Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Next Xbox AND PS4 set for biggest ever E3

This is a discussion on Next Xbox AND PS4 set for biggest ever E3 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Alright i got 32 games to platinum plus what is it.... 100+ more i want to buy? I got one ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Alright i got 32 games to platinum plus what is it.... 100+ more i want to buy? I got one year I guess! Whatever i'll still buy it on release, hpeflly they fix up load times and onlne profiles

For those who fight for it, life has a flavour the sheltered will never know.

MMA Fan Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    I call bullshit.

Plus inaccuracies in the article = lol
    Report: BOTH New Xbox and PS4 Will Be Shown At E3 - Games News at IGN

If IGN is reporting it, then the rumor is very likely to be true.

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    Is missing 1 day of school really going to hurt?
    Depends on when I take my finals. It's always whether in that week or the week after E3. Pretty damn close to say the least.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

seeing will be believing in the cas of this really happening

Korean Girl Group Groupie

The whole X-Box 360 vs PlayStation 3 argument at this point is pretty silly. Both systems have their pros and cons, but there are also - as far as gaming devices go - the two most similar systems to be on the market at the same time of any generation in modern gaming (NES onward), with thousands of overlapping titles that you could play on one or the other with minimal differences that are nitpicking at most.

Is it likely that somebody is going to announce something at E3? Extremely likely. It's about that time, and Nintendo already hit the gas, on the "who's going to go first?" game of chicken. There are too many sources leaking hints and information that they are developing games for the next generation of systems from Sony and Microsoft for it not be happening sooner rather than later. So this shouldn't be shocking, or unexpected news to anybody who follows gaming news.

I just really wonder how many people during the next generation are going to be jumping ship from one to the other, in terms of having their preferences be a Sony or a Microsoft console. Most people have their preference at this point, and if the accounts that are currently in existence carry over to next-gen, I don't see the trophy/achievement seekers dropping their progress for the other. Do I expect the XMB or X-Box Live to be radically changed? Nope. Is there going to be something that either console is going to be able to pull off that you can't get anywhere else and makes it a must have system? Highly unlikely that it will be something big enough to sway the everyday consumer.

When they come, they'll most likely be great - and amazing gaming behemoths that blow away our senses in every possible visceral way. But I don't know what they will be able to deliver as media devices that they don't already pull off, or will be something that a smartphone would be capable of doing in applicable sense. I am just curious as to what it is that they will bring to the table that the other doesn't already do, or have a peripheral to do already. The good of it is, is that next generation might just be the one in which the games do the speaking for which system is the one to own, and not be so heavily slated on online service, or controller preference or rampant unnecessary fanboyism.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Up the Irons!

This is just a rumor, but if it's true, then I'm a bit happy. I'll be happy just to see the next-gen consoles, but I'll be a bit sad that I'll have to spend hundreds of dollars on a new console. But if they are revealed, I'm 100% sure they won't release it until somewhere late next year.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post

Toggle Spoiler

That's the thing we don't need a new system. MS might need a new disc format simply because they are not able to do as much as the PS3 in terms of space but with regular updates being done the current gen systems are getting better and better without a new piece of HW.

I honestly cannot think of anything a PS4 could offer that I don't already get on my PS3, maybe having all games look like GT5 or FF13 but that is a stretch. We will have to see, but I don't just want a new system to play games on, when my old one works very well.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Looking for Grimy's n00bs

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    That's the thing we don't need a new system. MS might need a new disc format simply because they are not able to do as much as the PS3 in terms of space but with regular updates being done the current gen systems are getting better and better without a new piece of HW.

I honestly cannot think of anything a PS4 could offer that I don't already get on my PS3, maybe having all games look like GT5 or FF13 but that is a stretch. We will have to see, but I don't just want a new system to play games on, when my old one works very well.
    Sad thing is most of the current games are still under 8G, so unless things change there is not much use for bluray.

avatar and sig by the awesome kid420247

Gab
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

I can't stop repeating to myself that im not ready for a PS4! i love my ps3 already as it is, i dont wanna buy another system not YET.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
    I can't stop repeating to myself that im not ready for a PS4! i love my ps3 already as it is, i dont wanna buy another system not YET.
    If it is released when you aren't ready for it, don't buy it until its gone down in price or wait until you do want it.

Game on....

I keep reading articles about this being the PS4?

I honestly hope so because that is so

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post

That looks pretty sick if its true. I'm guessing they're using smart glass or whatever its called. Also, anyone remember the article I think Ps360 posted about Sony developing a new disc that could hold 1 TB? I believe it was a disc anyways. If that's true then maybe the PS4 will use them so imagine the games developers could make then...
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

Lol no. That's a fake and was made not that long after the PS3 actually came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Also, anyone remember the article I think Ps360 posted about Sony developing a new disc that could hold 1 TB? I believe it was a disc anyways. If that's true then maybe the PS4 will use them so imagine the games developers could make then...
    Yeah it was a disc, and if I remember correctly, the article stated that it was planned to be ready by 2013/2014. That would be good timing for the PS4 (Which I predict a 2014 release). However, I don't actually think a new disc drive would be needed to read the 1 TB discs, I'm sure a firmware update would allow it.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

PRO Member

I doubt it, it's just fan-made concept art thats been floating around for years

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234