Could Sony be spreading itself to thin .....

This is a discussion on Could Sony be spreading itself to thin ..... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; We all know that the Vita is coming out and people who are buying those will be expecting support for ...

PRO Member

Could Sony be spreading itself to thin .....

We all know that the Vita is coming out and people who are buying those will be expecting support for it. The PS3 although in the twilight of its life still has a couple years left however there's MS sitting there with there next gen system getting ready to debut so Sony has its division readying the PS4 for its debut, there is also the PSP thats four different in house platforms each unique to the other all requiring attention, very interesting theres almost 60 million ps3 out there about 75 millon psp against the install base of 0 ps 4 and a couple hundred thousand vitas. Gonna be interesting how this all plays out, yes there will be third party support for sure but Im talking about the in house game like Unchartered etc wheres all the attention and love gonna go,

Plats-O'-War!!

, never looked at it like that. They maybe biting off a bit more than they can chew, who knows?

Legend...Nuff Said

Thats assuming the PS4 is in development, and I don't think the PS3 is in its twilight. I think its got a long time to go yet. The PS2 didn't really 'die' until a couple years ago with Persona 4 being its last big game, in my opinion. Even if the PS4 did come out in a year or two (for the sake of argument), support for the PS3 would not magically stop and there would still be a few more years of quality support and gameplay.

I think it also needs to be pointed out that the XBOX720 is only relevant to the western markets. It does absolute crap in Asia. I'm in Korea right now and sales for it is non-existent for Asians. The owner of the store I go too told me the only ones who buy XBOX games are foreigners. Koreans either play PS3 or PC...mostly PC.

Sony will be perfectly fine. As long as it keeps in the good graces of third party developers to keep their games PS only...aka basically all the Japanese developers, they will be cake. In a way they've cornered the market because of the bad support for the XBOX in Asia. Japanese developers can make games exclusively PS3 (for example) cause it has all the support in Japan, but also cause they know it has huge support in the rest of the world. XBOX developers who want their games to be XBOX exclusive can't do it as much cause they'd be cutting out 1 of the 3 biggest markets, so they are forced to make the game for the PS3 as well.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Administrator

They are a huge company, I think they have enough people

The One and Only

I do want to see how things play out, but as usual I'm waiting a while, years even, before I get the new systems. If I had money flowing that wouldn't be much of an issue, but I would like to stick with my PS3 for now.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Breakpoint View Post
    Lol, Breakpoint. He gives this big huge speech, and you're just like, "They'll be fine."
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Yankees And Packers <3

Im sure there are prepared for it and if needed would hire more employees to help them.

Lvl 7 - Gold

xbox sells extremely well for Americans i guess Americans didn't like spending a lot of money on a console at the time

so what ever the price xbox 720 or ps4 is will have some impact on decision

Crocodile Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Breakpoint View Post
    what he said

Sig by Apokolypz

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by stealthkiller22 View Post
    xbox sells extremely well for Americans i guess Americans didn't like spending a lot of money on a console at the time

so what ever the price xbox 720 or ps4 is will have some impact on decision
    For me, that's without question. I only get things I can afford.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

The thing is none of the same people are working on these "four different platforms."

The people who are developing the PS4 aren't supporting the VITA, and those people aren't supporting the PS3, and so on...

When most of the mistakes made by Sony corporate are related to business decisions, I can't agree with you.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.