Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

IGN's 2011 GOTY is...

This is a discussion on IGN's 2011 GOTY is... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by noobsauce2010 I can agree with some extent that ign gets a few games here and there wrong.. ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by noobsauce2010 View Post
    I can agree with some extent that ign gets a few games here and there wrong.. but mostly on the console lists themselves. like last year heavy rain got ps3 goty and imo.. the game wasn't very good.. it didn't feel like I "played" it.. isn't that the point of a game? Yeah..graphics were amazing and the decision making and consequences were great..but it still should not have won.
    Well in the end you can't have an accurate list of which game is the best since it's all mostly subjective, even a buggy broken game can be amazing to someone who is new to gaming.

But yeah putting Heavy Rain above other games that year seems a bit weird, I played the demo and it was fun enough, maybe they felt they wanted to reward a game that was trying something different.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by HugeGremlins View Post
    Well in the end you can't have an accurate list of which game is the best since it's all mostly subjective, even a buggy broken game can be amazing to someone who is new to gaming.

But yeah putting Heavy Rain above other games that year seems a bit weird, I played the demo and it was fun enough, maybe they felt they wanted to reward a game that was trying something different.
    No you can't. I'm assuming you are referring to Skyrim when you say buggy and broken? Because I found it amazing although it was buggy and broken. But i've been gaming for like 9 years now. I guess it was because I experienced almost none of the glitches and had no experience with the mysterious file size frame-rate drop bug other ps3 owners were dealing with.

Edit- it is a bit funny though, because portal 2 is a "pc" game. It was created on an engine intended for pc and not consoles and was not given "pc goty".

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Na I was just generalizing.

Skyrim is a bit buggy but it's not broken exactly (PS3 version is meant to break if we play it too long, I got about 40 hours and it's fine though), it was underwhelming for me because I played all the games that came before it, but if I had played it back when I was 15 or so I would have loved it like crazy.

edit - oh and it's the least buggy game they have released up to now, Daggerfall still holds the world record for patches released I think

I don't like some of the decisions they made with the game, but it's a much more polished game than Oblivion and they improved the animations so that they finally look respectable, I think it's set a positive standard for their next games.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Although I don't own it, I think Portal 2 is a fun game but there are others that are more deserving. Only ones I disagree with is GOTY and sports game.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Ive never played but I gotta check this out I guess now

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456