Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Playstation "See the Future" Event | Official Discussion (6PM EST, 3PM PST, 11PM GMT)

This is a discussion on Playstation "See the Future" Event | Official Discussion (6PM EST, 3PM PST, 11PM GMT) within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by seniorpibb Damn, they didn't even show what the console looks like. Thats what bummed me out. Some ...

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by seniorpibb View Post
    Damn, they didn't even show what the console looks like.
    Thats what bummed me out. Some stuff seems gimicky but overall it was pretty cool. Now we just gotta wait on the price...

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    so the ps4 already has a bad game
    Lol...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It better have an option to turn off all that instant sharing, stay connected with friends shit

PRO Member

Watch Dogs looks amazing and InFamous Second Son could be the game InFamous should have been.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'm worried about PS4 sales in Japan. This looks like an imporved version of a 360, by Americans, for Americans.

I don't care about social networks, I don't care about sharing video and streaming (screenshots are useful though, but only if you can save them in the HDD), I don't care about touch controls in the Dualshock.
    This basically means no splitscreen games for PS4, and that if your internet connection is slow you'll miss out on the console's key features.

The ONLY reason for me to get one so far is the new Infamous game.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Korean Girl Group Groupie

I was seriously expecting a 45 minute announcement for the console, and little more. What I got was an super-sized E3 show with more game unveils and added information than I could have fathomed. I don't know how anybody expected pricing information, but the 2013 Holiday release was a nice touch.

As for the games...

Knack - Looks like Pixar movie captured in a game. Could be really cool and is a nice launch off point - new IP's = win.

Killzone: Shadow Fall - Surprised they didn't go with a good ole 4 in the title, but this is the first of what looks like a trend for a conference: move away from serialization, and try to focus on snazzy names instead of number. Looks gorgeous, but the rope physics portion had me laughing my ass off. You go through all the effort to make reflections, particle effects, amazing motions, then you have a rope that is as stiff as cock, and makes the entire thing laughable. Think I'll pass on this one.

Driveclub - Nice to move away from Motorstorm for Evolution, but this game doesn't really do it for me. I also wonder how the GT guys are going to like the in-house competition on the "realism" department, and in aesthetic scope, hot dogging Polyphony Digital in some aspects. Team racing sounds good on paper, in execution is just going turn into a elitist trash talking place in which you are too dependent on others than yourself to win. Looks good, and we'll see, but ambition normally leads to disappointment.

inFamous: Second Son - Didn't see game play, but the game looks amazing and the world and setting needs some added expansion, especially with the new conduits. I am sure the whole good/evil thing will be back, but to see how the game that is the M. Night Shyamalan of plot twists, doesn't fall short of delivering like the man mentioned. I want to see more, but I will almost undoubtedly pick this one up.

The Witness - Like somebody posted on twitter, "Looks like Myst with circuit boards." Love me some indie games, and hopefully the elements are expanded beyond the connect the dots simplicity that was shown. I'll keep an eye out on this one.

Deep Down - The Panta Rhei engine looks neat. Deep Down... DD... Dragon's Dogma.... looks like an acronym for the next game in the franchise to me. Capcom has found their next franchise to make numerous sequels and "tweaks" if you ask me, and most likely within a few years people will bitch about how they ruined it (while still buying every sequel, mind you). Looks neat, still need to try Dragon's Dogma, but will have an eye on this one.

The rest was a bunch of stuff we've seen before, with some tiny morsels of information mixed in. Square Enix is going to announce a Final Fantasy, Media Molecule is working on something that emphasizes the Move, Watchdogs is going to have the most unique PVP element I've ever heard of, Bungie is further pissing on Microsoft by offering exclusive content to PS4 owners for Destiny, and Diablo III has discovered a new revenue stream in PS3/PS4 players.

Now on the features side, the share idea sounds unique, but will probably not be widely used. The remote play for other players sounds like a way for gamers to charge others to get trophies for them (yay capitalism!), the download and play without waiting is amazing, and Gaikai sounds like it's about to make XBL go out like the laser disc. I am sure we'll find out a bit more between here and E3, but I expect that we'll get the bulk of the rest of our information then.

Most likely getting the PS4 at launch, but it depends a lot on the pricing. Some of the estimates have been eyebrow raising. Time will tell, but overall Sony blew a lot of people's socks off with the amount of content they showed today, although the details (as expected) were very few.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Welp, overall not too impressive. (aside from Watch Dogs). should have just waited for E3.
    As it stands. (as always).

Signature by DaRe_xLw

The Deathly Rhythm

Destiny, The new KZ, Watch Dogs, The graphics are

I wish they showed the price
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

-i- love myself.

Watch Dogs looked freaking amazing!

Ice Cream Firefighter

I was impressed by the Watchdog & Infamous trailers, but their Destiny trailer sucked compared to the trailer I posted yesterday for it Destiny

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

★ Extra Astronomical ★

I'm buying two!

INTJ

PS4 Eye Specs

External Dimension: Approx. 186mm x 27mm x 27mm (width x height x depth) (tentative)
    Weight: Approx. 183g (tentative)
    Video Pixel: (Maximum) 1280 x 800 pixel x 2
    Video Frame Rate: 1280x800 pixel @ 60fps, 640x400 pixel @ 120fps, 320x192 pixel @ 240fps
    Video Format: RAW, YUV (uncompressed)
    Lens: Dual Lenses, F value/F2.0 fixed focus
    Capture Range: 30cm~∞
    Field-of-View: 85
    Microphone: 4 Channel Microphone Array
    Connection Type: PS4 dedicated connector (AUX connector)
    Cable Length: Approx. 2m (tentative)

INTJ

eww bluetooth 2.1

why not 4.0?

Lvl 6 - Silver

All I saw is new inFamous and I was like
    . All of it.
    Now I don't particularly care what the console looks like, this thing is sounding absolutely awesome, and I am now going to have to start saving to get this in my life. And I said PS3 would be my last console.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by seniorpibb View Post
    Bungie, on playstation???
    Bungie/microsoft thing went awry.

The GPU and CPU are a bit concerning to me although im glad the rumours of 4GB of DDR3 was wrong lol. would of been stupid.
    The GPU is kinda like a Radeon 7850 which is already relatively dated.

Is there any information on what the Harddrive is? what size or anything. I was still thinking they would go for a SSD over a HDD. maybe they will have one to run stuff with and one for storing or something.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234