Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your motivation to collect Trophies? *for an article*

This is a discussion on Your motivation to collect Trophies? *for an article* within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Because the majority of us here have an obsessive compulsive tendency to get all the trophies. Let's face it, we ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Because the majority of us here have an obsessive compulsive tendency to get all the trophies. Let's face it, we don't get anything for them (money, games, credit on PSN), we just do it to get that platinum or 100%.

And i don't mean it in a bad way - a lot of the trophies are fun challenges and there is a sense of satisfaction in completing the game to get the platinum, but there are also people who will spend hours and hours getting some trophies because there are trophies to get for the game, like the ones for mortal kombat where you need to play each character for 24 hours, or games where you need 10,000 kills online. it comes down to a balance between having fun, being a completionist, but also knowing when to say f**k the platinum, it ain't worth wasting my time.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Shap1r0 View Post
    Usually to keep enjoying the game, though I can become a bit obsessed to complete something.
    I also like it since it gives a sense of accomplishment to complete everything there is.

Btw, which game website is it for?
    GamePlay Nation | Game Nieuws | Reviews | Trailers | 100% gaming society

It's Dutch.

Lvl 6 - Silver

i like to collect trophies to have more to do in the game, i've always liked trying to finish games that i like, 100% for that sense of accomplishment, and now trophies give us that goal to work towards and they offer proof to other people that you've done some of the hard as hell things.

Mini Ninja

My motivation is similar to what others have already stated. I love how trophies give games a level of replayability. I'm a fan of the Uncharted series, but if there weren't any trophies, I'd never bother trying to beat the games on crushing difficulty. Trophies like that make me want to challenge myself as a gamer. I also like to collect things, and shiny trophies appeal to my squirrel-like tendencies.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123