PS3 Trophy Accumulation

This is a discussion on PS3 Trophy Accumulation within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey all, I'm somewhat new to the whole "gaining trophies" craze as I only got a ps3 a few months ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

PS3 Trophy Accumulation

Hey all, I'm somewhat new to the whole "gaining trophies" craze as I only got a ps3 a few months ago. I've got two questions actually, the first one is, on some people's trophy I see certain games that you can only get about 10-20 trophies for and usually don't offer a platinum trophy. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, are these games only exclusive to playstation plus users or what? They don't seem to be very big games at all, sort of like little mini-games that you can still get trophies for.
    My second question is more of an opinionated one but to whoever is reading this, do you have any suggestions for games to play that don't require a lot of time to get the plat trophy but are still fun and have a good story line? I'm trying to amass as many trophies (both regular and plat) as I can in a good period of time while also having fun playing the games that I get them from. The reason being is that my trophy card is a bit whimpy and I'm trying to build it up a little. The only games that I don't like to play are sports games so any rpg's, shooters, racing, etc would be great suggestions. Thanks to everyone!!
    P.S.- the less expensive the better!!

{Avatar created by: kid420247}
    {Signature created by: kid420247}

DON'T BLINK

Borderlands. Was my first plat and loved every second of it.

The One and Only

First question: Those are PSN games, and most (if not all) you can buy without the use of Playstation Plus. Just have around $5-15 to spend to buy it, and some are free for PS+ users. Some PSN games like Minis don't have trophies, but you can identify easily whether or not they are Minis.

Second question: inFamous: Festival of Blood is a great game to get that's $10. Maybe you need to play inFamous 1 or 2 to understand the story a bit better or better understand the min characters, but it's a great PSN game that's an easy 100% and can be obtained in a few hours at least.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

By looking at your trophy list you could finish up both GOW games with not much time.

A list of fun but quick plats in my opinion.

Uncharted 1,2,3
    Dante's inferno
    Captain America
    Killzone 3
    Infamous 1 and 2. 1 will take slightly longer.

This would be a decent start.

To answer your other question. Most of the games that are released to Plastation store only don't have a plat trophy. Some do though like Trine 1 and 2, Spare Parts, Hardboiled Chicken to name a few.

Hope I have helped. Have fun trophy hunting.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Kid, not loser

Play the Uncharted series, inFamous series, GOW series, get collections of hd remakes like the Sly collection for easy plats.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Answering your first question, the games you are seeing are PSN games, games that you can buy on the playstation store for around $5-$15 and most do not have paltinums and are mostly smaller games, no you don't have to have playstation plus to get games on the playstation store, playstation plus gives out free stuff and discounts on the playstation store and sometimes gives out games early to plus subscribers.

In response to your second question some good games could be heavy rain, the uncharted series, borderlands, the god of war series,and the sly collection are all good ones that you could start with

Lvl 6 - Silver

check out Bioshock - an awesome story, the game visually is stunning, and the plat isn't too terribly difficult. You'll have to beat it on the hardest difficulty, but there are enough how-to articles on here in the forums to help you, and you can always youtube a walkthrough for survivor difficulty for the harder parts.

Buy my book, Alteration

The Slys are fun and easy plats, while inFAMOUS:Festival of Blood is an easy 100%, like the Sly Minigames.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

The Last of Us

Borderlands was also my first platinum, I also recommend Fallout 3 GOTY edition and Fallout: New Vegas.
    The plats for both Fallout games are easy if not slightly time consuming. You can also play the game on the easiest difficulty and still get every trophy.
    I just recently got the plat for Skyrim too which I'm sure you've heard of. Also a rather easy one.
    I'm a big fan of Bethesda games if you couldn't tell.

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Ah well thank you to everyone who posted a reply (of course more replies are always welcome), I'll have to beat those god of wars and try out the sly's first and pick up from there. But for the Festival of Blood, I thought that was just an expansion pack for inFamous or inFamous 2 although everyone makes it sound like it's a separate game itself =o correct me if I am wrong though.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Good choice. The GOW games were superb overall too, the only difficulty in platinum being the challenge mode. Sly is super easy though. I got the plat for sly 1 in 1 day without any walkthroughs or anything. Plus you can get all three for like $40 on one disc.

Crocodile Hunter

it is an expansion pretty much but its big enough to make you feel like its kinda on its own

Sig by Apokolypz

PRO Member

The 100% games are psn games you can buy from the PS Store, they don't have platinums although some psn games do like Trine and you can get a few with some games you buy on disc.... like Sly collection, you get a mini game that has no platinum and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue is 100% with no platinum too.

You have some quick plats right now, Star Wars TFU 2 and the GoW games... you can also get the other new GoW games, they are pretty quick plats! Also Sega Meag Drive Collection is a fast plat.

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 6 - Silver

Seems like you gotten some satisfactory answers to both questions but I'd like to offer you some other suggestions on games, based on the ones I've played:

TERMINATOR : Salvation - This platinum seems to be in everyones trophy case because it's so damn easy and you get something like 12 gold trophies for every chapter you complete, which, in addition to the difficulty trophy, is all you need for platinum. The game itself is a low-end game, IMHO, but it's fairly short and certainly a decent play for one time through.

DANTE'S INFERNO - Basically a God Of War rip-off but still pretty fun and you can get all the tophies on the lowest difficulty setting. A very easy platinum!

CRYSIS - You can get this for $20 on the PSN and it's a fun and relatively easy platinum. There are some spots that can be a little difficult, but overall it's no more difficult than any other shooter out there.

DARKSIDERS - Cool graphics and yet another fairly easy hack n' slash platinum. Plenty to do in the game and you should be able to pick it up fairly cheap these days.

RESISTANCE 3 - This was a ridiculously easy platinum and fun too. There are a few spots on the hardest difficulty trophy that can be a pain, but no more so than any other shooter. Plus, there's no online trophies in this one. If you have 2 controllers you can do this one all by yourself.

X-MEN ORIGINS : Wolverine - The game is super-inexpensie, a very easy plat and a hell of a lot of fun. Brutally bloody too. LOL

inFAMOUS 1 & 2 - Can't go wrong with either of these games. #1 is a little bit of a grind looking for the collectibles but otherwise not hard and wild fun.

TOMB RAIDER : Underworld - Very easy pltinum, inexpesive and a good bit of fun too.

Other games I'd reccommend to you that are a little more difficult (but by no means tough or impossible) but that are just insane amounts of fun and you'll enjoy every scond of getting the platinum are :

BIOSHOCK 1 (I'd say #2 as well but not sure how many people are still playing the online and you need some trophies there for platinum) - Absolutely, unquestionably a MUST-PLAY. Easily one of the best narratives in videogames ever and just a ridiculously fun game. It's so addicting to play it's like a drug!

RESIDENT EVIL 5 - A lot of fun and a bit of a different approach to the TPS genre.

DEAD SPACE 1 - Can be a bit tricky in spots but it's just an amazing game and will creep the hell out of you!

CASTLEVANIA : Lords of Shadow - Similar to, yet a little more difficult than a God Of War title, but if you can plat a GOW title, you can plat this.

If you're up for a chalenge though, one of the most fun games you could play would be BATMAN : Arkham City. It's a bit of a tough plat, but the wealth of content on the disc is insane and the game is unbelievably fun

Anyway, hope you get some help out of this list. I genuinely think you'd enjoy these games!

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Lvl 4 - Silver

First question - Some games on PSN have about 20 trophies. Some are worth it and some aren't.

Second question - I've gotten 100%/Platinum in all my games so far and they didn't take that long.
    SVR 2010 - WWE '12
    Black Ops, MW2, MW3, WAW

Signature And Avatar Made By DjungList!
    Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Platinum #10

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Ah well ty to everyone else who posted replies =) and if anyone has any other games to contribute, I'm keeping a list of all these games so hopefully the list gets bigger. And these games don't necessarily have to be all that short, just hopefully nothing more than 80+ hours would be fine but at the same time shorter games are also much appreciated =)

Lvl 7 - Gold

for the first questions those are psn games and they dont have platinums.

for the secodn question there alor of easy one example Sly trilogy is very easy so is God of War collection (1 and 2)

Local Drunk

Heavy Rain, brilliant story and fairly easy plat. Infamous series, Sly Trilogy and Uncharted series. Fallout 3 is pretty long but it's worth it and the story is really cool.