Square enix moves Main offices to Shinjuku, Thanks to advice from a fortune teller named pao

This is a discussion on Square enix moves Main offices to Shinjuku, Thanks to advice from a fortune teller named pao within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Gamasutra - News - This week in Japanese news: Square Enix to Otome Square Enix will relocate its main office ...

INTJ

Square enix moves Main offices to Shinjuku, Thanks to advice from a fortune teller named pao

Gamasutra - News - This week in Japanese news: Square Enix to Otome

Square Enix will relocate its main office to a new building (artist rendition of the building pictured) currently under construction in the East Side Square of Tokyo's Shinjuku ward. Construction is expected to be completed in April.

Nikkei BP says the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest developer/publisher will move from its current headquarters in another part of Shinjuku to the new building some time in summer.

Square Enix was previously based in Tokyo's Meguro ward, but the company moved to Shinjuku in 2004. Famed composer and former employee Nobuo Uematsu previously claimed the move was spurred by a fortune teller's prediction.

"[Square Enix CEO and president Yoichi] Wada took a couple of locations to a fortune teller named Pao," said Uematsu. "Pao said the Meguro space was not going to bring any fortune to the company, and pointed to Shinjuku. That's why he decided to move it there. I heard this directly from Wada."

square enix, full of smart people

Kiwi Defender

Feng shui, making no sense since forever.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Closing this account

it is a better choice seeing how meguro is not that popular when visiting the tokyo area. i do have the fame ebisu garden and tokyo tower but if they want more of a fun base...shinjuku, harajuku, and shibuya are all good places to start. all three places are 5 mins away from each other by train. thats where most of the cosplay happens. millions of ppl goes through shinjuku every hour almost.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

So that's why their games have been crappy lately.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Just to clarify what was read in the article, unless of course my reading comprehension is hampered, or it was reported in such a way that is confusing.

Square Enix was in Meguro, then moved to Shinjuku where their offices are currently with some input from a fortune teller, and is now currently in the process of moving to another spot in Shinjuku, without any input this time of an outside medium.

So it was the move in 2004, that was spurred by a fortune teller, not the current one. Not that it makes it any less stupid, but I have never liked Yoichi Wada's decisions and movements since he has helmed the company since 2000 they've become a bit of a laughing stock - and I am still confused how the man has held onto the position, considering how much they've fallen from grace under his so-called leadership, in which the company that was once one of the trendsetters and model companies in the industry has fallen back considerably in his tenure.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)