Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Next Xbox AND PS4 set for biggest ever E3

This is a discussion on Next Xbox AND PS4 set for biggest ever E3 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; If you look at it strictly in terms of the PS3's development cycle, it's way too early. The system still ...

The Old Guy

If you look at it strictly in terms of the PS3's development cycle, it's way too early. The system still has a lot of room to grow, and the lineup of exclusives (and third-party games now using the PS3 as their main yardstick) is only getting better.

The problem is that they're scared to death to be the last one out of the gate again, and so they'll rush the PS4 out to make sure that doesn't happen. It's way too soon, but I don't see any way around it.

They just better have full backward compatibility and/or a ton of really great games to go with it, or it won't sell. Too many people are perfectly content with their PS3's to jump ship with no real benefit.

I just hope none of this has to do with the Wii U. I would love it if Microsoft and Sony got together and said, "congratulations Nintendo, you've finally caught up. Have fun with that," and then blew them out of the water in a couple of years with their new systems.

PRO Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Same as well, I'm very happy with the PS3 at the moment, I really don't see the need for a PS4, not for another 2 years at least.

I just hope the 720 doesn't come out in the next year or that will make Sony want to bring it out sooner
    what if GTA 5 is for PS4 and Xbox 720, then i have to buy a new console

check my awesome plat list if you dare: CLICK ME!

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNinjaKen View Post
    what if GTA 5 is for PS4 and Xbox 720, then i have to buy a new console
    But it isn't

Yankees And Packers <3

i hope the dont come out for another 2-3 years

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

hope kaz comes on the stage and shows a tech demo for ridge racer lol

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It isn't too early, a 2013 release is appropriate for a new console. Making it 7 years since the last debut of this current generation. It may seem too "soon" because most people got their PS3s when the Slim was introduced in '09 and with a price drop.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

I'd much prefer just one massive update for the PS3 dashboard rather than a new console in the next few years

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    They're kicking Sony's ass on sales with the 360
    It's hardly considered "kicking ass". Microsoft are only about 1.5M - 2.0M ahead of Sony in terms of hardware sales and that was reported a few months ago. It should also be considered that Microsoft did have an 11 month head start on sales. From earnings reports, Microsoft sold 1.7M units during Q4 2011 (I can't find the data report for Sony) and they did fairly well during Black Friday. With all that, it's still not a considerably huge lead.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Looking for Grimy's n00bs

Quote Originally Posted by Ruskigt View Post
    It isn't too early, a 2013 release is appropriate for a new console. Making it 7 years since the last debut of this current generation. It may seem too "soon" because most people got their PS3s when the Slim was introduced in '09 and with a price drop.
    I agree 100%!!! The graphics are already maxed at HD, so the only improvement I see is the amount of sprites they can use without slowdown. I could care less if they show the new systems at the show - like Ruskigt said it will be at least xmas 2013 till we see a consumer product. All I wish for with both systems is backward compatibility and the ability to download PSN and XBOX live games to the new systems.

avatar and sig by the awesome kid420247

Hidden Saint

It's earlier to announcement that. IMO, I don't think this will gonna happen... Or, well, they can announce the next consoles, but I hope they only bring them on like more 5~9 years, like the other ones

But it's not impossible.

deviantART
    Check pieces I do on Photoshop

Thunder's Checklist
    Make your opinion about my checklist

The Thundercloud
    Request me some art [closed by now]

Avatar and signature by apokolypz
    Platinum bar by me, request on my shop

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by [FnG] Unholy Eve View Post
    Do we really need new consoles already? What could a PS4 and XBOX bring thats worth speanding hundreds of $$$ or that we dont already have with the current consoles.
    My thoughts exactly. What's the point of making a new system?

I would have expected this around 2015+ to be honest. I just got a new PS3 during May. I don't think I'll get this anytime soon even if it comes out in a year or so. It will probably just end up costing more than $250 obviously.

Signature And Avatar Made By DjungList!
    Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Platinum #10

Game on....

What exactly can the next generation of consoles offer us gamers apart from better hardware specs? In the past, next generation consoles would show off future releases with next gen graphics and it would be completely mind blowing. However the current generation of consoles (PS3 / Xbox360) have high definition graphics and 720p / 1080i support which were one of the big jumps from the last generation of consoles. So i guess my point is, why bother at all with the next gen of consoles?

PRO Member

I can't wait for them to reveal the new consoles, It'll be exciting but I still feel like my PS3 is going strong and I still like using it so microsoft or Sony or maybe even Nintendo(?), will have to make some good changes for me to buy their console, I hope the PS4 has some good changes, I have a strange feeling I probably won't like them and won't be buying it - I mean what more can console makers do, we already have really good graphics etc, but I'm waiting for Sony to prove me wrong...., it will be interesting... can't wait

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

The One and Only

I really want to take a day off school to go to E3 this year. It's only a 20 or so minute drive from here but damn school is the only thing keeping me from going

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Huge Gaming Backlog

Quote Originally Posted by DoomHorror View Post
    Now that's a lie and you know it. PS2 is still alive with new releases, that makes 12 years. And Neo-Geo ran from 1990 till it was officially discontinued in 2004, so that makes 14 years. Xbox has been out since december 2005 so that's what like almost 7 years? Even Sega Megadrive ran for 9 years.

That statement brought my piss to a boil. Dumb xbox fanboys.

Everything I was going to say. If I was looking to buy the next Xbox I would be hoping it was more reliable than the 360. My experience was that I had 2 Xbox's in 12 months fail on me (red ring of death). So never again will I buy an Shit Box.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Breakfast and Chill

My body is ready, but my wallet is crying.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    I really want to take a day off school to go to E3 this year. It's only a 20 or so minute drive from here but damn school is the only thing keeping me from going
    Is missing 1 day of school really going to hurt?

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

MK Plat = Overrated

What the hell? I just got my PS3 a year ago. No way in hell am I going to even consider buying a new system in the next three years. And how can it be better? Maybe it will pleasure you. Well...I might get one if that is the case.

Bringing the PAIN

Then you could get a sex box?

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 4 - Silver

The only thing i can see Xbox doing is actually switching over to the Blu-ray disc. Other than that there isn't much either company can do to improve the system. Unless they start each new model at a "slim"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast