Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Proudest Accomplishments/Trophies For your age?

This is a discussion on Proudest Accomplishments/Trophies For your age? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by grimydawg And before you make your crazy assumptions, there was a period in which I didn't game ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    And before you make your crazy assumptions, there was a period in which I didn't game for five years because of school, deployments, etc. So it naturally took me a while to get back those 'skills.'
    That's so hardcore, five years? started gaming when I was four, so I have no idea what's that's like

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

дурак

No offense, but comments like this shows your ignorance. Just because of your age though Age has nothing to do about whether you can do something in a video game. In fact, your whole OP is just borderline retarded. I'm willing to bet most folks who on games such as Ninja Gaiden are around your age, the 16-21 range or so. Folks who are 35 with games likely have families or jobs that will cut their gaming time. So trophies, especially are likely gonna be the last thing or their minds.

The aforementioned trophies aren't all that hard. All they take is the right strategy and a little bit of patience and you'll get the trophy. They don't really take that much skill or precision to do moves. Even trophies like doing all combos in a fighting game aren't that hard because they're easier now. Games nowadays even tell you how to play or give you clues if you too dumb to figure out how to move to the next point.

At times you can make threads that are actually useful and at other times you sound stupid. KR: C'mon Man!

Did it hurt all those time you fell of your high horse?
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Trophy Guide Grand Master

OOOH!!! OOOHH!! The Hoff wants to play...

At the Age of 16 I played QB for my HS football team and had already had sex with 10 hotties including the 32 year old neighbor up the street....I had a good job and had still managed to find time for gaming which included having finished all the major games that now have sequels for them...shame FFIII on the Super NES didnt have a platinum....I would have listed my gaming accomplishments but apparently they are less impressive if you are in your 30s and have achieved them and I wasn't a hardcore gamer when I was in my HS days...I was more into taggin as much pelt as I could.....you fellas need to get out and tap some ass instead of gaming all day

Change is mediocre

Christ.

I am 13 and I have:

Bought over 40 M Rated games

Platted Fallout 3...?

Had the patience to collect all the feathers in Ass Creed 2

Had the courage to say Fuck Off to Ass Creed Brotherhood's feathers and flags

Played Rock Band's endless setlist

I really have nothing to be proud of imo XD

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    OOOH!!! OOOHH!! The Hoff wants to play...

At the Age of 16 I played QB for my HS football team and had already had sex with 10 hotties including the 32 year old neighbor up the street....I had a good job and had still managed to find time for gaming which included having finished all the major games that now have sequels for them...shame FFIII on the Super NES didnt have a platinum....I would have listed my gaming accomplishments but apparently they are less impressive if you are in your 30s and have achieved them and I wasn't a hardcore gamer when I was in my HS days...I was more into taggin as much pelt as I could.....you fellas need to get out and tap some ass instead of gaming all day

hahaha well said davey,i was the same,but now iam 25 with 5 kids so now i just game manily at night when all the kids r asleep lol but the ninja gaiden sigma 2 plat still pushed me 4 everything i had

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

No offense, but comments like this shows your ignorance. Just because of your age though Age has nothing to do about whether you can do something in a video game. In fact, your whole OP is just borderline retarded. I'm willing to bet most folks who on games such as Ninja Gaiden are around your age, the 16-21 range or so. Folks who are 35 with games likely have families or jobs that will cut their gaming time. So trophies, especially are likely gonna be the last thing or their minds.

The aforementioned trophies aren't all that hard. All they take is the right strategy and a little bit of patience and you'll get the trophy. They don't really take that much skill or precision to do moves. Even trophies like doing all combos in a fighting game aren't that hard because they're easier now. Games nowadays even tell you how to play or give you clues if you too dumb to figure out how to move to the next point.
    This isn't meant for another oppotunity for you to boast. If you want to call my topic and idea "retarded" then don't post in it. Simple as that. It doesn't have anything to do with you.
    And I seriously don't think that most people who platinum NGS2 are around 16 years old. More like late 20s or 30, but not whilst their still in high school. Either way that's not the point is it? Your point is that games nowdays are nothing compared to what you played decades ago and therefore I'm a n00b and my opinion of difficultly and skill is obviously inferior to yours and not worth the trouble.

If you want to irritate me or belittle my or others' achievements then don't post here. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    Did it hurt all those time you fell of your high horse?
    That high horse is two guys in a horse suit.

You weak azz niggs

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    This isn't meant for another oppotunity for you to boast. If you want to call my topic and idea "retarded" then don't post in it. Simple as that. It doesn't have anything to do with you.
    And I seriously don't think that most people who platinum NGS2 are around 16 years old. More like late 20s or 30, but not whilst their still in high school. Either way that's not the point is it? Your point is that games nowdays are nothing compared to what you played decades ago and therefore I'm a n00b and my opinion of difficultly and skill is obviously inferior to yours and not worth the trouble.

If you want to irritate me or belittle my or others' achievements then don't post here. Simple as that.
    1.) Says the one that is an 'expert' because he's gotten a , the one that's literally made a thread about crying over a trophy as if it's the most grueling experience a person has gone through in his/her entire life. Give me a break

2.) The vast majority of videos walkthroughs on Youtube for games of that nature, or for any game for that matter, are in your age group, not mine.

3.) No, my point was older games are harder and would make most of today's games look like child's play. So if you think your aforementioned trophies are so hard, play the older ones and you'd think otherwise. I'll let you think what you want though.

4.) There's only one person that I would do that that's posted so far... He knows why.
    Last edited by Compalicious; 01-02-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Lvl 7 - Gold

How old were you?
    I believe I was 7 or 8, I forgot. It was a long time ago. Doom will be 27 tomorrow.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Administrator

Please stop all condescending discussion.

Please keep the topic based on the question asked in the original post.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Games today are so much easier than they were in the days of the NES, SNES and Genesis so this is a little uneven to compare for us older gamers, especially because everyone can look things up online now. I've been playing games forever (I'm 28) and played back when video games were "for dorks" and kids made fun of you for playing them (Yes kids, that happened. Thank GoldenEye multiplayer for changing that perception forever)

Anyway, my most proud accomplishment as a younger kid was beating Resident Evil from start to finish in 1 hour 40 minutes when I was 16. Never took a wrong turn, never had to run back to an item box, never even ran into a wall. It was an absolutely flawless run and anyone that played those early RE games knew how the controls were. If anyone came close to or beat that time I'd love to know.
    Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!

Chuck Norris Approved.

With work picking up, been married 12 year's will be 13 in march. Also wife doesn't get gaming. So after I do my "honeydew" list and get some free time. Nothing I enjoy more then going to my man cave and gaming, any trophy any game.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Um, I'm sorry but a few posts back it sure looked like you were belittling the achievements of Jack-_-Krauser__?

Belittle does mean "Make (someone or something) seem unimportant" right?

anyway, for me, it's probably getting the MAG plat at 16? I don't know, I just play games for the fun of it

Retired

I actually agree with grimydawg, age makes no difference at all. An 8 year old can platinum WipEout.

PRO Member

mirror's edge platinum.
    demon's souls platinum.
    and I finished Battletoads, on the NES, no cheap ROM save state, while I was at work two years ago.
    these were the days.

Lvl 8 - Gold

At age 19

- Earned the platinum for Bioshock within 3 days. (3 days, 11 hours and 12 minutes)
    - Earned the platinum for Dead Space within 3 days. (3 days, 7 hours and 29 minutes)
    - Beat Dead Space 2 on Hardcore

At age 20

- Earned 100% on Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (only 1,469 out of 54,597 people have 100%)
    - Earned 100% on Battlefield 3 (only 409 out of 46,391 people have 100%)

I'm sure there are more, but I don't remember.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

You make the weirdest threads Kerwan.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Venias View Post
    You make the weirdest threads Kerwan.
    you should have seen his threads before the site reset lol

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by GUUUUU2099 View Post
    and I finished Battletoads, on the NES, no cheap ROM save state, while I was at work two years ago.
    these were the days.
    congrats on the battletoads win. ive heard alot of of things about that game regarding its difficulty

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Gotham's Reckoning

Platted Mirrors Edge when I was 17.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by undrey View Post
    I actually agree with grimydawg, age makes no difference at all. An 8 year old can platinum WipEout.
    C'mon, you can do better than that! You can say anything like that, for example; A mentally deficient kid can calculate how long it takes for the stone to hit the ground if it's dropped from 10000 meters, wind 5 meters/s, the stone weighs 5 grams with the premise that when the stone is at 8543 meters above the ground, it will hit an airplane bounce 5 meters up and start falling again.
    or an easier one
    I can have sex with Scarlet Johanssen.

My point is sure an eight year old kid can plat wipeout, but that would be bloody impressive since at the age of eight your brain ain't fully developed, which results in it's harder to play games, especially hard ones. But I guess around 15-17 it stops and it's equally impressive if you platnium something at the age of 17 or the age of 45

The thing with this topic is that it's obvious Kerwan was proud of his platniums and proud of getting them at an younger age than most people that have them, that's my theory why he made the topic. It's more common for people of an older age to trophy hunt. The challenge is the same for all ages ofc, it's just more uncommon for people of an younger age. It's more uncommon for young people to trophy hunt because you need discipline to trophy hunt or something like that.

Sounds logical doesn't it? huh... just emptied my brain in 5 minutes.

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast