Grand Theft Auto 4 isn't as good as I remember...

This is a discussion on Grand Theft Auto 4 isn't as good as I remember... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So I tried to go back to this game the other day for the trophies I was missing (lots of ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Grand Theft Auto 4 isn't as good as I remember...

So I tried to go back to this game the other day for the trophies I was missing (lots of them, though mostly the story ones and online ones) and had a ridiculously hard time trying to get back into it. I found it so clunky, the controls and general mechanics of the game are awful. The first time I played this game I absolutely loved it, and could hardly fault it. However, since going back to playing it I have had an impossible time with it and even gave up on it.

Seriously, have you guys tried to play this game recently? It just doesn't hold up. Whether this is because of games such as Batman Arkham City and Asylum being so controllable and having the buttons do what you expect them to do, or whether the game just isn't programmed that well in terms of mechanics and controls. That and I found Niko to be a prick this time around.

I dunno, but having , and to fight seems totally misplaced button configurations, to brake a car? And stuff like playing pool and bowling, using the right stick is just wrong. Pool is also one of the worst games I have ever played.

Who knows, maybe it's just me, but maybe it's the fact that much better games have been released since. Hopefully one day I'll get back into it before the servers get taken down...
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The most annoying thing to me is the constant phone calls to take your cousin bowling.

Click-Click-Kaboom

I had it for the 360 and then I got it for the PS3 when I got it. It just want as fun as I remembered it to be. I agree with HugeGremlins with all the calls from his cousin got old real fast.

PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il

Lvl 3 - Bronze

"Hey Niko! Come take your cousin bowling!?"

Rest of the game is really fun though, Euphoria makes all the combat really unique and the driving physics are fun, I wish they had made Saint's Row using the GTA4 engine.

Local Drunk

I still like it, was playing it the other day. Although I hate the phone calls asking to go bowling.

An old-fashioned cowboy

I have to agree that the controls do feel kinda clunky when compared to other game from recent years. Though it's still a great game. I hope that for the next GTA game the controls feel smoother.

Lvl 6 - Silver

what did you expect it came out in 08

Closing this account

if my disc didnt break, i would be playing it now

PRO Member

It's probably just as good as it was before, just new technology has come around meaning better games can be made than before making what was once a good game seem not as good, but it's the same game you liked before....

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The only part of GTA IV that shows its age is the online portion. That's where the game really feels like a relic and is far behind the times. Unfortunately that's the only part of the game standing between me and my 100% Platinum.

I'm at the Wanted phase in online GTA, where all I have left to do is get to $5 million. Unfortunately it quickly becomes tedious and boring having to play Hangman's NOOSE 1200 times just to get there.

Lvl 6 - Silver

You gotta cut the game so slack lol its been a few years...its not like itll keep updating itself to keep up with the times. Besides its still not that bad. Keep playin for a bit n ull get back to having the hang of it

Lvl 9 - Gold

Just cuz you mentioned it, I poped my GTA IV complete collection to see if it still sucs at hard. I was wrong, it suced even more than I remembered.

Everything except driving a car onto somebody is tedious and boring.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 1 - Bronze

if u are going for online trophies - THEY ARE GLITHED. at least when i got mine long time ago. that one when u have to play co-op and fly the heli to a boat. its redikilous. the server would just end the game for no reason. oh and i cant forget all that time i spent getting to lvl 50. dont know about now, maybe they finally fixed it all. good luck!