Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Games that have been 'spoiledt' for you?

This is a discussion on Games that have been 'spoiledt' for you? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Uncharted: Golden Abyss was spoiled a little for me by some previews that came out around the same time I ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Uncharted: Golden Abyss was spoiled a little for me by some previews that came out around the same time I started playing the game. I got it at launch Dec.17, but had not played as fast as those previewers, I guess.

It was not the ending, and maybe not a big deal for a lot of people, but for me it was an annoyance.
    The previews tried to be subtle about it, but it was not hard to figure out what they meant.

The spoiler below is a recap of what the previews said, it does not go further and explain what actually happened in the game. If you have read the previews, you have already read it, but proceed with caution anyway.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 7 - Gold

The Game Informer review spoiled the original Infamous for me. Doom was infuriated when the game revealed the twist. Might be my fault for not buying Infamous but still though those douches could've at least add a spoil alert.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Lvl 9 - Gold

People, there´s actually no one to blame but yourself.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 1 - Bronze

FFXIII-2 ending was spoiled by some jerk on Gamefaqs who decided to post it in topic titles without spoiler warnings, not only in the forum for XIII-2, but also the forums for PS3 and Xbox 360.

Vive La Révelation!

I actually haven't had a game spoiled for me yet, but. I did unfortunately spoil Red Dead Redemption for Shady....
    And I'm still sick about it.
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Lvl 7 - Gold

"You may know the destination but you don't know how the journey was to get there."
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Mr. X

I was talking about how I got bored of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood with my friend. Then out of the blue he blurted out the ending when telling me his brother loved it. Kind of annoying as I still have to go back and finish it but not too bad because the Assassin's Creed story is convoluted nonsense.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    Don't see how?

I was on a thread that was completely irrelevant to Bioshock and I read this guys comment and he put in no warnings; it went something like this; ''I love how ___________________ happened in Bioshock.'' HOW is that my fault?

Also overhearing somebody walking past who talks about a game ending is not at all my fault.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Winter Is Coming

Rdr ending, but i still played and really enjoyed the game regardless

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

The Deathly Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Someone once told me about what happens at the good ending of inFamous 2 before I even got to play the game (PSN Comment), so that part was kinda spoiled for me.
    Same for me, but the evil ending tho

also I was spoiled for MW2, Uncharted 2, Dead Space, and Castlevania LOS (I was so mad)
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Lvl 6 - Silver

sorry, nothing to add but dont you mean "SPOILED" not SPOILT?
    this is to the op

its just funny the computer corrects you with a red line under it when you misspell something

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well, I guess I spoil it all for myself. I can't help but to go online and read the entire plot for a game when I'm bored... I don't mind though, it just makes me wonder how it'll look when it actually happens in my game.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy72 View Post
    sorry, nothing to add but dont you mean "SPOILED" not SPOILT?
    this is to the op

its just funny the computer corrects you with a red line under it when you misspell something
    Yes I was wondering whether to put that in but spoilt is a fine replacement and makes perfect sence.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by it but have you never heard of the word spoilt? :s

I think spoiled would work too but hey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy72 View Post
    It's funny when people don't know the proper use of it's or its:stare:

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar_Umbra View Post
    FFXIII-2 ending was spoiled by some jerk on Gamefaqs who decided to post it in topic titles without spoiler warnings, not only in the forum for XIII-2, but also the forums for PS3 and Xbox 360.
    i too was a victim in this
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    So how is it your fault if someone straight out tells you or someone doesn't even give a warning in a post? ... Thats right I thought so.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

No Matter What

Rev spoiled the end of Red Dead for me, and I was planning on buying the GOTY edition.... Actually I might still get it for the amazing multiplayer.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Lvl 3 - Bronze

a moron posted in a comment the ending of Red Dead Redemption while I was watching the trailers BEFORE actually buying the game. DAMN!

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Yes it is avoidable, yes movies are worse to be spoiled (though in nearly all major movies, the end is obvious)

The thing is it's just people doing it out of spite and being a braggard, two things come to mind, personally.

1- San Andreas was another ending ruined for me, i cared less because frankly, the story was secondary, my problem lay with the spoiler, after a probing on the content of the game, it turned out they hadn't even come close to finishing it and just heard about the ending from someone else but clearly wanted 10 cool points to be awarded for bragging about the ending they never earned.

2- The Village was ruined as i waited outside the cinema, someone in front was discussing the twists and i did a rare thing for me, i tapped the guy's shoulder, asked him what he was seeing, i'd seen it, so i leaned in and told him the ending, he actually asked why i told him, my response was
    'well you just saved me a ticket so i thought i'd return the favour'

On a less moral side note i mockingly 'ruined' James Bond in Die Another Day by loudly stating that Bond died at the end as we walked past the queue for the next showing, the funny bit being that anyone would believe it.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSonofvenom View Post
    Yes it is avoidable, yes movies are worse to be spoiled (though in nearly all major movies, the end is obvious)

The thing is it's just people doing it out of spite and being a braggard, two things come to mind, personally.

1- San Andreas was another ending ruined for me, i cared less because frankly, the story was secondary, my problem lay with the spoiler, after a probing on the content of the game, it turned out they hadn't even come close to finishing it and just heard about the ending from someone else but clearly wanted 10 cool points to be awarded for bragging about the ending they never earned.

2- The Village was ruined as i waited outside the cinema, someone in front was discussing the twists and i did a rare thing for me, i tapped the guy's shoulder, asked him what he was seeing, i'd seen it, so i leaned in and told him the ending, he actually asked why i told him, my response was
    'well you just saved me a ticket so i thought i'd return the favour'

On a less moral side note i mockingly 'ruined' James Bond in Die Another Day by loudly stating that Bond died at the end as we walked past the queue for the next showing, the funny bit being that anyone would believe it.
    Good on ya for telling that guy the ending of the movie after he ruined The Village.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast