Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hirai Says No PS4 Announcement at E3

This is a discussion on Hirai Says No PS4 Announcement at E3 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; good. more time to save up for when the thing actually comes out...

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

good. more time to save up for when the thing actually comes out

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 4 - Silver

Good.

I do not want to have spent all this money on the PS3 and the games just to have to abandon them so soon. Long live the PS3!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Lvl 7 - Gold

ps3 is still good so there is no need to realease the ps4 yet

PRO Member

I knew that and i know ps3 has more to come

Lvl 5 - Silver

Yeah they should ihave told something

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Now I'm not saying we are there yet, but if Sony waits for several more years... By that point in time the PS3 will be so laughably far behind we won't get shit for games.
    First of all, my third sentence came out all wrong. I guess I shouldn't type just after waking up.

On to the matter at hand. I know the PS3 has it's limits, but I'm not sure if a slight improvement in graphics and performance is enough to warrant a new console. The gaps between PS1, 2 and 3 were great. That's why I hope that PS4 will be a major improvement over PS3.

But I completely agree with the above quote. Though I don't want a new console at this time, holding off for too long may leave Sony behind and create a situation from which the may never recover.

Chuck Norris Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightSparkle View Post
    Good it's too early for a PS4. I'm happy with my PS3.
    I could not agree more, I mean just for example what naughty dog is doing every time they make a new game. The PS3 still has a lot of room to grow. Also I really think it would be a huge mistake to try and push a new console. 1st the economy, I have a good job. I'm doing well I'm lucky and blessed. Even though I'm at a place in my life where I could afford it, I could not see myself buying a new console in the next year or even two. 2nd as said before there is still a lot of life left in the system. I mean you can damn near watch month by month how much the game companies are learning and pushing the PS3 that much more.

Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Now I'm not saying we are there yet, but if Sony waits for several more years... By that point in time the PS3 will be so laughably far behind we won't get shit for games.
    I normally for the most part agree or can even get on your level, however you know what you get when you rush shit. Microsoft every damn thing they make is a rushed beta product for the public to test and report bug's so then they begin to make a product that should be ready for public sale. I know I already know what's coming, this is just one example of many from many other companies. Yes I am a PS3 fan, but that does not change my view's on Microsoft, not even saying xbox because we all know how that came out by rushing it to market to beat sony. My point is yes I agree you can't get to far behind, but do not fall into some bullshit contest of who can get the system on the store shelves first.

I have been wondering also what will Xbox do now, stay with the hd disc? Or try to work a deal and use bluray? Just been wondering about that for awhile now.
    Last edited by Wargazsem; 01-11-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

worlds biggest welch fan

awesome .
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Just to expand on something, all Kaz Hirai said was that Sony is not talking about the PlayStation 4, and that there will be no announcement at E3 about the console.

The PlayStation 4 is definitely in development, and is going to be coming sooner than later. Microsoft and Sony both pretty much at the absolute latest pulled the trigger on their next console's development after Nintendo came out and officially announced the Wii-U. The entire "console war" is pretty much a big game of chicken, and once one goes, the rest follow suite. Microsoft and Sony would be making an extremely foolhardy move if they really don't have anything in development.

There are far too many hints and leaks out there, from first party developers nonetheless, that basically say that there is planning, and possibly pre-development going on for the next PlayStation iteration. So you can be satisfied to your hearts content with your PlayStation 3, but it's successor is on it's way - like it or not.

Hirai is saying all the right things, because if he were to drop a hint that it's coming, it would not just ruin the shock and awe factor for the actual unveiling, but would also hurt sales of PlayStation 3 units currently as people would determine whether or not they should just hedge their bets and wait for the newer thing.

As I said in my earlier post, Sony's next move is probably going to be a reactionary one to what Microsoft does - which isn't all together that bad as long as they can release the next console around the same time, at a proper price point, to not have to be playing catch up, which they are still doing with the PlayStation 3 to this day.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Chuck Norris Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Just to expand on something, all Kaz Hirai said was that Sony is not talking about the PlayStation 4, and that there will be no announcement at E3 about the console.

The PlayStation 4 is definitely in development, and is going to be coming sooner than later. Microsoft and Sony both pretty much at the absolute latest pulled the trigger on their next console's development after Nintendo came out and officially announced the Wii-U. The entire "console war" is pretty much a big game of chicken, and once one goes, the rest follow suite. Microsoft and Sony would be making an extremely foolhardy move if they really don't have anything in development.

There are far too many hints and leaks out there, from first party developers nonetheless, that basically say that there is planning, and possibly pre-development going on for the next PlayStation iteration. So you can be satisfied to your hearts content with your PlayStation 3, but it's successor is on it's way - like it or not.

Hirai is saying all the right things, because if he were to drop a hint that it's coming, it would not just ruin the shock and awe factor for the actual unveiling, but would also hurt sales of PlayStation 3 units currently as people would determine whether or not they should just hedge their bets and wait for the newer thing.

As I said in my earlier post, Sony's next move is probably going to be a reactionary one to what Microsoft does - which isn't all together that bad as long as they can release the next console around the same time, at a proper price point, to not have to be playing catch up, which they are still doing with the PlayStation 3 to this day.
    WII-U will bomb PS3 and Xbox have that market, the reason the wii sold/sell's so well is one the price two it's more kid/family friendly. I mean really, anyone with a Xbox or PS3. I can't see buying a friggin HD WII. I may be wrong, been known to happen but I see a epic fail for nintendo , something they have not had to taste much of. I also disagree with the playing catch up, Xbox is about to max it's self out, the PS3 still has so much untapped power left to use. I can't post a link or even remember where I saw it, Last I saw was the PS3 was still only around 30% to 40% of being tapped into what it can do.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12