Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

Will Ps4 ditch trophies?

This is a discussion on Will Ps4 ditch trophies? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I hope when the PS4 comes out I will still be able to collect trophies. The trophies makes me play ...

  1. #21
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    percy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    545
    Reputation
    22

    I hope when the PS4 comes out I will still be able to collect trophies. The trophies makes me play the entire game.

  2. #22
    Ice Cream Firefighter
    great_daze_tazer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    3,395
    Reputation
    351

    Quote Originally Posted by spanishstoat View Post
    You may not have thought about this but what of the ps4 (orbis whatever) ditches trophies. Maybe a new system could come in. Anyway the site will need to change its name. This is my idea btw, no one elses. Let me know what you think.
    I have heard this from others before you, it might be your idea but your not alone in that thought. But I really don't care if they keep the trophies or not, they are a small part of games today. I would rather them pay more attention to the games themselves then concentrate on ways to drag the game out further then they should.


    PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer


    Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles






  3. #23
    Gaming since PONG !
    revbob666's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somewhere S of Hell
    Posts
    170
    Reputation
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hawk-chan View Post
    Seeing how it's a new system in all, Sony would need to lock out the possibility of someone taking your PSN ID. If you got 220 under your current ID but someone decide to take your current ID name for the sole purpose of the PS4 then why would trophies carry over? Before everyone talks about trophies carrying over, Sony needs to make sure people can't take your ID name to piss y'all off.
    That is why you have a PSN ID .... so no one can take it....... it IS PSN ... and since PS3 PSP VITA are on it.... I bet to think PS4 will be also

  4. #24
    Platinum Procrastinator
    Denaratuck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    3,081
    Reputation
    159

    The removal of trophies would only hurt them rather than if they keep them around which I'm betting them will.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

  5. #25
    Chocobo Master
    Jay Hawk-chan's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    502
    Reputation
    54

    Quote Originally Posted by revbob666 View Post
    That is why you have a PSN ID .... so no one can take it....... it IS PSN ... and since PS3 PSP VITA are on it.... I bet to think PS4 will be also
    I see your point but will it happen? Sure we can agree it's the same company but will people agree that it's the same console with people saying "so let me use my PS3 ID".
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

  6. #26
    Lvl 5 - Silver


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    315
    Reputation
    3

    There are already screenshots of the ps4 interface with trophies on it, so i think they'll stay, just like vita, you will be able to see just ps3 / vita, or all all your trophies together for all the platforms...
    PS2 slim silver - PS3 super slim 500gb - PSVita pch1104 - PS4


  7. #27
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    xMusiicAddictx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    572
    Reputation
    23

    I think the idea of removing trophies would be disasterous on their part. I think it would severely hurt their sales only because, as a lot of you have already said, a lot of gamers play with the benefit of boosting their trophy collection. If they remove that option, they run the risk of losing a lot of their current and possible future players..

    You can't insult someone who's feeling's don't get hurt.

    Sig by: djunglist

  8. #28
    member since Oct 2009
    fillabong's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    treasure coast
    Posts
    363
    Reputation
    21

    Quote Originally Posted by sept-sept View Post
    There are already screenshots of the ps4 interface with trophies on it, so i think they'll stay, just like vita, you will be able to see just ps3 / vita, or all all your trophies together for all the platforms...
    This would be awesome:





  9. #29
    Lvl 6 - Silver


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    438
    Reputation
    19

    I don't see trophies going anywhere, but I could see a ruby/emerald/sapphire/diamond system to differentiate the PS4 from the bronze/silver/gold/platinum system of PS3.

    Did the original xbox have the achievement system?

  10. #30
    Angel of Death
    cengizbobengiz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,597
    Reputation
    24

    Quote Originally Posted by nullzero00 View Post
    I don't see trophies going anywhere, but I could see a ruby/emerald/sapphire/diamond system to differentiate the PS4 from the bronze/silver/gold/platinum system of PS3.

    Did the original xbox have the achievement system?
    It did not. And it seems like they are sticking to their original trophy configuration.

  11. #31
    PRO Member
    MatCauthon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    1,070
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hawk-chan View Post
    I see your point but will it happen? Sure we can agree it's the same company but will people agree that it's the same console with people saying "so let me use my PS3 ID".
    It's not your PS3 ID... it's your PSN ID... that's his point. Your ID is connected to the network, not the system.

  12. #32
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    zezima007's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Silent Hill
    Posts
    108
    Reputation
    3

    it will be called ps4, not orbis
    and, no.

  13. #33
    PRO Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Armadillo, U.S.A.
    Posts
    490
    Reputation
    39

    It's a PSN ID not PS3 ID, your account stays the same, it carries on like they did with PS2

    People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

  14. #34
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    twistsanny's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    168
    Reputation
    1

    trophy concept stays the same (PSVITA got the same system, reason enough to believe it will stay)
    faster synchronization and more functionality will be there without any doubt!

  15. #35
    PRO Member
    Outstandind's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    730
    Reputation
    24

    Not a chance. They still haven't ditched motion controls.

  16. #36
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakabuII View Post
    It's a PSN ID not PS3 ID, your account stays the same, it carries on like they did with PS2
    This ^^^ but only thing is you have to buy all downloads again if you get rid of your PS3
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  17. #37
    Lvl 2 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    50
    Reputation
    4

    PS4 WILL have trophies

    look at the pics or re-watch the event
    when the GUI was shown the guys trophies were also there


    Edit: just seen someone beat me to it
    Last edited by DanzP; 03-12-2013 at 07:16 AM.

  18. #38
    Cipher sent us to hell
    x13ucketHeaDx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    169
    Reputation
    5

    Let's ignore the fact that trophies were shown at the 2/20 presentation for a second and just think about this. Sony has been cultivating the PSN (actually SEN) over the past few years because they are looking to centralize all of their products to link into this network. Considering the investments that had to be made and the long-term planning they would have had to do, why would they not bring your PSN/SEN ID (and it's trophies) to it's next console. I think we can make a very safe assumption here (again, ignoring the fact we SAW trophies at the 2/20 presentation) that trophies are here to stay and will be moving with us.

    With that aside, it was already posted that we saw trophies at the 2/20 presentation so I think we have our answer.
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

    "Kaz... I'm already a demon."

  19. #39
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    BALLZ's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,213
    Reputation
    157

    Quote Originally Posted by x13ucketHeaDx View Post
    Let's ignore the fact that trophies were shown at the 2/20 presentation for a second and just think about this. Sony has been cultivating the PSN (actually SEN) over the past few years because they are looking to centralize all of their products to link into this network. Considering the investments that had to be made and the long-term planning they would have had to do, why would they not bring your PSN/SEN ID (and it's trophies) to it's next console. I think we can make a very safe assumption here (again, ignoring the fact we SAW trophies at the 2/20 presentation) that trophies are here to stay and will be moving with us.

    With that aside, it was already posted that we saw trophies at the 2/20 presentation so I think we have our answer.
    No matter how many times people post it or how many times that picture gets posted there will still be the question of will ps4 keep trophies. Ive posted that picture in 3 different threads, before the ps4 is out expect to see this same thread about 6 more times if not more. Plus loads of people dont read prior posts so we will see a few more posts that say I hope they do carry over or something like that in this thread lol.

    Sig and Avatar By djunglist

    My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

  20. #40
    Chocobo Master
    Jay Hawk-chan's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    502
    Reputation
    54

    You know what Sony is kinda doing with the PS4 profile screen is already being use done the 360,
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO