Splinter Cell

This is a discussion on Splinter Cell within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; What do you think of the Splinter Cell games? Play all top strategy games and zombie online game for free....

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Splinter Cell

What do you think of the Splinter Cell games?

Play all top strategy games and zombie online game for free.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I've played Double Agent and Chaos Theory. Both were great in my opinion. I plan on getting the Trilogy in a month or so. The Splinter Cell Trilogy would have been better if it had Double Agent in it but that's alright

Signature And Avatar Made By DjungList!
    Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Platinum #10

Lvl 7 - Gold

i have the trilogy and i like that i am playing them again, as i like alot these kind of games with stealth

Irish Rover

I love these games, platted the first 2,will start the last one soon

PRO Member

I'm playing the trilogy at the moment, they're really good and I loved playing these games on the PS2. I recommend them to anyone who loves stealth and thriller. Also, this applies to few (me being one of them) but they added invert Y axis support .

Quote Originally Posted by TheExiledMarine View Post
    The Splinter Cell Trilogy would have been better if it had Double Agent in it but that's alright
    Why would it? Double Agent is already HD, hence not being in the HD Remaster Trilogy.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Nope, nothing

I really enjoy the games and think they are a must have/play for anyone who likes to stealth.

Oh and the original poster looks like a spambot to me

Lvl 9 - Gold

I played all 4 PS2 Splinter Cell games back in the day, and really enjoyed them. I've platted the first 2 games, and should be starting the third one fairly soon. I enjoyed them just as much as when I first played them, even despite the first game's flaws. Chaos Theory was my favourite game in the series, and I don't doubt I'll have a lot of fun playing it again this time round, and once I've finished it, I'll replay Double Agent as well.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Kylo View Post
    I'm playing the trilogy at the moment, they're really good and I loved playing these games on the PS2. I recommend them to anyone who loves stealth and thriller. Also, this applies to few (me being one of them) but they added invert Y axis support .

Why would it? Double Agent is already HD, hence not being in the HD Remaster Trilogy.
    It's changed up from the PS2 version so

Lvl 7 - Gold

Can anybody in this thread please tell me if these are really good? I mean don't just say it because you like it, but can anybody answer these questions I have real quick?

Is there a heavy storyline, meaning will I be attached to the characters, do they have a motive, is there a good plot?
    The trilogy comes with Splinter Cell 1, 2, & 3, correct?
    Does this rely on stealth a lot? I love Assassin's Creed because I take it as a stealth game, I make sure I'm not seen, and make sure to get stealthy kills and get out of there with nobody knowing it was me.

Hopefully these are answered because then we can have another player come aboard this franchise.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheExiledMarine View Post
    It's changed up from the PS2 version so
    It's already on PS3.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Kylo View Post
    It's already on PS3.
    I realize that but it would have been better if it had trophies on it. I never played the PS3 version. I had no idea there was one until recently.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by iToxicityHD View Post
    Can anybody in this thread please tell me if these are really good? I mean don't just say it because you like it, but can anybody answer these questions I have real quick?

Is there a heavy storyline, meaning will I be attached to the characters, do they have a motive, is there a good plot?
    Does this rely on stealth a lot? I love Assassin's Creed because I take it as a stealth game, I make sure I'm not seen, and make sure to get stealthy kills and get out of there with nobody knowing it was me.

Hopefully these are answered because then we can have another player come aboard this franchise.
    Ive only ever played the first one but from that I can say:

The storyline wasn't that heavy I didn't think but other people might say otherwise so can't really comment there.
    I know the trilogy is the first three games
    and it is probably the most stealthy game I know. If you raise the alarm you fail the mission and you get a load of stealth tools to use.

That's just from what I remember, I did really enjoy it and I am thinking of getting the trilogy myself

Change is mediocre

I honestly don't like them, and regret buying the collection.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    I honestly don't like them, and regret buying the collection.
    Can you elaborate a bit more on why?

PRO Member

In the first game, the storyline sets you up and is informative in the group (Third Echelon) that you're apart of and crucial characters, (Sam Fisher (Protagonist) and Lambert). I would say as a whole series, the storyline is heavy and that you may become attached to characters, and motives can quickly change as key plot points occur. The background story changes and you really learn how a hard character such as Sam has love for his daughter (Mentions of her throughout the whole series).

Yes.

The game really does rely on stealth, and heavily at that. The games don't give you a choice between stealth and all out action, like Deus Ex does. The game mostly makes you rely on stealth heavily because you aren't outfitted with a lot of weapons and/or ammo (A pistol and a rifle, with maybe 80 bullets all together) and finding ammo isn't common. I wouldn't compare this game to Assassin's Creed though as you pretty much have to play stealthily. It's also your typical PS2 game, in that it doesn't sugar-coat the game making it really easy (No map, no objective markers, no health regeneration).

Lvl 7 - Gold

Sounds like my kind of game, and Kylo, you used the layout I like, taking one of my questions and taking it apart from the others. Easier to read, thank you I guess I will be going to Gamestop tomorrow.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I still have the first 3 sold seperately back then and i loved them, i would love to get them but i don't have the money atm, besides i got them on ps2 so yea lol

Change is mediocre

Can you elaborate a bit more on why?
    To sum it up, it is very repetitive. Having to sneak by people trying not to trip alarms every mission gets boring. The games are also pretty difficult (imo) and I have had to look up a walkthrough for each level because something wouldn't be clear to me as to what I needed to do.

I honestly have gotten more rage than enjoyment out of the 1st and 2nd game (haven't played the 3rd).

Administrator

I haven't played them on PS3, but they are pretty fun and unique enough that they are something different and enjoyable