Has anybody beaten MGS 2 sons of liberty on Extreme difficulty

This is a discussion on Has anybody beaten MGS 2 sons of liberty on Extreme difficulty within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Has anybody beaten MGS 2 sons of liberty on Extreme difficulty just curious...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Has anybody beaten MGS 2 sons of liberty on Extreme difficulty

Has anybody beaten MGS 2 sons of liberty on Extreme difficulty just curious

Lvl 9 - Gold

Nah, I was never able to even beat it on Hard!
    If Extreme difficulty is required for the plat, then it's a safe bet that I'll never plat MGS2!

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    If Extreme difficulty is required for the plat, then it's a safe bet that I'll never plat MGS2!
    I think this trophy will answer your question (and the OP's as well) A Cut Above Beat the Tanker and Plant Chapters on any difficulty.

Hoped I helped!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Whew, thanks for that! The higher difficulties really were too hard - you simply had too many Metal Gears to defeat, and taking a direct hit from one of their missiles just obliterated your LIFE bar. Thankfully I won't have to go through that again! I'm not saying I WON'T attempt it, but it's good to know I don't have to beat it!

The trilogy comes out here in the UK on Feb 3rd - can't wait!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    I think this trophy will answer your question (and the OP's as well) A Cut Above Beat the Tanker and Plant Chapters on any difficulty.

Hoped I helped!
    the point of this thread was to ask someone who beat the game on extreme and then describe his experience i have beaten this game 4 times, am about to beat it on hard but i still need extreme for the rest of the dog tags and platinum

Kiwi Defender

Nope, haven't had the balls to try it yet, but I'll sure as hell have my Stealth Camo and Infinite Ammo Bandana with me when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post

Hoped I helped!
    You do have to beat it on Extreme to get the . You need every dog tag on every difficulty.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Nope, haven't had the balls to try it yet, but I'll sure as hell have my Stealth Camo and Infinite Ammo Bandana with me when I do.

You do have to beat it on Extreme to get the . You need every dog tag on every difficulty.
    well am not having really that much trouble on hard up to now also how do you unlock other characters for vr missions

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by AJL_LEYJA View Post
    well am not having really that much trouble on hard up to now also how do you unlock other characters for vr missions
    I'm not sure, but I think that you must beat the game on various difficulties. That or finish all the VRs of a character.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Well i havent bought the ps3 version, but i did beat it in the ps2, though i didnt get highest rank

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think that you must beat the game on various difficulties. That or finish all the VRs of a character.
    You have to clear a certain amount of VR missions with each character.

Raiden 50% = Ninja Raiden
    Ninja Raiden 100% = X Raiden [Naked Raiden]

Snake 50% = Pliskin
    Pliskin 100% = Tuxedo Snake

Every Character 100% = MGS1 Snake [I think]

And yes, you DO need to complete the game on Extreme for the Platinum. However, Extreme isn't much harder than Hard.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Lvl 4 - Silver

I've beaten the game in extreme more than 10 times in my ps2 and now in the ps3 version I did it once for the platinum trophy. Metal Gear Solid 2 is an stealth game so there's no big difference between difficulties exept for some boss battles.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I think you have to play Extreme because you need the dog tags so haha for those that want the platinum

Signature And Avatar Made By DjungList!
    Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Platinum #10

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    You have to clear a certain amount of VR missions with each character.

Raiden 50% = Ninja Raiden
    Ninja Raiden 100% = X Raiden [Naked Raiden]

Snake 50% = Pliskin
    Pliskin 100% = Tuxedo Snake

Every Character 100% = MGS1 Snake [I think]

And yes, you DO need to complete the game on Extreme for the Platinum. However, Extreme isn't much harder than Hard.
    thanks for the info
    i just beat it on hard ill start on extreme tomorrow
    also for great dane trophy which requires you to get all dog tags you dont actually have to play the tanker section on hard and extreme if you have unlocked the bandana and the stealth suit for snake. it appears that once you get all collectibles youll get trophy which there are 4 on the plant section and 2 in tanker or so i heard

Plats-O'-War!!

LOL! Damn, guess I should keep my mouth shut for a while huh?

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Aexuz View Post
    there's no big difference between difficulties exept for some boss battles.
    Last time I looked, Extreme difficulty gave you an instant game over if you were spotted, and you had to fight twenty Metal Gears at the end! And last time I fought Olga, she shot me once and took off over half of my health, and I'm pretty sure there were/are no Rations available during the boss fights, or that fight at least.

Fighting twenty consecutive Metal Gear Rays will be next to impossible to pull off, given that you take so much damage, carry a much more limited supply of ammunition, and can only carry 2(?) Rations. So, I can't see me ever platting this game then!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Last time I looked, Extreme difficulty gave you an instant game over if you were spotted, and you had to fight twenty Metal Gears at the end! And last time I fought Olga, she shot me once and took off over half of my health, and I'm pretty sure there were/are no Rations available during the boss fights, or that fight at least.

Fighting twenty consecutive Metal Gear Rays will be next to impossible to pull off, given that you take so much damage, carry a much more limited supply of ammunition, and can only carry 2(?) Rations. So, I can't see me ever platting this game then!
    if youre going to do extreme difficulty dont bother doing the tanker chapter just start on plant but make sure you are getting the dog tags. there are only 4 rations all throughout the plant chapter and no the game wont end if youre seen unless you choose european extreme,you can decide whether or not if the game ends if youre seen and yeah from hard to extreme theres a gap as bosses have stronger attacks am currently where you have to fight the harrier(on extreme) and missiles kill you in one hit