Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

The Playstation 4 Thread | Coming Holiday 2013

This is a discussion on The Playstation 4 Thread | Coming Holiday 2013 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; i'm also glad about backwards compatiblity, hopefully it won't be like the original ps3 where its amazing to suddenly being ...

PRO Member

i'm also glad about backwards compatiblity, hopefully it won't be like the original ps3 where its amazing to suddenly being removed. also, will the ps4 be a blu ray player as well?

Lvl 8 - Gold

Looks like Planetside 2 will be coming to the PS4?

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tonto View Post
    I'm glad to hear about Backwards compatibility. Though it leaves me wondering if they'll keep the current trophy stats system or make a new one.
    In the conference they were showing some of the dashboard features, and it showed trophies and the person still had like 2500 trophies. So, my guess is youll able to keep the same name as PS3 & Vita (especially since the Vita is a huge part of PS4) and trophies will transfer over...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm kinda disappointed about the not being able to play ps3 games in the old fashioned way - from the disc. That and also the unclear situation about online purchases. Could it be that current framework of the psn store will be different from the future one? I don't have that many online purchases but there are a lot of players who prefer having the games downloaded - I wonder how that will be solved.
    If they will make it work so that we can download future, compatible versions of current games how will the cost be sorted - I don't want to pay twice for a game.
    The whole conference was great but it left us with a lot of questions - they didn't exactly showcase the console and its features. Sure, the business-talk was nice but it only sounds nice - some hard facts would be more useful than coating the ps4 in honey without actually showing the proper hardware.

That being said, time to start saving some money.
    Watch_Dogs - finally some more content.
    inFamous: Second Son

Retired on PS3 (since Dec 2013) due to half-broken console and lack of funds and time to fix it.
    Oct 2014 - Dec 2014 - Back on PS3
    Retired on PS3 since Jan 2014 due to original reasons.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 6 - Silver

So Square Enix announced a Kingdom Hearts HD collection to be available on the PS3 last year. From what I've seen, no date has yet to be given on when it's coming out. Do you guys think they might change it to PS4 now or keep it to the PS3? I'm one of those people who will need to wait for a price drop before purchasing.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post

Looks like Planetside 2 will be coming to the PS4?
    I was planning on investing quite a bit of money into a gaming PC soon, but I might just hold off a bit longer to see what else the PS4 has instore after seeing that tweet.

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    I was planning on investing quite a bit of money into a gaming PC soon, but I might just hold off a bit longer to see what else the PS4 has instore after seeing that tweet.
    Yeah I mean it's not 100% confirmed, but c'mon, what else could they mean by that?

PRO Member

Pre-ordered my Ps4. It doesn't bother me about not being backwards compatible. I'll just keep my Ps3. A psn friend told me he saw on fb that the countdown is going to be September date. I haven't seen anything about it.
    I don't like the idea of share button but its not mandatory usage of this. I don't want to see loads of game clips on fb, especially accidental ones.

Death to zombies!!

So looking on shopto.net they have pre-orders and games are 48.85 ans 44.86 for a controller PS4 399.85

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The prices on shopto.net aren't the final prices. They are just something they came up with themselves since it has to have a price before you can preorder and they most likely didn't want to set it too low.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The official specs are in for the PlayStation 4 and what we have is, by and large, confirmation of existing DigitalFoundry stories - with one outstanding, exciting exception. At the PlayStation Meeting yesterday, Sony revealed that its new console ships with 8GB of GDDR5 RAM, not the 4GB we previously reported. It was a pleasant surprise not just for us, but also for many game developers out there working on PS4 titles now and completely unaware of the upgrade - a final flourish to the design seemingly added in at the last moment to make PlayStation 4 the most technologically advanced games console of the next gaming era.

Via EG

Sounds like Guerrilla Games was working with 4 GB of RAM in mind... instead of the 8 now in the system.

Naughty Dog also seemed to be taken by surprise. Here's the lead Engine and Graphics Programmer from Naughty Dog after last night's event:

Via NeoGAF

Local Drunk

Meh, call me when it has Uncharted then we'll talk lol.

$899 to pre-order the PS4 from EB, fuck that. I'll stick with my PS3 for a while yet.
    Last edited by Feral; 02-21-2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Price

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Honestly not looking forward to it, this is why I hate when this happens. All these companies think they should just keep releasing systems, but honestly I think that's gay

Lvl 8 - Gold

So we know that the PS4 won't have disc based and even digital based backwards compatibility, this was confirmed. There are rumours that the backwards compatibility will be handled by Gaikai as a stream service. This could be good, could be bad. Personally I don't like the idea of my games relying on internet connection like that.

However I recently read through this which is where it's confirmed backwards compatibility won't be in the PS4;

PlayStation 4 Not Backwards Compatible With Retail or Digital Games - IGN
    In a roundtable conversation with journalists, President of Sony’s Worldwide Studios noted that PS3 games of both the retail and downloadable variety will not be compatible with PlayStation 4, at least not natively. In other words, your PS3 discs won’t work in the new console nor will the games you downloaded. This means that hits like Journey, The Unfinished Swan, Shatter and hundreds of other games available in the digital space will not be carried over to PlayStation 4 in addition to the collection of PS3 discs sitting on your shelf.

There’s a catch, though: emulation. The PlayStation 3 doesn’t read PlayStation 2 discs (at least not anymore), but it can play PS2 games via the PlayStation Store in an emulated environment. Yoshida concedes that this is possible for PlayStation 4 supporting legacy PlayStation consoles as well. Indeed, the Gaikai presentation during PlayStation 4’s reveal touched on this “everything, everywhere” mentality. But for now, downloaded PS3 games won’t work “unless, somehow, some games work on emulation. And the easiest thing, technically, would be to make PSone games work on PS4 with emulation. But we’re not talking about our emulation plans as yet.”

In short, “There are two ways [to play legacy content]: emulation or cloud services [from Gaikai]. But native support [of digital games from PS3], no, sorry. It doesn’t work.”

But how about some good news to close? Yoshida reaffirmed that “disc-based games on PS4” will work on any other PlayStation 4. So, as first reported yesterday, PS4 will have no used games/shared games lock for retail, store-bought titles.
    Pay attention to the bolded parts, does it not sound like the PS4 could end up with PS3 classic like downloads? And if so, does that mean we could end up with PSone and PStwo classic support?

God I hope so...

Lvl 4 - Silver

this is a for sure day 1 buy for me

Since Aug. 09

looking forward to it myself. cant wait for whats her face to jump in this thread and say how much better the wiu is. i traded my wiu in for a vita lol

Dominate!

Du wirst geil

After reading more about the PS4 specs, what it will be capable of, and game line-up, I'm pretty excited to see where they go with it now. I don't think I've actually been this excited since the PS2. Although, until I hear a solid pricing range for the system, I'll hold off on officially announcing this as a worthy "day-1" buy. I don't mind so much about digital purchases being carried over, that's what the PS3 is/will be for. I won't simply abandon my PS3 just because I would have a PS4 sitting next to it. It's just like people complaining about the PS3 losing backwards compatibility: just go and buy a PS2 (that's what I would have said at the time). As for the always on function, would it over-heat the system is what I'm wondering. Sure it'll use a lower power output but would that vary from gamer to gamer?

Fingers X'ed.

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    the fuck

also too lazy to watch a 2 and a half hour confrence? here you go

Lvl 7 - Gold

Day one buy. Easily.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast