Anyone else having this problem?

This is a discussion on Anyone else having this problem? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Ok, I was trying to wait this out, but it persists... Here goes... Whenever I sync my trophies, it take ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Anyone else having this problem?

Ok, I was trying to wait this out, but it persists...

Here goes...

Whenever I sync my trophies, it take about 5-7 minutes now. In my 4 years as a PS3 owner, I have never had this problem. As odd as this may sound, it started after the last system update. I believe that was end of October or beginning of November. It was the update that added the vita stuff. After that update, my trophies went from updating in about 30 seconds to about 5-7 minutes. Every time! After it completes, I back out and do it again, and it starts all over. It should be noted that if I back out of the update, it locks up the system for about 30 seconds. I remember before, I could update them, play a game for awhile and unless I earned a new trophy in that game, it would load the trophies page right away. Not anymore, it syncs EVERY TIME, even if I go to my profile or compare trophies with any friends.

Further info to help...when it syncs, it jump to 3%, then 5, 7 or 9 rather quickly, then 11% and that's where it stalls. Only once or twice, when I watched it, did it go beyond 11% and that was only to 13%. After at least 5 minutes, it jumps to my updated trophy list, never going beyond 11 or 13%. If I jump to facebook (I have it linked) right after it hits 11%, my new trophies will show up on my wall/timeline. That also is true if I come here and update.

Lastly, nothing has changed in our house network wise. Everything is the same as it has been. Also, every other aspect of online PS3 activity works great! Online gaming, downloading, etc. Just trophies...

Anyone else experiencing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Canīt help other than provide info on what I experience, nope 30 sec as usual.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Plats-O'-War!!

, I remember I was having a similar problem. Try this: leave it alone for a few hours, earn a trophy or 2, then try to sync it. If that doesn't work, then I don't know what to tell you.

Resident PHD

Have you actually let it run through once yet? Whenever that happens to me you just have to let it run through to 100% once (it takes awhile) and then it should be fine after that.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Have you actually let it run through once yet? Whenever that happens to me you just have to let it run through to 100% once (it takes awhile) and then it should be fine after that.
    I let it run it's course. It just never goes above 11-13%. It finishes, just takes FOREVER now. On the few times i did cancel/back out, it locks up system temporarily. It was a minor annoyance at first, now its driving me nuts, especially since I just activated a gift plus membership. It makes the auto update trophy option worthless since it syncs every time I click it anyway.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    , I remember I was having a similar problem. Try this: leave it alone for a few hours, earn a trophy or 2, then try to sync it. If that doesn't work, then I don't know what to tell you.
    I'll give it a shot. I cannot find anything online either. No one else has had this happen I guess.

worlds biggest welch fan

5 to 7 minutes is awhile, the longest mine took was around 2 minutes.

hope it gets better

over and out nevets
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by ronin1272 View Post
    I'll give it a shot. I cannot find anything online either. No one else has had this happen I guess.
    If anything, it will work itself out. Don't sweat it.

PRO Member

I have this problem when I get a lot of trophies like 15 or 20 then try to sync them so I now do it every time I earn like 5 trophies and it takes 10 seconds.

Avy: apokolypz Sig: djunglist Platbar: Thunder