Game Genie Will Appear at CES 2012, Made for PS3 and PSP, Also the Wii and the DS/3DS

This is a discussion on Game Genie Will Appear at CES 2012, Made for PS3 and PSP, Also the Wii and the DS/3DS within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Game Genie Will Magically Reappear at CES | SPIKE The most famous cheating device in video game history will make ...

INTJ

Game Genie Will Appear at CES 2012, Made for PS3 and PSP, Also the Wii and the DS/3DS

Game Genie Will Magically Reappear at CES | SPIKE

The most famous cheating device in video game history will make its triumphant return to the masses at this year's Consumer Electronics Show.

Hyperkin announced it will resurrect the long lost "Game Genie" as part of its lineup of video game accessories at the annual Las Vegas confab.

The game cheating cartridge first made famous in the 1990s by Galoob for the original Nintendo Entertainment System will work on the Playstation 3 and Playstation Portable. A downloadable version will also be available for the Nintendo Wii and the Nintendo DS.

It not only will allow players to earn extra lives and unlimited ammo but will also be available as a "Save Guru" that can apply ridiculous cheats to games and allow for multiple save throughout several games.

With all the new electronics and gadgets CES 2012 in Las Vegas is going to be absolutely phenomenal. Best part? As the official broadcaster of the entire event, SPIKE is going to give viewers at home an All Access pass to see what goes behind the closed doors of CES 2012: exclusives, celebrities, special guests, and surprises that you won't find anywhere else - and it all starts on January 10.

fuck yea game genie.

i love those things.

Lvl 6 - Silver

about bloody time, game genie/action replays have always been amazing tools, certain codes that hack the game can increase the fun 10 fold, i remember some of the codes for GTA San Andreas with the ARMAX, so much fun lol

might be a bad thing for trophy hunters though, people will just cheat their way to trophies.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog View Post
    about bloody time, game genie/action replays have always been amazing tools, certain codes that hack the game can increase the fun 10 fold, i remember some of the codes for GTA San Andreas with the ARMAX, so much fun lol

might be a bad thing for trophy hunters though, people will just cheat their way to trophies.

Action replay was the greatest tool of all time

so was codebreaker

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Action replay was the greatest tool of all time

so was codebreaker
    codebreaker/gameshark/xplorer/xploder/action replay/game genie/equalizer, all do the same thing and were always so fun, they were especially handy for the WWE games cos they could hack the game and make all the NPCs playable

INTJ

The fun part was getting the codes online that makes the whole game go insane.

or jamming random letters/numbers to see what happens

i still have my codebreaker ps2 disc.

oh by the way, to people who have a 3DS and stuff, here's the game genie for it, it's already for sale apparently (But judging by the reseller only part, you arn't going to get much luck buying one copy):

http://hyperkin.com/index.php/game-g...-lite-ds.html/

Trophy Huntin'

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog View Post
    Exactly what i was about to say, however i think that the developers may make it so a trophy can't be achieved with the game genie, such as they do with in game cheats. It would suck pretty hard though if they didn't. It would pretty much ruin trophy hunting.

Anyways, I once had a game genie for my sega genesis. I could never get that thing to work for some reason or another... Probably because I was a dumbass 8 year old at the time who couldn't even beat half the games that I had because they were too complex.I've always been a much bigger fan of the gameshark, though. i've always been able to get that thing to do what i wanted it to on the ps1.

Looking for some new games? Check out the Trading post for some great deals!
    Latest Platinum: Batman: The Order 1886

Working On: PS4: Star Wars Battlefront and Rocket League
    PS3: Dishonored and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
    Vita: Rainbow Moon and Hotline Miami 2

Kiwi Defender

I might get this just for fun. I remember having a blast with the PS1's Gameshark.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Prayer Warrior

i'm sure (well if sony is smart anyway) that they will disable trophy support on games that have the genie activated.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

PRO Member

Awesome, I'll be picking one up. I'll have to play on my alt account as it will probably disable trophies.

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Platmate Ass Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I might get this just for fun. I remember having a blast with the PS1's Gameshark.
    Yeah I remember the Gameshark as well, good times good times

"The artist has a duty to seduce the ear and delight the spirit"
    You can't spell sarcasm without RC

Did you .... ( _) ( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) put on sunglasses?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Finally!!

Can't wait. I miss Game Genie so much. I'm pretty sure they'll set this up to disable trophies but what would be great is if it's similar to Grand Theft Auto IV. For example, you activate extra lives/extra health/extra ammo/etc. cheats, save, then reload your file and trophies are available again. Sure, it'd make trophy hunting easier but that still wouldn't hand trophies on a silver platter.