The Saboteur

This is a discussion on The Saboteur within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Does anyone else find that this game was a lot of fun and why it's one of those games you ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The Saboteur

Does anyone else find that this game was a lot of fun and why it's one of those games you never really hear of unless one of your friends has it or has played it and then when you play it it's like "Why have I never heard of this awesome game?!?!?!" =P I mean the story line is just great, definitely gives that positive "lets kick nazi butt" type feel and with all the perks you can get (some more challenging than others) and the vast array of weapons also, this game definitely packs a punch. And then its very similar to other games in the "collectibles" I guess you could call them but completely different at the same time because instead of collecting them you have to destroy them whether it be a patrol tower, search light, or even a tank. This is a game that I recommend to anyone and everyone because it's all around fun and challenging due to also having to sneak around during a great portion of the game. So I just thought I would see how many people have played it and share the same sentiments as me and to anyone who has not played it, why are you still sitting there? Go and buy it so you play it =P

{Avatar created by: kid420247}
    {Signature created by: kid420247}

Plats-O'-War!!

I have to agree. The Saboteur is one of the most underrated games out here. And, by it being so cheap now, I don't see a reason not to pick it up.

PRO Member

It definitely was a lot of fun. I to would recommend it to whoever hasn't played it.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Lvl 1 - Bronze

where the wind comes sweeping down the plains

I agree with your statements. When it first was announced and came out, I thought, "great, another WWII game." I honestly had no desire to play the game. To be completely honest, I stumbled upon a post somewhere saying that it was a fun game and an easily achievable . So, I though that if I could find it at a reasonable price, I might pick it up. I did find it for really cheap and bought it. I had other games to play and it sat on my shelf for a year. When I finally started playing it, I was very surprised at how fun it was and I wished I had played it sooner. It was a great game and an easy . I really enjoyed how it never took itself too seriously and the diversity of the gameplay. I especially liked the racing sequence toward the beginning when the planes were flying over. It was very cinematic without using over the top cutscenes.

On the edge

It is an amazing game that I picked up when it released and glad I did. The only thing that I didn't care for was the 15,000 things that you had to blow up for that last trophy. lol

It is really nice though when you got the dlc for the "uncensored" version.

Nope, nothing

Yeah I stumbled across the game by accident and just decided to try it out, definitely one of my favourite sandbox games to date.

It's something different to the freeroaming games and blends a few aspects of other great titles, I will be buying this game soon as I only rented it. I want to get the platinum

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The Saboteur was my first plat, so it holds a very special place in my heart.....I loved this game too, and have recommended it to anyone and everyone that I talk to about video games. I was really hoping for a sequel, but I'm pretty sure the developer is out of business.....

Vive La Révelation!

I haven't beat this game yet, but what I have played of it I really do enjoy it! maybe I should go for the plat...
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoldDome13 View Post
    The Saboteur was my first plat, so it holds a very special place in my heart.....I loved this game too, and have recommended it to anyone and everyone that I talk to about video games. I was really hoping for a sequel, but I'm pretty sure the developer is out of business.....
    Yeah they did shut down Pandemic studios. Was kinda hoping for a sequal myself.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Legalize it...

Sucks to hear they went out of business. I loved this game, it was my first plat too...

Lvl 5 - Silver

This game was a ton of fun. I especailly liked the black/white/red art style in the Nazi occupied areas. It was very fun to play

Working On:
    "Fallout: New Vegas [Ultimate Edition]" - 59%,
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,
    "Dead Storm Pirates" - 52% (3/5 S Rank)

Lvl 6 - Silver

just bought this last night new it was a good game but now looking foward to it cause of all the good comments about it.

Sig and avatar by big bad bladia

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by unchartednick13 View Post
    just bought this last night new it was a good game but now looking foward to it cause of all the good comments about it.
    Yes you will definitely enjoy it. It is a bit lengthy if you want to get the plat but its worth it. Good luck!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

My first platinum too! Better than gt4 in my opinion.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I have The Saboteur sitting on my shelf waiting to be played. From what I've seen and heard of the game, it looks like it'll be good fun, and I should enjoy it. I'm intending to start it fairly soon, after I finish up a couple of other games.

Purger

Great game with an amazing soundtrack. Loved the freeplay events especially the hidden jumps.
    Although I have the platinum, I occasionally put the disc in, hop in my Altair just to listen to some music and shoot stuff.

The Girl Gamer

I have to agree. The Saboteur is a fun game and it's very underrated. I love the gameplay, music, and how they put the nazi controlled area in black and white. A friend was the one who told me I should check the game out and I did since it sounded good. The game is a great game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

where the wind comes sweeping down the plains

Quote Originally Posted by ichris26 View Post
    It is an amazing game that I picked up when it released and glad I did. The only thing that I didn't care for was the 15,000 things that you had to blow up for that last trophy. lol

It is really nice though when you got the dlc for the "uncensored" version.
    Yeah, all the freeplay things that needed to be done was a bit over the top. However, it went by really quickly when I just methodically worked through them while I listened to some talk radio on iTunes.

Also enjoyed the uncensored version.

Starkiller supreme

I loved this game. It's such a shame the studio had to shut down after the release.

Toggle Spoiler

platcard by wadefan1

Sig by the one and only LEE200

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by rex1000 View Post
    I loved this game. It's such a shame the studio had to shut down after the release.
    Yeah it definitely is. But these gaming companies need to create more games like this, have it similar to others in major aspects but also diverse to the point where it is it's own unique game that attracts the player.