Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Rumor: PS4 to release in November

This is a discussion on Rumor: PS4 to release in November within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; @ ARTEMISTHEMP Microsoft doesn't get Blu-Ray as Sony invented it. And how is it tonight? It's the 20th in America, ...

Deathless Destroyer

@ ARTEMISTHEMP

Microsoft doesn't get Blu-Ray as Sony invented it. And how is it tonight? It's the 20th in America, which is the 21st in Australia. That's more than 12 hours at least until the meeting starts, and who knows how long it'll go for.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm so excited about this!

This will be the first ever console generation where I actually have a job, so I will be able to pay for it myself! No asking parents for permission!

And hopefully, this time around I can organise all my friends to buy a PS4 so we can game together on the same system.

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    @ ARTEMISTHEMP

Microsoft doesn't get Blu-Ray as Sony invented it. And how is it tonight? It's the 20th in America, which is the 21st in Australia. That's more than 12 hours at least until the meeting starts, and who knows how long it'll go for.
    Actually Sony could win on letting M$ use Blue-ray, since M$ would have to pay Sony for each Xbox Infinity consol and same goes with Games

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Assuming it's similar to XBL, we'll have basic online access to the PS store, PSN profile, friends etc and *maybe* access to online MP (to differentiate the SEN from XBL and maintain customer loyalty), but streaming PS3 games, cloud storage, PS+ freebies etc will require a fee.
    I do hope this turns out to be true. Their current model of PS Plus is great. Allowing people to access most online features for free, but giving users a great bang for their buck if they subscribe.

If we end up having to pay to play online I'll probably wait for a serious price drop before getting the console or stick to singleplayer only. If they decide to go down this route then they need to support countries that aren't supported by PSN now and there are a lot of them.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisthemp View Post
    Looking ad Xbox Gold.
    This is one of the reason 360 became the big loser this generation. (Don't belive me? Look ad Japanese sales charts).
    Compared to Playstation, Xbox has significantly less success in Japan. It is not, however, a reliable aggregate for assessing global adoption rates. In western countries, Microsoft's Xbox 360 fairs much better, and is much more popular for online play.

"Among video game systems used for online gaming, Xbox 360 has the highest percentage of use (54%) followed by PS3 (45%). Among video game systems used for online gaming, Xbox 360 has the highest percentage of use (54%) followed by PS3 (45%)." - NDP Group

Xbox are not the "big loser this generation" by any stretch. That said, Sony has been retaking ground with PS+.

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    @ ARTEMISTHEMP

Microsoft really have no choice but to adopt the blu-ray format. The Playstation 3's biggest selling point over wasit's capacity to function as a home entertainment media hub, something that Microsoft will need to challenge in the next generation.

Lvl 7 - Gold

That Controller looks horrible! Not believing anything until the 11pm launch of whatever it is. Still going to laugh hard if its something to do with the Vita.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Compared to Playstation, Xbox has significantly less success in Japan. It is not, however, a reliable aggregate for assessing global adoption rates. In western countries, Microsoft's Xbox 360 fairs much better, and is much more popular for online play.

"Among video game systems used for online gaming, Xbox 360 has the highest percentage of use (54%) followed by PS3 (45%). Among video game systems used for online gaming, Xbox 360 has the highest percentage of use (54%) followed by PS3 (45%)." - NDP Group

Xbox are not the "big loser this generation" by any stretch. That said, Sony has been retaking ground with PS+.

Microsoft really have no choice but to adopt the blu-ray format. The Playstation 3's biggest selling point over wasit's capacity to function as a home entertainment media hub, something that Microsoft will need to challenge in the next generation.
    When was last time 360 got a good Exclsuive JRPG?

The Old Guy

$429 and $529?!?! Really, Sony? Didn't you learn anything????

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ONUOsFan View Post
    $429 and $529?!?! Really, Sony? Didn't you learn anything????
    So that's translate into €529 or 707.998 USD for the most expensive version in EU

PRO Member

I'm more interested in what they DON'T tell us today (6pm EST), and if they'll be holding some information back for E3, or to smother a Microsoft announcement with.

We all know they're going to show off the console, yet I'm more interested in features, usability, policies, and games than the hardware.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

WHO DAT!!!!

i have only one question......when can i preorder mine from GAMESTOP???? but i am still pumped about my red ps3 in March 10!!!!

Digital Terror

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12