E3 2012 Official Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on E3 2012 Official Discussion Thread within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; E3 is one of the largest video game conventions and expositions in the world. Many new titles are not only ...

Scotch and Pain Killers

E3 2012 Official Discussion Thread

E3 is one of the largest video game conventions and expositions in the world. Many new titles are not only released at or near the date of E3 but many video games are announced with first trailers and demos. Many consoles and handheld gaming devices are also debuted at E3. No matter what is debuted, what companies, production studios and prominent individuals are present, E3 is an exciting opportunity to see the latest goings on in the video gaming world.
    I know E3 doesn't begin until around June, but there's no time like the present for discussion. What kind of Announcements are you hoping to hear, which games are you wanting to be shown off, any particular game you have in mind, which you'd like to be revealed? There are plenty of options for conversation, so feel free to post your thoughts. I will be updating the thread with news leading up to E3 and beyond.

Contents

Gaming News
    Latest Trailers
    Hardware News

--------

Gaming News

Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance Playable at E3 2012

In a special feature with Famitsu, Kojima revealed that Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, now being developed by Platinum Games, will be playable at at the June trade show.

The Famitsu feature is a conversation between Kojima and Platinum Games' CEO Tatsuya Minami and producer Atsushi Inaba.
    Pre-E3 Trailers

Hardware News

No Xbox 720 Announcement

In an interview with Gamespot, Microsoft Marketing Director, Jose Pinero, outlines the firm's plans to draw out the lifespan of the current XBOX 360, notably with the Kinect gaming system: 'At the moment we don't have anything to announce. What we have seen with the XBOX 360 is that Kinect has extended the life of the console.'

'Typically, historically, in the sixth or seventh year, console sales start flatlining or going down because it's the end of the product's life. With us launching the Kinect a little over a year ago, what we saw was a resurgence in the 360, it makes the 360 a brand new console. If you think about the Kinect, the new dashboard and GUI we launched in November, it's like having a brand new console.'
    No PS4 Announcement

This week Sony said that it has no plans to make any console-related announcements during the show. In fact, Sony plans to ride out the 10-year life cycle of the current console, the PlayStation 3. which made its American debut back in 2006.

“I’ve always said a 10-year life cycle for PS3, and there is no reason to go away from that," said Kaz Hirai, who oversees Sony’s gaming and consumer electronics division, during a roundtable event at the Consumer Electronics Show.
    Final Wii U format will be revealed

Nintendo global president Satoru Iwata mentioned Wii U. "We are also planning to launch the Wii U, which is the successor to the Wii, during the next fiscal year. We would like to show the final format of the Wii U at the E3 show next year," Iwata said.
    Last edited by BountyHunterInc; 01-20-2012 at 02:05 AM.

Retired

I'd love for a trailer for Bully 2!

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

I hope we get a Ratchet and Clank HD Collection

The Bushiest Pig

My list:

Demo, info and release date announcement for the following games: GTA5, The Last of Us, Call of Duty 9, Medal of Honor 2

Maybe some Rainbow 6 Patriots stuff

ANNOUNCEMENTS

To see if Sony will hold true to the "no PS4 announcment".

Info, release dates and demos for the following VITA games: Killzone, Call of Duty, Twisted Metal: Ultimate Sweet Version.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    I hope we get a Ratchet and Clank HD Collection

I already have the tissues on standby.

....doubt they'll last 5 months though, to be honest...

PRO Member

I'm most excited for some information and gameplay of The Last of Us, GTA V and Rainbow 6: Patriots. I'm also hoping that some information is shed on a new Splinter Cell game (Rumoured to be called Retribution). I'm also not an Xbox fan at all but if any information is released about the next Xbox, that will certainly be interesting as it will give us some reference for what the PS4 could be like.

Of course I'm also excited for the Sony Press Conference, I've always enjoyed watching those and can't wait to see what Kaz announces/discusses and bring back Kevin Butler again damn it! .

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Scotch and Pain Killers

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    Demo, info and release date announcement for the following games: GTA5, The Last of Us, Call of Duty 9, Medal of Honor 2.
    I can defintely see information being revealed about all of those titles. E3 is the largest, and best games convention of the year. Developers will want to show off their pride and joy there.

I will be updating the main post with trailers leading up to E3 as well, such as the newly released Resident Evil 6.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Bully 2 and FFX HD News Please!!

PRO Member

Hmmm I'd like to see someone grab the shenmue franchise and finish it but I doubt thats gonna happen though i said that for twisted metal too a mate and look what happened ..also a new suikoden or wild arms that were major rpgs on the ps2 but are yet too make it onto the ps3 would be awesome!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Seems that Eggplante! has a pretty awesome writeup (already!) of what they expect to go on this year. Love their coverage because it feels like I'm there more than the usual IGN stuff, and I tend to agree with their opinions (except maybe they don't review enough PS3 stuff, but hopefully that changes with the Vita)!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

All I want to see is a Big VITA price drop, some gameplay from the last of us and sly 4, and maybe a god of war 4 announcement.

Legend...Nuff Said

I want an announcement or something on Persona 5 and a new Suikoden game.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Local Drunk

I just want info and release dates on GTA V and The Last Of Us.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies