Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

IGN's 2011 GOTY is...

This is a discussion on IGN's 2011 GOTY is... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Although Arkham City was my GOTY, 2nd place is definitely reserved for Portal 2. Very awesome game....

Buy my book, Alteration

Although Arkham City was my GOTY, 2nd place is definitely reserved for Portal 2. Very awesome game.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    LOL I like new stuff, and you know I'm not dull
    Then why do you believe in the game-killing "If it's not broken, don't fix it" sentence ?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

There's plenty of new IPs out there so nothing wrong with some series like Zelda sticking to tradition, though as far as I could see from vids it looks pretty different to OOT, Windwaker and Twilight Princess.

As for Skyrim, it's buggy, has less features than previous games in the series and little thought was put into the character leveling.

It's still a fun simple game, I like chopping through bears with my Orc berserker, but it's too unpolished and messy for GOTY, especially when we had so many polished and complete games released in 2011.

It's unfair on the devs who put that high level of care into their games to be overshadowed by Skyrim just because it has a large sandbox area.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Then why do you believe in the game-killing "If it's not broken, don't fix it" sentence ?

PRO Member

Few games don't need to be changed but things need/should be added in the next game, such as weapons, new characters etc.
    For example, AC games haven't had a big change as the series progressed and I'd like it to stay that way... The changes in Soul Calibur are huge and gets annoying! The last SC was a mess imo and I hope SCV goes back to it's original style, Soul Blade.. which was the best in the series!

I guess it depends if the changes fails or not and in some games it does.

Sig by Smashguy

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Haven't tried it, and I won't believe it sucks just because /v/ hates it. Also, change doesn't always work well, but doesn't make it inheritely bad.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Also, change doesn't always work well, but doesn't make it inheritely bad.
    I think like most things, it can be good, it can be bad and it can also be subjective.

I preferred the first AC and the first Mass Effect, didn't like the changes in the sequels so lost interest in both series, everyone else is loving them though so I can't say the change was bad it just didn't suit me.

I still don't think Zelda and Mario games are mindless rehashes though, Mario 3D Land looks really fun and totally different to Mario 64 and the Nes\Snes games. Skyward Sword also looks pretty unique in its setting and the sword controls look fun, I would like to get a Wii to try it out.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by HugeGremlins View Post
    I think like most things, it can be good, it can be bad and it can also be subjective.

I preferred the first AC and the first Mass Effect, didn't like the changes in the sequels so lost interest in both series, everyone else is loving them though so I can't say the change was bad it just didn't suit me.

I still don't think Zelda and Mario games are mindless rehashes though, Mario 3D Land looks really fun and totally different to Mario 64 and the Nes\Snes games. Skyward Sword also looks pretty unique in its setting and the sword controls look fun, I would like to get a Wii to try it out.
    Agreed. You must get a Wii... One of the reasons I got one was to play Zelda Twilight Princess and the Wii sports boxing is awesome!

Sig by Smashguy

MMA Fan Extraordinaire

My favorite goty was arham city, but I think portal 2 will be a future purchase for me after the many accolades it has received from various publications. Since I'm not into rpgs, I won't be picking up skyrim. Sure, I may be missing out on an excellent game, but it just isn't for me.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God." John 1:1

Current playing: WWE '13 and Borderlands (yes still playing the first one)
    Up Next: Who the heck knows? I'm busy!

INTJ

Haven't tried it, and I won't believe it sucks just because /v/ hates it. Also, change doesn't always work well, but doesn't make it inheritely bad.

Metroid other M is the equivalent of star wars episode 1

Legend...Nuff Said

Bad choice as it should have been Uncharted 3 or Skyward Sword. Apparently a 10, aka as perfect as you can get, does not equal game of the year. But I'm not surprised. Its not like the site has any journalistic integrity.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Doom only respects Doom's opinion and the GOTY should've been UMvC3. >.>

This message totally wasn't endorsed by Capcom nor Marvel and the good folks at HDNet. When you need HD...go with HDNet.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom View Post
    [/b]Doom only respects Doom's opinion and the GOTY should've been UMvC3.[/b] >.>

This message totally wasn't endorsed by Capcom nor Marvel and the good folks at HDNet. When you need HD...go with HDNet.
    No, MK got Fighting GOTY cuz it deserved it... UMVC3 didn't come anywhere close to MK! Missions were awesome.. but I enjoyed MVC3 better!

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 9 - Gold

I completely agree with the choice.
    Portal 2 has been one of the best experiences in videogames to me, ever.
    Skyrim just....I don't know....I didn't really like it that much. At least not better than Portal 2 in my opinion.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

No Matter What

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom View Post
    Doom only respects Doom's opinion and the GOTY should've been UMvC3. >.>

I love HDNet, they have so many awesome shows. Especially on Thursday and Saturday!

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

Metroid other M is the equivalent of star wars episode 1
    I'm pretty sure you linked that before and I watched it, but I can't really trust an abridged video of a game, specially when edited in such a way to make it look like shit, because even if the game is actual shit, this doesn't give me a real glimpse of how shitty it is.

Quote Originally Posted by HugeGremlins View Post

I have to admit that Skyward Sword isn't a total rehash due to the implemented Wii controls which seem to have been made with actual quality in mind, but then again, you still visit 4-6 temples, get an item in each of them, defeat the boss with said item and then visit the big bad guy in his evil castle to rescue a chick.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 1 - Bronze

should have ben either sr3 skyrim or bf3

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by xero21 View Post
    Best Fighting Game should have been KOFXIII since i didn't really expect that it will be so much better than it's predecessor but i respect that UMvC3 wins it since it's also a great Fighting Game

Is only super duper great when you compare to previous installment that was SH!T. Otherwise , just great, but just great is good enough.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by frince101 View Post
    should have ben either sr3 skyrim or bf3
    I cannot agree with you on Battlefield 3. My friend and I played it for hours on end at his house. And honestly (do not get mad at me for this) BF3 simply just feels like a COD clone. They took awaywhat was good from the series just to try and take COD down, but they failed. The multiplayer is a hell of a lot of fun, unfortaunetly we played through the single player as well. My friend was loving it because all he plays is FPS's and sports games, but imo it was bad. It seemed kinda boring to me. And I do not know if it was just his copy, but there were bugs and glitchs everywhere. Like for example, stretching bodies and people stuck in walls. IMO Battlefield 3 was a good COD. I don't think it deserves to even be nominated for Goty, but it definetly deserves some respect for the multipayer.

Sig by Bladia

Go Blue Jackets!!

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    Finally!! Something we can both agree on
    <3 nintendo for life

People love Zelda games ebcause they are all the same, just like with Mario games.
    I hate when people say that.

Uncharted 1, 2, 3, and most likely GA are all the same yet they all get rave reviews... same with almost any Sony franchise. And they add little to nothing to most sequels. At least nintendo adds new gameplay to every one of there main games (like mario galaxy/super paper mario)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast