Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

IGN's 2011 GOTY is...

This is a discussion on IGN's 2011 GOTY is... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Ps360 Overall - Best of 2011 - IGN what the fuck it's like i fell through a ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Overall - Best of 2011 - IGN

what the fuck

it's like i fell through a time/dimension hole and im in a alternate universe where IGN Is actually intelligent with their opinions

(CATHERINE FOR BEST STORY? UMVC3 FOR BEST FIGHTER? MW3 RECIEVED NO AWARDS?! This isn't the IGN I hated)
    Best Fighting Game should have been KOFXIII since i didn't really expect that it will be so much better than it's predecessor but i respect that UMvC3 wins it since it's also a great Fighting Game

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Overall - Best of 2011 - IGN

what the fuck

it's like i fell through a time/dimension hole and im in a alternate universe where IGN Is actually intelligent with their opinions

(CATHERINE FOR BEST STORY? UMVC3 FOR BEST FIGHTER? MW3 RECIEVED NO AWARDS?! This isn't the IGN I hated)
    Mortal Kombat was DEFINETELY better than UMVC3
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

DIABLO 3 - Peka#2749

Right choices by IGN? The world changes...

PRO Member

I don't really agree with the Catherine Nomination for Best Story. Its not a bad nomination though, I just don't think it was the best.

I really disagree with the Skyrim thing, but thats mostly on my principles. A game that buggy shouldn't be rewarded.

I'm actually somewhat upset as to where DE:HR is on this list... I.E. isn't.

Other than that though, I can agree with the rest of the list. Not what I'd pick, but they aren't bad picks.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Retired TGT Member

That guy sounds exactly like Seth Green.

Was there an easy way to view all the winners in one list? Having to click every single category was annoying.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Well not bad actually portal 2 is pretty good candidate anyway. IMO Batman AC should win the GOTY.

BUT THIS IS:

Catherine Nomination for Best Story
    B****S**** IMO. The best story in year 2011 without competition is AC:Revelation.
    Last edited by iraqoz; 01-19-2012 at 09:23 AM.
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

The Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by kratos06 View Post
    WTF IGN, Batman Arkham City deserved it, not Portal 2, it was a good game, but other games besides Batman AC deseved also too
    I agree with you personally, but I can't really argue with Portal 2, either. Fantastic game and probably the BEST. MULTIPLAYER. EVER. Contrast that with the fact that Batman had so much more depth, especially considering the DLC characters, and it's a tough call.

I absolutely loved the way they did the reveal, though.

member since Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Lol pretty cool video, I did for a moment think they also picked Skyrim, but no
    Yeah, till the portal opened up and the dragon flew through it, I thought Skyrim.
    I think IGN did Skyrim wrong doing what they did in the video. And the winner is... Skyr...wait, it's Portal 2, we changed our mind.

PRO Member

Should've been Zelda IMO but whatever

Sig by Smashguy

Go Blue Jackets!!

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    Should've been Zelda IMO but whatever
    Zelda should've won. No franchise other than Zelda, can continue making fantastic sequels giving gamers the same feeling to it, but something new that makes each zelda game special.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Regardless of how many bugs you suffered and how many of them I didn't (or viceversa), the game's as broken as every other Bethesda game. You can't simply ignore how many problems the game has and praise it as the best game ever. It's broken and not well-done, simple as that.
    Skyrim is definitely not on the same level as any of its predecessors (And that cluster-fuck Fallout 3) in terms of bugs, it's an improvement (Not massive). Yes, there are still bugs, but not as many or bad as any other title. Also, when did I ignore the problems and praise it as the best game ever?

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    In all honesty, i have played skyrim in total for 170 hours and the game crashed on me four times in that 170 hours. Three of the times it crashed was when Autosave was turned on. The lag issue is annoying but didn't make the game unplayable for me. As for the broken quests, i only found one, which was the thieves quild armor (not really a broken quest).
    Try telling that to Nag.

Hidden Saint

Well, Portal and Arkham City are my choices, but I think it's deserved. I loved Portal 2, and I agree with them. It's the best of 2011... no doubts!

deviantART
    Check pieces I do on Photoshop

Thunder's Checklist
    Make your opinion about my checklist

The Thundercloud
    Request me some art [closed by now]

Avatar and signature by apokolypz
    Platinum bar by me, request on my shop

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWLZilla View Post
    Zelda should've won. No franchise other than Zelda, can continue making fantastic sequels giving gamers the same feeling to it, but something new that makes each zelda game special.
    Finally!! Something we can both agree on

Sig by Smashguy

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by LAWLZilla View Post
    People love Zelda games ebcause they are all the same, just like with Mario games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylo View Post
    Skyrim is definitely not on the same level as any of its predecessors (And that cluster-fuck Fallout 3) in terms of bugs, it's an improvement (Not massive). Yes, there are still bugs, but not as many or bad as any other title. Also, when did I ignore the problems and praise it as the best game ever?
    I'm not sure about how many one has and how many the others had, but the are still many bugs and glitches in the game.

The last part wasn't directed at you specifically, but at many others (like Kertwat) who say it should be GOTY and who praise the game as one of the best ever. I was generalizing.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

-i- love myself.

This was a epic video, it tricked me! Haven't got around on playing Portal 2 yet but hope to soon.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    I don't really agree with the Catherine Nomination for Best Story. Its not a bad nomination though, I just don't think it was the best.

I really disagree with the Skyrim thing, but thats mostly on my principles. A game that buggy shouldn't be rewarded.

I'm actually somewhat upset as to where DE:HR is on this list... I.E. isn't.

Other than that though, I can agree with the rest of the list. Not what I'd pick, but they aren't bad picks.

everyone knows the best Awards show is going to be the /v/GA's

http://vidyagameawards.com/voting.php

PRO Member

People love Zelda games ebcause they are all the same, just like with Mario games.
    True, cuz some games should not be changed

Sig by Smashguy

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    True, cuz some games should not be changed
    Of course, unless you actually like new stuff and you're not dull or a fanboy (or both).

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Of course, unless you actually like new stuff and you're not dull or a fanboy (or both).
    LOL I like new stuff, and you know I'm not dull

Sig by Smashguy

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast