Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sexism: Playstation had no women on stage at PS4 Announcement, People apparently angry.

This is a discussion on Sexism: Playstation had no women on stage at PS4 Announcement, People apparently angry. within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Why Were There No Women Presenters At The PlayStation 4 Event? Today we got a healthy dose of next-gen information, ...

INTJ

Sexism: Playstation had no women on stage at PS4 Announcement, People apparently angry.

Why Were There No Women Presenters At The PlayStation 4 Event?

Today we got a healthy dose of next-gen information, delivered to us by a bevy of excited, breathless developers and publishers. Here's the thing: not a single one of the presenters at the PlayStation 4 event were women, and people noticed.

It's not something folks are happy about, either.

No women in Sony’s #ps4 presser yet, because this is what Sony thinks they’re good for. pic.twitter.com/wOOB4Spsrn
    This is a french Vita ad, which we covered before.

Yo Sony. 100% record on white dudes on stage for the #PS4 announcement! There was a woman being attacked by a black guy in a vid tho.

To contextualize the next couple of tweets: Elizabeth retweeted Leena's tweet about no women presenters, and because of that, started talking about what she was going to do in response to the event.

Literally going to buy a Wii U out of spite for Playstation next payday. I'm going to fight sexism by buying from competitors now.
    Seriously, if Playstation does something sexist, I'm buying Nintendo. If EA does something sexist, I'll buy Activision.
    So no PS4 console or women on stage during the event. Also the event is over.
    'a glimpse in to the future of play' where everyone will finally listen to sony when they say that women are icky
    Interesting to note: There were no women on stage at Sony's PlayStation 4 conference. #1reasonwhy

No women at the two hour Sony Playstation 4 announcement. Sad state of gaming. #PlayStation4
    Getting women in games development is a noted problem in the industry, but the last year has seen a rise in conversation when it comes to gender and sexism in this industry. People will notice if, like today, there are no women presenters at your event.

The question is whether or not that will change. I admittedly didn't even notice there weren't women presenters until someone else mentioned it, which probably says something about how used to situations like this we all are. Some won't even bat an eyelash.

srsly

Negator

Women can have their spotlight when WiiU makes a Kitchen simulator.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Death is Awaiting....

This is way too stupid to post.. people are seriously angry at this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Schism View Post
    This is way too stupid to post.. people are seriously angry at this?
    yes

welcome to the future of gaming. where if it doesn't meet your needs it can be sexist/racist/offensive/what the fuck ever.

O_o

Let's use popular things to push our own agenda: The Game.

Holiday - 2013.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

People find anything to get butt hurt over something these days.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Bringing the PAIN

Know what's funny... I bet all those comments were made by women in complain. Then why are none of them in that job field? Oh wiat... They are too stoopid?

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

The One and Only

I'm more worried about what Sony's presenting more so than who's presenting it. I kinda understand why those people are upset, but even if we had woman presenters (which imo would definitely have been a good thing in terms of gender equality), it won't change the fact that the PS4 has been announced and it's going to be released with the games that have also been announced with it. The information wouldn't change based on the gender of the presenter.

It's up to you how you react with the fact that there were no women presenters, something that should be considered. However, I wouldn't let that be a reason why I wouldn't buy those really cool looking games with the PS4 and turn to a company I'm not as interested in playing games under.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Du wirst geil

Why get all butt hurt over it now, when Sony press kits/presentations etc., have rarely ever had female presenters before?

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Hi! There were definitely no women in the splash montage video package, and there definitely wasn't a female playing fake drums during Media Molecules presentation, and Sony completely is going to make the PS4 in the shape of large phallus, complete with testicle shaped charging station only to prove the point.

This just tells me the conference had to be pretty damn good, for them to have to nitpick and this to find a fault in the content. I am sure that by boycotting the product they will do a lot for their movement of bringing more female's into the fold of gaming development.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

PRO Member

People who complain about that are just fucking stupid, there's nothing else to say about them

Lvl 7 - Gold

I hate when people go looking to make issues out of things that aren't issues. Racism and sexism are always projected where they do not exist.

To say any one of the men involved should have been replaced because they did not have a vagina by somebody with a vagina is sexist. How bout that!????

But seriously, it's a non-issue in this case. You will always have morons who get up in arms and try to create drama or interpret things the wrong way. Besides, I think it's safe to say that technology is largely dominated by males. It's not sexist, it's just a pure numbers game. More men set out in the field than women. It has nothing to do with sexism. Heck, just look at the members here. There are far more males than females. Does that mean ps3tophies.com is sexist?

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 5 - Silver

Shouldn't it be about who is most qualified to talk about whatever your presenting instead of having a perfect rainbow of people presenting.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Pretty much everything anyone says these days can be deemed as sexist, homophobic, or racist. It's annoying as hell.

arrghhargahragharahg

Really?? Really??

Come on!! This is stupid!! So what if there were no women on stage....

To those who were upset and offended by this (no women on stage), you are an IDIOT!!
    Extremely busy at the moment. I have not forgotten those that I am helping, so fear not!
    Sig by DaRe_xLw
    !!

Lvl 4 - Silver

This is so stupid.

Currently Working On- Borderlands 2 52% Resistance: Burning Skies 40%

Up the Irons!

This is so asinine. As others have already stated, it is definitely not because there are more males than females in the industry.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Kiwi Defender

Nothing like a few good laughs at how oversensitive people are .

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    Know what's funny... I bet all those comments were made by women in complain. Then why are none of them in that job field? Oh wiat... They are too stoopid?
    I guess that's why you were not there, either!

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

This has made me laugh, i'm all for equality but jesus, this is dumb.

I'm not complaining about the high number of Frenchmen on stage compared to Germans or a lack of Dwarfs.

Winter Is Coming

I'm a female gamer who watched the whole ps4 event and I didn't even notice the lack of female presenters as I was more interested in what was being said rather than who was saying it. Does that make me sexist?

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast