Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rumor: PS4 to release in November

This is a discussion on Rumor: PS4 to release in November within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Source: The PS4 Will Be Out This November, And You'll Be Able To Control It With Your Phone A reliable ...

Drunken Nights

Rumor: PS4 to release in November

Source: The PS4 Will Be Out This November, And You'll Be Able To Control It With Your Phone

A reliable Kotaku source has informed us that the PlayStation 4, codenamed Orbis, will be out this November in the United States.
    Our source the same reliable source who back in early 2012 told us the codename for Sony's next console and the codename for Microsoft's next consoletells us that there are two models planned for the new machine, and that pricing won't be announced until later this year, possibly around E3. The current plan, our source says, is to release them at $429 and $529, but that could change.

New information revealed by our source suggests that on top of all that, you'll also be able to control the PS4 remotely from your tablet or smartphone. You'll be able to use a mobile device to chat with your PS4 friends or buy games which are then automatically downloaded to your machine, our source says.

Orbis is also following the path first set by Xbox Live: our source says "most" of the PS4's online features will require a premium subscription to use. Sony's new online service will be called PlayStation World, our source says, replacing PlayStation Plus.

PRO Member

We'll find out tomorrow!

-i- love myself.

I'll just wait and see tomorrow.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I don't like the sound of that "Playstation World" :/

Lvl 9 - Gold

enough with rumours.

The OFFICIAL announcements should be revealed tomorrow. I'm guessing it will come winter 2013 in Japan usually does. Then early 2014 everywhere else.

VitaUnlocked

Stupid rumours . Concrete information needed. Find out tomorrow I guess.

Noob Member

Lol it's already February 20 here!

Up the Irons!

As others have stated, we'll just have to wait until tomorrow.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 5 - Silver

Sony is smart, giving your costumers options rather than paths is smart, we'll see all this tomorrow, Also I do believe they will release it first on USA, just watch Ps Vita launch, they learn from their mistakes or so I hope so
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

illegal in 9 countries

Sony has stated they're focusing on PS+ for the next few years, so these rumours sound pretty accurate.

They've also proven PS+ to be fantastic value for consumers. PlayStation World would be the next logical step.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I just read the e-mail, "RSVP now to be the first to know." I'm signing up, but there's a chance I might not be home at the time.

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Sony has stated they're focusing on PS+ for the next few years, so these rumours sound pretty accurate.

They've also proven PS+ to be fantastic value for consumers. PlayStation World would be the next logical step.
    I agree although I think they should stick with PS+ instead of Playstation World, it just sounds better in my opinion.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lord of all Goat-Men

Seriously guys, the announcement is in 17 hours...
    Just wait.

Deathless Destroyer

"most of the online features will require a premium subscription to use"

Wait a second! Does this mean that playing online, using the new virtual world (which I assume will be added), and downloading stuff will require a fee?

This is confusing. Does "most of the features" mean PS+? If the PSN/SEN/PSW (PlayStation World) isn't free then Sony knows they will lose hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of customers. If it's PS+, all is well as not many people use it, including me (because I don't have a credit card and don't buy the PS code card thing at the shops.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I agree although I think they should stick with PS+ instead of Playstation World, it just sounds better in my opinion.
    Same shit, different bucket. It's just a name...

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    "most of the online features will require a premium subscription to use"

Wait a second! Does this mean that playing online, using the new virtual world (which I assume will be added), and downloading stuff will require a fee?

This is confusing. Does "most of the features" mean PS+? If the PSN/SEN/PSW (PlayStation World) isn't free then Sony knows they will lose hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of customers. If it's PS+, all is well as not many people use it, including me (because I don't have a credit card and don't buy the PS code card thing at the shops.
    Assuming it's similar to XBL, we'll have basic online access to the PS store, PSN profile, friends etc and *maybe* access to online MP (to differentiate the SEN from XBL and maintain customer loyalty), but streaming PS3 games, cloud storage, PS+ freebies etc will require a fee.

From a business perspective, that's a smart move by Sony to generate some revenue from what to date is a free service that costs a lot of dough to support.

I'm certain Sony has thought this through and will come up with a high-value proposition. We'll know more within a day, so don't start yelling "The sky is falling!" just yet.

The One and Only

I'm not going by rumors. We'll soon find out what's going to happen tomorrow (the 20th).

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 6 - Silver

I can wait for an official announcement about the PS4 and its features.

Lord of all Goat-Men

It makes sense that Sony adopt a similar model to Xbox Live. If they had it at the launch of the PS3, they wouldn't be selling their consoles at such a loss.

PRO Member

Looking ad Xbox Gold.
    You need to be sub to Gold in order to anything online like f.eks watch Netflix and even certain SP features like redeeming ingame gift from Publisher require a Gold Sub.

This is one of the reason 360 became the big loser this generation. (Don't belive me? Look ad Japanese sales charts).

Let's just for fun say PS4 require a PS Word sub to access Online.
    This would mean Xbox Infinity (Next Xbox) and PS4 is basically the same and all it would come down to was Price and Release titles. (This is presuming PS4 only allow 1 account pr. system (Vita like) and Xbox Infinity gets Bluetooth, Blu-ray and Rechargeable wireless controller that last longer 3 hours on a full charge).

Sony would only lose by doing a Xbox Gold thing, since one of the main selling point (Nr. 1 is Blu-ray) is that's have Free Online, but then on the other hand it would also mean the dead of Online Pass, since it's kinda greedy to ask customers to pay twice to access Online.

But in the end it's all rumors and will most likely be adresse tonight.

Note: Kotaku may have mistranslated it, so what it meant to say was: PSN+ get's a extending call PS World, which require additional fee (most likely tied to Genkai)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

14 hours to go, we shall see. really really excited

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast