Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD Coming

This is a discussion on Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD Coming within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; For those of you happy with the Stranger's Wrath HD glorify... Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD coming Q2, see Munch's new ...

DON'T BLINK

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD Coming

For those of you happy with the Stranger's Wrath HD glorify...

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD coming Q2, see Munch's new model | Joystiq

Just Add Water, the developer responsible for bringing Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath back to life in high definition, will be releasing its HD remake of Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee by the end of Q2, according to the dev's Twitter account.

As our more crotchety readers will surely remember, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee was a launch title for the original Xbox, as well as the second chapter in the tragically unfinished Oddworld pentalogy. At the moment, all we have is the announcement, a logo and a small image of Munch's updated character model (which you can see after the break), but rest assured that we'll be on this like Sligs on a Mudokon.

Prayer Warrior

i'm excited to revisit this title in HD. i'll definitely be picking this one up.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

MK Plat = Overrated

Your thread inspired me to look up the game on YouTube. Oh man. This one is cute. Stranger's Wrath wasn't nearly as cute as this game. I look forward to it.

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    Your thread inspired me to look up the game on YouTube. Oh man. This one is cute. Stranger's Wrath wasn't nearly as cute as this game. I look forward to it.
    One of my faves in the series.

Kiwi Defender

Hurray, more games I couldn't play due to not owning an Xbox getting re-released !

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Ice Cream Firefighter

Dont think I ever played Munch's Oddysee but I remember & love Abe's Oddysee lol: hey, follow me, wait, grrrgh & the farting oh & leading your mates straight into the mincers lmao should be worth having a look

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 9 - Gold

I never played Munch's Oddysee either, so I'll check it out somewhere down the line. I'm still debating whether to buy Stranger's Wrath.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    Dont think I ever played Munch's Oddysee but I remember & love Abe's Oddysee lol: hey, follow me, wait, grrrgh & the farting oh & leading your mates straight into the mincers lmao
    totally agree with you on that one man.that game was great along with abes exodus.now if they did that id be all over it like a cheap suit,it would be awesome.but this.......meh,im not really fussed about it.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 6 - Silver

'second in the pentology' - third surely? Abe's Oddysey, Abe's Exoddus, then Munch's... wasn't it?

They're also meant to be redoing the original Abe's, so at some point or other i will be picking all of these up as the original games were amazing, but never played anything after exoddus..
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

MK Plat = Overrated

With all of this Oddworld talk going on, I figured I'd look up on Wiki what other news about the series. Apparently, Abe's Exodus is part two to Odyssey. It isn't part two in the penology. The same goes with Stranger's Wrath. That isn't even part of the story at all. Also, there is supposed to be a part two of Munch's story.

Hopefully, the remakes will spark new life into the series. The companies responsible for development said they are working on a new title as well as HD remakes of the first two. I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

Lvl 6 - Silver

^ interesting stuff, thanks, I didn't realise that it wasn't part of the story so to speak. Great series though, can't wait for the hd
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [