Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

PS3 Games That Require an Online Pass to Get Online Trophies

This is a discussion on PS3 Games That Require an Online Pass to Get Online Trophies within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Very handy thread!...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Very handy thread!

Lvl 4 - Silver

UPDATE

Added FIFA STREET to the list.

Lvl 4 - Silver

UPDATE

Added NINJA GAIDEN 3 to the list and added PsychoNinjaKen to the Credits.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Couple this with the article I just read about pay-to-play skyrim like games really mean my days of gaming are coming to an end...

Free-to-Play Skyrim: The future of buffet-style gaming

Saints Row IV

You can play bulletstorm online without online pass, it adds more echo missions that is all
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Kinda lame how games require online passes now.... Might as well just buy the game new
    Last edited by PUDZY08; 04-17-2012 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Bad Grammar

Legend...Nuff Said

I'd like to make a special note. Uncharted 3 requires a region and game matching online pass. For example if your copy is the US version, you need a US online pass. My buddy had the Korean version of the game, bought an American online (He's from the US) and it doesn't work. He called customer support and they said the game and online pass have to both be from the same reason.
    Very random and very rare, but worth mentioning.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Saints Row IV

They want to beat people that rent games, like me
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

MK Plat = Overrated

Does Starhawk need an online pass? I saw somewhere that it does. Also, the trophy guide says you need an online pass. Isn't that shit a PS3 exclusive? WTF are they thinking???!!! Geezus. This is going too fucking far. If this is true, I'm never buying a new Sony system...ever. PS4 PS5 PSXX3000. I don't give a shit. Nothing. This is the last Sony system I will ever get if a Sony exclusive game needs an online pass.

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    Does Starhawk need an online pass? I saw somewhere that it does. Also, the trophy guide says you need an online pass. Isn't that shit a PS3 exclusive? WTF are they thinking???!!! Geezus. This is going too fucking far. If this is true, I'm never buying a new Sony system...ever. PS4 PS5 PSXX3000. I don't give a shit. Nothing. This is the last Sony system I will ever get if a Sony exclusive game needs an online pass.
    Well Uncharted 3 & Twisted Metal are both PS3 exclusives & they both require an online pass.

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Kid, not loser

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    Sorry bro that is how it is. It is also the only way to play split-screen, as you need to have the second controller use a second PSN account.

Also, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier will need a Upass as that is Ubisofts system to play online. And there are quite a lot of online trophies for it.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

MK Plat = Overrated

Well, my statement stands. That is the final straw. For one, I will never...NEVER...NEVER...buy a game that requires an online pass. I don't understand how the XBOX people do it. For one, they have to pay MS to used their net services. Then on top of that, they have to pay for a fucking online pass???!!! I mean, REALLY??? Why do you guys who pay for this shit put up with it?

Well, that does it for me. This will be the last generation of gaming that I will be involved with. You sure as shit know that the next gen systems and games will be way worse. All this nickel and diming is just plain bullshit. Nobody cares about customer service anymore. It's all about lining the pockets of the already rich XOs. Don't support it and they will stop doing it!!!

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Does anyone know if Max Payne 3 / Ghost Recon: Future Soldier require online passes?

Well, my statement stands. That is the final straw. For one, I will never...NEVER...NEVER...buy a game that requires an online pass. I don't understand how the XBOX people do it. For one, they have to pay MS to used their net services. Then on top of that, they have to pay for a fucking online pass???!!! I mean, REALLY??? Why do you guys who pay for this shit put up with it?

Well, that does it for me. This will be the last generation of gaming that I will be involved with. You sure as shit know that the next gen systems and games will be way worse. All this nickel and diming is just plain bullshit. Nobody cares about customer service anymore. It's all about lining the pockets of the already rich XOs.
    Don't support it and they will stop doing it!!!
    I agree & this may just be my last gen. of gaming as well (at least for consoles), at the rate things are going / have been this gen. I can't even imagine how bad things will be next & the rumors haven't been to good so far. Also, I have been transitioning to PC gaming within the last year which I'm lovin.

(Edit):

Also, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier will need a Upass as that is Ubisofts system to
    play online
    . And there are quite a lot of online trophies for it.

Is this
    "Upass" simple to use? Or does it make you go through all kinds of crap?

Kinda lame how games require online passes now.... Might as well just buy the game new

That's the plan stan, because of this pass I know I for one, now check for it & buy the game new. Looks like there plans are working.
    Last edited by Chaotically-Epic; 05-23-2012 at 09:35 PM.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Rangers F.C

Online passes suck balls , they want you to buy game , DLC , online pass and pay the broadband thats average of about 60 pound per game plus a monthly subscription , greed greed greed

Lvl 7 - Gold

There is a trick to NCAA Football 12 that you don't need an online pass if you're a PS+ member. Just download and install the full game trial.

Open the game, enter your or create an EA games account. Then go to Play Career, and select online dynasty. Join a public dynasty (or a private if you know somebody who has one set up), go to the Dynasty Wire and select any given story, leave a comment. Ding! Trophy.

Then play a quick game, shorten the quarters to make sure you get it in with time to spare and to just get it done with. Go to the instant replay and take a screenshot or anything. Then after the game, just share the file onto the EA servers. Ding! Trophy.

Now grab your rented or used copy of NCAA Football 12 and enjoy the Platinum without dropping $10 for an online pass.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Seems that 80% are EA games. Of course. I picked up All 4 One used and was pleasantly surprised that the Online Pass was inside and unused. I was glad to get it from BB, that never would've happened at GS. I have one of the greatest public libraries in the world to go to and I usually try to get a new game the day my library gets it and I can nab the Online Pass. First come first serve!

Lvl 9 - Gold

just read thru the enitre thread and saw that no one mention 2010's Medal of Honor, an EA game.
    you absolutely need the online pass for this game cuz there are 20 trophies for online content.

definitely add this game...

and what a bummer this is. i cant imagine how many people out there cant afford the new game, but can afford the preowned one, but then cant afford the online pass on top of the preowned price

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by PUDZY08 View Post
    That's what EA was trying to accomplish. I think it is working

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by PUDZY08 View Post
    Yeah, that is what developers want you to do...so you know they make money on their product

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 5 - Silver

nice and handy thread indeed

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast