Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Games that have been 'spoiledt' for you?

This is a discussion on Games that have been 'spoiledt' for you? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Somebody told me the ending to Heavy Rain, I still got it and enjoyed it. Also, don't not get Bioshock ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Somebody told me the ending to Heavy Rain, I still got it and enjoyed it.

Also, don't not get Bioshock because you know the plot twist, because it is a great game. It's in my Top 5 best franchises.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

MK Plat = Overrated

I'm glad nobody has spoiled anything for me yet. I would be pissed if I had found out the ending to Enslaved before playing it. I just saw a bunch of posts that where people said they didn't like the ending. I loved it. It was a bummer and a "WTF" moment for me. Considering the game is so old, I'm surprised I never read about the ending before. Also, I'm still waiting for Heavy Rain to get a bit cheaper to buy. Haven't heard or seen anything about the ending for that either. Guess I'm just lucky.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Heavy Rain was spoiled for me by an amatuer reviewer who decided to give a HUGE chunk of the story away, still love the game though.

Bioshock was ruined for me,Red Dead Redemption i held off buying after the ending was given away somewhere on here, again i still got a lot of enjoyment out of it.

If anyone dared ruin a Metal Gear title for me, i would be likely to cave their skull in with a tin of tuna,possibly, perhaps a carton of juice if i calm down enough.

Legend...Nuff Said

Way back when for FFX-2. I was looking forward to the game. My cousin told me the ending/plot twist of the game...and then I stopped playing. I only play RPGs for the story, and with the story ruined there was no point in continuing.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Kiwi Defender

The only one from this generation that I can remember is RDR.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Change is mediocre

Only one I can remember is from one of my friends that told me. From Modern Warfare 3:

Toggle Spoiler

At that point I really didn't give a flying shit about plot twists as there was hardly a plot to begin with.

PRO Member

One of my friends spoiled batman arkham city before I even started it

Avy: apokolypz Sig: djunglist Platbar: Thunder

PRO Member

none. Its mainly the games that I stop and start on so many times that I forgot what they told me. But then again with stuff like online when they talk non-stop for few hours I tone them out at some point.

Buy my book, Alteration

Assassin's Creed II in a PSM article. Yes it said spoilers, I just didn't care at the time... Sonic Adventure 2 was spoiled for me through the Sonic X cartoon of it.

Prolly more, I have a real-life friendo who pretty much spoils everything.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Local Drunk

My mate's brother has a habit of telling me endings of games and movies, so yeah a lot has been spoilt for me and it pisses me off. Main one I can think atm is Red Dead Redemption, probably why I haven't finished it yet.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Prayer Warrior

Heavy Rain was spoiled for me. some butt nugget on here decided to spout off who the killer was without using spoilers or even announcing that he was going to say that and i just happen to read all over it before i realized what was going on. i was super pissed.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    Heavy Rain was spoiled for me. some butt nugget on here decided to spout off who the killer was without using spoilers or even announcing that he was going to say that and i just happen to read all over it before i realized what was going on. i was super pissed.
    That an idiot, no wonder you were super pissed. Fortunately, it was one game that hadn't been spoilt for me.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Red Dead Redemption

Game on....

I do understand the relevance of not wanting to know what happens in a game before playing. However if it does happen intentionally or by mistake, its not that a big deal compared to knowing about what happens in a movie before watching it. The beauty of gaming is that even if a game is ruined by spoilers, at least you have the satisfaction of playing the game. The gameplay can never be ruined by spoilers because no matter how much you have seen or heard, actually playing the game is a different thing altogether.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Back before MGS4 was released I watched every trailer and gameplay demonstration that was released and in some way it kind of ruined some scenes from the game. Ever since the first trailers we knew Meryl was going to be in the game, then when you get to the hotel she's in and you meet her for the first time, she's wearing a balaclava. Kojima probably wanted that scene to surprise the player when she took it off but having known it was indeed her ruined it a bit. That's just one scene and I think it would've been better if I hadn't watched a single trailer.

Ever since then I keep away from trailers, discussions and reviews of games I want to buy. I don't even want to see screenshots. If I see a thread discussing a game I have yet to play, and I want it, I stay miles away.

Other than that, games haven't been spoiled for me.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Infamous 2.... I was fucking pissed.

Closing this account

nothing yet. it is really hard to ruining a game for me. i try to stay out of certain threads and stay away from certain ppl on this site if i get a game i really like.

Retired

inFAMOUS 2 :|
    Jak 2.
    That's it I guess.

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

I had RDR spoiled for me. I still loved the ending though.

LA Noire was semi spoiled for me. I knew what happened but not really how. It was just a random comment on a youtube trailer. MAJOR LA Noire spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 5 - Silver

Batman AC was spoiled for me
    PERFECT PLATINUM STREAK

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast