Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Killzone coming to PSN later this month

This is a discussion on Killzone coming to PSN later this month within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Read this straight from Game Informer just now. It won't be in HD, just a port to the PSN. [Update] ...

Plats-O'-War!!

Killzone coming to PSN later this month

Read this straight from Game Informer just now. It won't be in HD, just a port to the PSN.

[Update] Sony confirmed to Game Informer it will release Killzone on PlayStation Network. The game will cost $9.99 and release on January 24. This is a port of the original PlayStation 2 title.
    ------------------------------------------
    [Original Story] It seems the first Killzone title will soon be making its way to PlayStation 3. The Entertainment Software Ratings Board recently published a rating for the game for PS3, which typically signals its eventual release.

It's unlikely this is a complete "remaster" of the original PlayStation 2 version, but instead simply a digital title of the original available through PlayStation Network. Sony began selling PlayStation 2 titles last October through its "Only on PSN" program.

We reached out to SCEA for additional information and we'll update this post if we hear back.
    Source Killzone Coming To PSN - News - www.GameInformer.com

Thoughts on this?

Local Drunk

Sucks that it's not going to be in HD but at least they're putting it on PSN.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Death is Awaiting....

I'll buy it just to play it again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Korean Girl Group Groupie

I don't know if $9.99 for a direct port (if that is the way they end up going) is the smartest of moves, or is going to generate a lot of income - or introduce a lot of sales of the sequels when you can probably buy both in their physical format for pretty close to a similar price at some used game store.

I would have probably introduced it for PS+ users for free, day one - and offer a sale on the digital versions of the sequels - but I don't work in Sony's marketing.

The only saving grace for sales would probably be if it has a Platinum, so that the trophy hungry, or people who were on the fence might consider giving it a shot, while boosting their own trophy count in the process.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Plats-O'-War!!

I may get this as I've never played the 1st one.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    I may get this as I've never played the 1st one.
    Yeah me neither.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

#cutformesa

I'd definitely get this if it's got some trophies, but I'll probably get it at some point either way so I can at least play the main three games.

I'm still holding out hope for Killzone and Killzone Liberation in HD, though. Seems like a no-brainer, and yet...

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

mmmm PlayStation 2 Classic the worst that could happen, now all devs will just trow the games direclty as PS2 classics instead on making them on HD with trophies. No buy here i already have my PS2 disc of Killzone, if it was in HD might be another history, thanks for nothing i guess

Chuck Norris Approved.

I may be wrong, it happens not often but every now and then. I thought Killzone was said to be a awful game, had piss poor review's?

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Death is Awaiting....

Quote Originally Posted by Wargazsem View Post
    I may be wrong, it happens not often but every now and then. I thought Killzone was said to be a awful game, had piss poor review's?
    Dude, but it's Killzone! You can't go wrong with it + only $10
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

The Last of Us

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    I don't know if $9.99 for a direct port (if that is the way they end up going) is the smartest of moves, or is going to generate a lot of income - or introduce a lot of sales of the sequels when you can probably buy both in their physical format for pretty close to a similar price at some used game store.

I would have probably introduced it for PS+ users for free, day one - and offer a sale on the digital versions of the sequels - but I don't work in Sony's marketing.

The only saving grace for sales would probably be if it has a Platinum, so that the trophy hungry, or people who were on the fence might consider giving it a shot, while boosting their own trophy count in the process.
    The PS2 "classics" section on PS2 works about the same as PS1 classics. Which means no trophies introduced at all, let alone a plat.

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

Vive La Révelation!

As big of a killzone fan that I am, I’m pretty excited to be able to play the game where it started. However I do wish it was in HD
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Chuck Norris Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Schism View Post
    Dude, but it's Killzone! You can't go wrong with it + only $10
    Yea, I can get a blowjob in downtown memphis for 10$, and not like I would know. That could go really wrong.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Lvl 7 - Gold

Maybe for players who haven't played the first one, but bought the second and third KZ. I won't buy it since i played it on the PS2...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Wargazsem View Post
    Don't let a review judge a game. For a game they made in response to Halo, it didn't do as well sales wise. But the game itself was fking fantastic.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

PRO Ninja

Guerrilla Games don't have time to make a HD remake of this game. They are busy with Killzone 4 for PS4.

check my awesome plat list if you dare: CLICK ME!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hmmmm..... I LOVED Killzone2 and 3 and always was hoping they'd comeback with and HD remake of the first one, simply for the story line. Just porting it over seems quite lazy though and I've heard nothing about a Killzone 4 in the works so I guess it's just developers being lazy and trying to generate as much money from their fans as possible.... *cough* MW3 *cough*

Lvl 7 - Gold

Looking for Grimy's n00bs

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskauser View Post
    The PS2 "classics" section on PS2 works about the same as PS1 classics. Which means no trophies introduced at all, let alone a plat.
    I agree with Kaoskauser on this one - I would also like to state that the majority of people that buy games for home systems could care less about trophies/achievements. It's a sad statement, but true one.

avatar and sig by the awesome kid420247

Lvl 7 - Gold

I bought mine from amazon for 0,01£, with only 2£ for shipping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast