Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So the Playstation Move. What's your opinion these days?

This is a discussion on So the Playstation Move. What's your opinion these days? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The Move has been out since Sept 2010. Personally, my two Move controllers are gathering dust. Every weekly update, I ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

So the Playstation Move. What's your opinion these days?

The Move has been out since Sept 2010.

Personally, my two Move controllers are gathering dust. Every weekly update, I hope for something good to come out for the Move, but it never happens. After seeing what the tech could do with games like Tumble, I had a lot of hope. But there are just not any decent games being released.

I guess it doesn't help that I got my daughter the Kinect bundle for Xmas, and their tech is pretty amazing, with a huge library.
    The only one who was still using our Move was the daughter for games like Start the Party, and EyePet.... Now I have a feeling even she's gonna give up on those.

So...... Who likes or hates the Move these days?

Prayer Warrior

i had the move....i say again i HAD the move. i traded it in for kinect games. my wife got a 360 with kinect for her birthday and we absolutely love it. we have 5 games now and play them all like crazy. kinect sports season 1 and 2, wipeout 2, kinect adventures, and UFC trainer. way better than anything to move put out. i wanted to be a believer in the move and i wanted to love it and i wanted it to be the best ever but it just didn't happen. the kinect towers over the move in every way i feel and i can honestly say i'm happy with trading my move stuff in to get kinect games. i don't miss it at all.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 6 - Silver

I like it, but think they should put more effort towards making BIG-RELEASE *MOVE ONLY* titles. Besides putting them as side features no-one uses like MLB 11 The Show and NBA2K11/12
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    i had the move....i say again i HAD the move. i traded it in for kinect games. my wife got a 360 with kinect for her birthday and we absolutely love it. we have 5 games now and play them all like crazy. kinect sports season 1 and 2, wipeout 2, kinect adventures, and UFC trainer. way better than anything to move put out. i wanted to be a believer in the move and i wanted to love it and i wanted it to be the best ever but it just didn't happen. the kinect towers over the move in every way i feel and i can honestly say i'm happy with trading my move stuff in to get kinect games. i don't miss it at all.
    Good idea. I bet I could get my daughter to give up all the Move hardware to trade in for some new Kinect games. And I'm not being pro MS or anti PS3. I love the PS3 way more than the 360, but the Move library really sucks.

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead View Post
    Good idea. I bet I could get my daughter to give up all the Move hardware to trade in for some new Kinect games. And I'm not being pro MS or anti PS3. I love the PS3 way more than the 360, but the Move library really sucks.
    yeah man i'm still a ps3 man all the way and i will still buy all my games for the ps3. the only thing i will buy on the 360 is kinect games and exclusives like gears and alan wake. but the kinect library is so much better than anything the move has to offer. i bet if you got her kinectamals or fantastic pets she would agree to give up the move lol good luck.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Chuck Norris Approved.

Got it with the 320gb move bundle. I sold it "the move" and sports champions to a friend at work for his wife and daughter to use. Think I sold it for like 50 bucks.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Change is mediocre

I loved it for a while, but now I am just waiting for something good to come along. With the Move, you have to buy a bunch of accessories, with the kinect, you don't. Glad I got it for free (airmiles points ) but there has been nothing amazing for the Move yet, only thing that is remotely good is Resistance 3, which was a bigger let down than the Move itself.

Go Blue Jackets!!

Move sucked from the getgo. The lightbulb ball thing was annoying and reflected off my tv screen making it annoying to play

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I got it for X-mas last year and I played Sport Champions like 10 times since then. Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 I have and they both have move support and I even got the sharpshooter and I couldn't play them with it. I have no clue about it, I want to get rid of it because I never use it. I mean where the hell are the games at? Make a freaking, I don't know, Sony Exclusive FPS only made for the move or an adventure game?

INTJ

my move has not been touched for months

Lvl 6 - Silver

I got one for Christmas this year. It's all charged up and ready for me to test out. I got Just Dance 3, which should help me in the get up and get moving department. I also have Playstation Heroes ordered. It'll be here in about a week. I doubt I'll play that much more with my move but those two games will totally make it worth it. I've been dying to play Playstation Heroes for a while now.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Yeah, I guess it's time for the Move to go. And I'll probably use the money on Kinect games. Sad.

Vive La Révelation!

I’m personally I big fan of PS3! And I don’t care so much about the 360...
    But in my honest opinion Microsoft has Sony beat with their Kinect.
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by emosgirl View Post
    I got one for Christmas this year. It's all charged up and ready for me to test out. I got Just Dance 3, which should help me in the get up and get moving department. I also have Playstation Heroes ordered. It'll be here in about a week. I doubt I'll play that much more with my move but those two games will totally make it worth it. I've been dying to play Playstation Heroes for a while now.
    Singstar Dance is the best dancing Move game out there.

PRO Member

It's shit
    /close thread

Click-Click-Kaboom

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    It's shit
    /close thread
    Move sucks List

1. ChrisValentine
    2. DeadPool

PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il

Up the Irons!

I agree with everyone who has already said it, the Kinect is better than the Move.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

MMA Fan Extraordinaire

I'm just not sold on the motion control phenomenon, which is why I don't own a wii. I'll play it at a friend or family member's house, but won't buy it. I'm your typical sit on the couch and hold the controller gamer.

illegal in 9 countries

The Move was always intended as a casual gaming peripheral to get the Wii crowd on-board with PS3. I've got a couple of dozen Move-enabled games and I want to like it more than I do, but it's just too inaccurate for anything other than swinging your arms like a monkey.

Aside from casual games like Sports Champions, Start the Party & EyePet, rail shooters like The Shoot, Time Crisis, House of the Dead Overkill and Dead Space Extraction are about the best we can hope for out of the Move.

Core games like MAG, Killzone 3, Resistance 3, SOCOM, Resident Evil 5 etc are horrible compared to the DualShock, even with the Sharp Shooter. This makes me a sad panda.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

It's nothing speical at all. I regret buying it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast