What Is The Best Ps3 Capture Card

This is a discussion on What Is The Best Ps3 Capture Card within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Im Planning On Recording Some Videos And I Want To Know What Is The Best Ps3 HD Capture Card...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

What Is The Best Ps3 Capture Card

Im Planning On Recording Some Videos And I Want To Know What Is The Best Ps3 HD Capture Card

Death is Awaiting....

HD PVR is definitely the best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Schism View Post
    HD PVR is definitely the best.
    No it isn't.

The best option is the Blackmagic Intensity Pro. It costs around the same amount as a HD PVR, but records in better detail and it can stream gameplay in real time (the HD PVR has a 2-3 second delay while streaming).

Blackmagic Intensity Pro - Video input adapter - PCI Express x1 - Plug-in card

Proud Greek Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidFox View Post
    No it isn't.

The best option is the Blackmagic Intensity Pro. It costs around the same amount as a HD PVR, but records in better detail and it can stream gameplay in real time (the HD PVR has a 2-3 second delay while streaming).

What he said ^^ Best one around.

Signature and Avatar made by the awesome TheGeneral09

PRO Member

No it isn't.

lol, I always thought it was the Hauppauge HD PVR, because I never knew that you could insert these cards into the ps3 sorry acutally you have 2 insert the card into your PC and have your PC on while you're recroding, sorry, my mistake, I thought you could only do that on PC so I always bypassed cards that you had to insert into a PC when searching for a PS3 recording device as I'm not very good at it, anyway I don't even know how to insert that card into the PC, so if you don't want to do something ( I assume) is too technical then get the Hauppauge HD PVR, but if you know how to put in the card then you should do that, I'm sure there are some tutorials on youtube anyway
    EDIT : Google shopping is the best, good choice
    Last edited by kc1598; 01-03-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Lvl 7 - Gold

Black Magic Intensity Pro - Has better Quality than HD PVR, more crisp.
    Hauppauge HD PVR - Has HD Quality and has HD Audio Quality, a smidge less crisp than the Black Magic Intensity Pro.

My vote is HD PVR. They just came out with a gaming version of it too. It's called the "Hauppauge HD PVR Gaming Edition."
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Administrator

Haupaugge HD PVR or a Dazzle :p

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Breakpoint View Post
    Haupaugge HD PVR or a Dazzle :p
    The dazzle sucks..
    ----------------
    If you have the money, get the HD PVR. It's like $200 bucks and if you're willing to shell out so much cash get that. But since you're barely starting I'd recommend getting the Roxio Game Cap. It only records in 480p but it still allows you to play in 1080p. It's great for beginners because it's easy to setup and it's not too expensive. You get free editing software that's also easy to use.

It's $100 dollars, normally, but with machinima you get a $30 dollar discount plus another $10 dollars off buy using a special code. Shipping is free if you live in the US. So I'd strongly recommend that if you're starting off. Here's the link: Roxio Game Capture. When you buy it use this code: ROXIOSTORE15. That's another $10 bucks off. So you'll pay $60 dollars insted of shelling out $200 for the HD PVR. Again, if you have the money for an HD PVR, get it. If not, just get this to start off.

I'll leave you with some reviews:

Toggle Spoiler

I hoped this helped.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Thanks For All The Replies

Toggle Spoiler

Thanks You D1mech For My Epic Sig And Bladia For My Epic Avatar

Retired TGT Member

No it isn't.

I love my HD PVR. Haven't tried the Blackmagic.

I will say there is no benefit at all to having an instant stream rather than a 2 second delay.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have a question folks, Is it possible to play ps3 on the laptop using a video capture card and if so do you have any recommendations?

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
    I have a question folks, Is it possible to play ps3 on the laptop using a video capture card and if so do you have any recommendations?
    Well what I do is I use my Hauppauge HD PVR. It duplicates the video/audio signal and sends it first to my TV in real time, then to my laptop with a tiny lag. So I can play in real time on my tv and record on my computer. This isn't really a capture card though, it's a standalone hardware device. Can't beat it though.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    I will say there is no benefit at all to having an instant stream rather than a 2 second delay.
    There is a benefit if you ever get into live streaming though. Depends on what you want to do really.

Retired TGT Member

There is a benefit if you ever get into live streaming though. Depends on what you want to do really.
    really. That makes sense. Look at me, learning stuff all the time