Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Toughest Boss fight ever!?

This is a discussion on Toughest Boss fight ever!? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA NGS2 - Elizabet! On master ninja she is the toughest boss to beat... I thought the ...

Royal Flush X2

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    NGS2 - Elizabet!

On master ninja she is the toughest boss to beat... I thought the ones towards the end were difficult to beat but they are not that hard compared to her.
    If you choose to actually fight her on master level mode than yeah I would say so but there's always the easy way and even easier way to beat her, the eclipse scythe UT and during the 2nd fight, using fiend Genshin body so she can't lay a hit on you. On co-op mode yeah the hardest.

For me I'm going with Mike Tyson, he will eat your children and your controller. Also honorable mention to the Ruby Weapon in FFVII, tons of preparing and only having one character to fight him with to drain 1,000,000 HP.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    If you choose to actually fight her on master level mode than yeah I would say so but there's always the easy way and even easier way to beat her, the eclipse scythe UT and during the 2nd fight, using fiend Genshin body so she can't lay a hit on you. On co-op mode yeah the hardest.
    Yeah Master Ninja mode, the 1st time you meet her... that 2nd fight with the invisible wall

Sig by Smashguy

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by YaNkSxSuPeRiOR View Post
    It's not even close for me.

On Resident Evil 5, on Professional. Where you are in the humvee and you have to kill, that thing. You make 1 wrong move you are dead. You don't shoot the zombies that can somehow shoot arrows at you, you die after 4 hits. First time I beat Professional I died 54 times on that level. 2nd time through I had an idea died only 24 times. And every single one of those deaths occured on the boss fight, none in the parts leading up to it.
    I'll agree this was one of my toughest battles too.. Wasn't really hard or anything, but just cheap and shitty. Then I figured I'mma swich to dumbbitch and well pwned it's ass. 0__0 FML.
    Another would prolly been when facing Maneaters for first time... And then again on NG+ for Demon's Souls. Can't remember really how that went. Then I'll go with Orstein on Dark souls powered up o0n NG+ as well.

Least my latest most memerable ones. OH and agree with guy you said Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts...

now reemmeber facing down all the weapons in FF7....
    *jumps to death in Nexus*

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 4 - Silver

For me I'm going with Mike Tyson, he will eat your children and your controller. Also honorable mention to the Ruby Weapon in FFVII, tons of preparing and only having one character to fight him with to drain 1,000,000 HP.
    Ruby is piss weak compared to Emerald.. At level 99 with maxed level materia he was able to wipe my party with one attack. I haven't faced a boss in any game 'til this day that took that much preparing.

Someone said Penance from FFX... If it can be 1 shot with Yojimbo I don't really think that's a challenge :S
    My cousin brought over his memory card a couple of years ago and introduced me to Penance, saying its the toughest boss ever (looking at his 300hr save file and maxed out characters). He honestly couldn't do more than 1,000,000hp worth of damage. I paid Yojimbo 5,555,555 gil. Penance was downed immediately.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Go Blue Jackets!!

Clockwork from sly 1 lol was a lot harder than i thought itd be

Kiwi Defender

Mike Tyson. Hell, just look at how big he is compared to you:

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Royal Flush X2

Quote Originally Posted by flyingturk View Post
    Ruby is piss weak compared to Emerald.. At level 99 with maxed level materia he was able to wipe my party with one attack. I haven't faced a boss in any game 'til this day that took that much preparing.

Someone said Penance from FFX... If it can be 1 shot with Yojimbo I don't really think that's a challenge :S
    My cousin brought over his memory card a couple of years ago and introduced me to Penance, saying its the toughest boss ever (looking at his 300hr save file and maxed out characters). He honestly couldn't do more than 1,000,000hp worth of damage. I paid Yojimbo 5,555,555 gil. Penance was downed immediately.
    When prepared right for Emerald, he's easier as you have all 3 characters to take him out which makes the battle go faster. If you have final attack material mastered combined with phoenix then if he wipe's out your party which he does then you'll party will come back to life. Then having knights of the round mastered with X-summon will get you two in a row and then have the other characters use mime to do the same thing. Characters don't have to be at 99 to beat him. With Ruby it's only one character to beat him with which makes the battle longer so I say Ruby Weapon is harder.

☆ Zzz...Zzz... ☆

Only boss I can think of I had trouble with, and this was a years ago by the way, was Psycho Mantis on Metal Gear Solid. Had no frikken idea how to damage him without him blocking/evading everything, it wasn't till the next day during school it came up in a conversation and some kid smugly explained how to do it, hell even roy campbell kinda makes a remark towards it in a codec conversation during the fight, just didn't take it seriously enough.

Eh, I'll add something else that just came to mind, don't think many people would have done this, yet alone played this game but anyone who has would know how infuriating it can get, doing divine might on FFXI back when it was the 75 cap, fighting tenzen for sea access and doing the ultima/omega fights on the airship just before that I think, and doing all the promyvion's, so basically the whole of chains of promithia and you're forced to do that with other people, couldn't solo that sheet.
    Last edited by Kupo; 01-16-2012 at 10:47 PM.
    ~★|Avatar and Sig made by the amazing Auburn|★~

Lvl 4 - Silver

When prepared right for Emerald, he's easier as you have all 3 characters to take him out which makes the battle go faster. If you have final attack material mastered combined with phoenix then if he wipe's out your party which he does then you'll party will come back to life. Then having knights of the round mastered with X-summon will get you two in a row and then have the other characters use mime to do the same thing. Characters don't have to be at 99 to beat him. With Ruby it's only one character to beat him with which makes the battle longer so I say Ruby Weapon is harder.
    I know everyone has their own opinions so I respect your answer BUT! ..Can you take out Emerald Weapon solo with Cloud? That's another why I think Emerald is way harder than Ruby. No chance beating Emerald solo. I had final attack with phoenix and quadra magic with Knights, that was the only way I could win

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The final boss in Metroid Zero Mission, what a jerk.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    Also Mike Tyson on Mike Tyson's Punch Out for NES (without Game Genie naturally)
    Pssh. Doom beat him without even trying. (Of course it was a glitch as my brother kicked the NES and I got the ending. Easiest game I ever beat.)
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

im gonna agree with some people and say the troll boss from resident evil 5 on hardest difficulty, stormed throught the game, got to that boss and never beat it!!!

Sig and Avy by Alison

Royal Flush X2

Quote Originally Posted by flyingturk View Post
    I know everyone has their own opinions so I respect your answer BUT! ..Can you take out Emerald Weapon solo with Cloud? That's another why I think Emerald is way harder than Ruby. No chance beating Emerald solo. I had final attack with phoenix and quadra magic with Knights, that was the only way I could win
    Why would you take out emerald weapon with one charcter when it can be done with 3 characters unless your trying prove to be hardcore but it doesn't matter as long as the job gets done. With Ruby your forced to be beat him with 1 character so that's why I say it's harder but to each their own.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Emerald weapon was easier than ruby, as said, it's 3 people to beat him whereas ruby is only one. That and his damage was based on how many materia you had equipped.. AND there was an armour that allowed most of his hits to miss anyway, though I can't remember which one it was, all I know is it was the one that you should have used against Ruby, can't remember which one though at the moment.. He was simple, just longwinded. Ruby was a bitch.

edit: pretty sure it was the gigas armlet? something like that...
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Lvl 6 - Silver

Kintaro & Shao Kahn on Mortal Kombat 2, just unbelievable how hard these 2 were, once in a blue moon i could beat Kintaro then Shao Kahn would just mop the floor with me, even on "very easy?"

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Dragon Warrior VII had some pretty brutal bosses, I haven't played in a while so I don't remember the name but there was one on the second disc that prevented me from ever beating the game, I'll have to go back to it one day.

Currently Playing-- Eternal Sonata (PS3), Majora's Mask (N64), Bowser's Inside Story (DS), Darksiders (PS3), Maken X (DC)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think on PROTOTYPE where i had to beat the final boss on hard difficulty. It wasn't just hard but you had a timer. Maybe 4min. or so. I don't even remember. I died a few times but eventually i killed that bitch lol.

Lvl 6 - Silver

one i totally forgot, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - fighting Kazdan Paratus on Sith Master difficulty, just ridiculously hard

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Agreed God Rugal has to be the most insanely hard fighting game boss ever! I scoff at those who bitch about Seth!

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeGR View Post
    I'd say the toughest boss fight(s) were have to be God Rugal & Shin Goki playing on Level 8 difficulty mode ( you'll learn REALLY fast at this level after over a hundred deaths, lol)

[IMG][/IMG]

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

MGS1 - Ocelot's Torture, Extreme difficulty. Your arm will HATE you afterwards.

MGS2 - RAY battle, Extreme difficulty. 25 Metal Gear RAYs. All out for your blood, and extremely limited supplies. The only thing worse, is surviving and making it to Solidus' strangulation torture after with little health.

Devil May Cry 3 [Original] Cerberus - The only reason I list him? He's the first damn boss, and if you were playing the original US version of this game - you probably didn't advance much further without cranking down the difficulty unless you were pretty damn good at the series.

Honorable mention to Rugal in KoF 2000, God Rugal in SvC2, and the Endless Setlist II in Rock Band 2 on Expert.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast