View Poll Results: So do you think that the hardest difficulty should be available straight away?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. You should have to play on normal before the hardest difficulty

12 20.69%
  • Yes. I don't want to replay the whole game again, just for one trophy.

46 79.31%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Difficulty Levels

This is a discussion on Difficulty Levels within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; i want the highest difficulty availabel. not like Bayonetta that i am playing i have to finish it 3 times ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

i want the highest difficulty availabel. not like Bayonetta that i am playing i have to finish it 3 times to get the (now 4 times as my hard disk died and didn't have any backup)

No Matter What

I would prefer if we had the hardest difficulty first, because I would've platinum'd Uncharted 2.
    The worst thing is I finally got to chapter 25 and it glitched so I couldn't beat the level. fml

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Platinum Dohvakiin

Personally I always thought that if you were going to offer a "hard" difficulty or something harder than hard. Like Infinity Climax in Bayonetta or Crushing ion Uncharted. That it should be offered from the get go. Uncharted always pisses me off, because I have to play it twice. And I'm sorry I was never googly-eyes in love with Uncharted in the first place. And replaying a platformer to me. Is a complete waste of time. But Bayonetta does take the top spot as. The most redundant and retarded difficulty non-stacking game of all time. Because with Uncharted you only have to play it twice. Bayonetta makes you play it once on normal to unlock hard then bet hard to unlock Infinity Climax. Which is just down right atrocious and cheap. By the time you get to I.C. you either are bored or already hate the game.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by snakebit10 View Post
    Even though I voted yes, I sometimes start on the hardest difficulty and sometimes I don't. Depending on the mood I am in for playing. Depending on the game I sometimes don't mind a second play through.
    This sums up how I feel about the whole subject. It all depends on how I feel, and the game I'm playing.

Resident PHD

I voted yes because if you want to get the plat in one go then great, but if you don't feel you are good enough for the hardest difficulty you can still play on an easier ones and then go for the hardest on the second playthrough.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 4 - Silver

I voted yes, it could be worst where your given all difficulties at first but they do not stack and your forced to play the game 3 times like Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and Two Thrones.

The Deathly Rhythm

Some games u have to play on normal before hard like Killzone 2 and 3 and other games, but I like playing the game on hard first because it makes the story longer and trophy stacks
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i play thru on normal and if i like the game i finish it again on the hardest setting thats just how its always been for me

Platinum Procrastinator

I hate games that force multiple playthroughs upon you. I'm looking at you Uncharted series! I think all the difficulties should be unlocked from the start and the trophies should stack. However, I also think trophies have ruined the way we play games as well, but that's another topic.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 9 - Gold

I prefer normal, if itīs fun I play again. If stats/items/upgrades carry over and itīs fun I play trice.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 7 - Gold

The hardest setting should be available off the bat, and completing the game on that setting should unlock any lesser difficulty trophies. Nothing aggrieves me more than a game I beat on hard that doesn't give me the easy and medium trophies.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

The One and Only

I'd rather have the possibility to get difficulty trophies in one playthrough than have to have at minimum more than one. Makes the game more boring after a while :/

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 7 - Gold

Sure, doesn't bother me in any way, shape or form. I don't usually play on Hard, or anything above Normal. If it's supposed to be a hard game, I play on Easy, if a game is a little too easy, I bump it up to Normal. Basically, I would love this idea, doesn't bother me. So why shouldn't it be an option?
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

I have no care one way or the other, but I voted "No." Mainly because I feel like the reason they do that is NOT to "force" [Not really a good choice of words, since no one is really forcing you to do anything - Trophies are purely a choice] multiple playthroughs, but rather, to give people a chance to play the game without getting stuck or frustrated and then, consequentially, hating the game because they can't beat it.

That kind of formula has been used for ages, and no one ever complained about it.

You essentially playthrough once, learn the game, and then, if you want, you go through again at a higher difficulty, and have a much more fun time doing so.

Honestly, I always preferred one of the older ways of handling it - "Game B" - where you would beat the game on whatever difficulty was default, then, when you start up a new game, it's actually different - enemies are placed differently, items change, platforms and pits change, etc. It basically becomes a new game.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Depends, I like games like Dead Space 2 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma that unlock new challenges for more replays, it's good value for kash.

I can see how it would annoy you if you just wanted a certain trophy though.

Lvl 6 - Silver

since im a trophy hunter...of course id vote yes. something to make my hunting easier? and possibly shave off another 5 to 20 hours of gameplay that i JUST did? yea why not. if your going to offer a harder difficulty at all, offer it at the beginning, simple as that. personally, i love games with just one setting of difficulty, the game can obviously get progressively harder at some points but, it just makes life easier for everyone really.

Closing this account

i said no. i am not really a hunter or a whore for trophies but i do enjoy seeing an enemy go down in one hit or be able to clear a level with infinite health or powers.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Sometimes yes but most of the time no. I think its easier the second time through since you already know what to do. In a game like Fallout, there are alot of unnecessary things you know you can can skip. It adds a bit of replay value too, and sometimes the impossible difficulty is just too hard and may cause you to judge the game differently.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Yes, they should. I played through DS2 three times for the plat and would do it again, however.

PRO Member

A lot of the people saying no, are saying the same thing. If they're not a trophy hunter, then they vote no.
    But by saying yes, their game won't be effected in any way. Just because the hardest difficulty is unlocked straight away, that doesn't stop you from choosing easy and playing it how you want to... It just enables more people to play it how they want to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast