last I read it, which was only a few months ago. Trophies wasn't even listed on any of those agreements. But Save data was. And the only thing it mentioned was you could not modify the save data.... Well transferring save data from one account to the other doesn't count as modifying... So going by that, it's the game developers fault for not closing up the save data files to account locked saves.
    I'm not sure exactly what it did say, but I do think that it said something silimar to not allowing you to gain trophies or extra "acclodes" from save files and hacking them.

But anyway re-doing inFamous isn't a big deal. I had to re-do FF13 and Heavy Rain when my data got deleted, and using another save file never even occured to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast