Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 136

The Playstation 4 Thread | Coming Holiday 2013

This is a discussion on The Playstation 4 Thread | Coming Holiday 2013 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Ps360 they said they built the phanta rhei engine for the ps4. so probably. you can also ...

  1. #61
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    MrFudge's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    287
    Reputation
    21

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    they said they built the phanta rhei engine for the ps4.

    so probably.

    you can also probably port over your PSN to the Ps4. so your name will still be stuck probably.
    Damn I really hope that's true.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    Supposedly the engine was built for the PS4, but it looked too damn good to be true.
    Maybe the game will be a reality but the amazing graphics will be DLC.
    The amazing graphics looked...amazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    Even if they would not just transfer PSN names to the next generation, I'm sure you can just sign up for an account online. You can do that right now in the PS3 era.
    Good call.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

    THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

  2. #62
    PRO Member
    glogantn's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    406
    Reputation
    14

    I want one right now... I will do unspeakable things to get one once released.

  3. #63
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    Rikusk's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    29
    Reputation
    3

    I will be there... in line... day 1, these are exciting times!

    Thanks to Djunglist for the great Signature pic!

  4. #64
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Oxymoron28's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    822
    Reputation
    26

    I'm really excited to see what else they make for this machine. I wanna see a next gen Just Cause and a next gen Sleeping Dogs!

    Plus Knack seems like a throwback to the good old PlayStation days, I hope to God we get more games like that on the system. It's whats been missing from the generation.



  5. #65
    Retired
    Undrey's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Afterlife Sahara Desert
    Posts
    2,271
    Reputation
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    Plus Knack seems like a throwback to the good old PlayStation days, I hope to God we get more games like that on the system. It's whats been missing from the generation.
    Someone who agrees with me!

  6. #66
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Oxymoron28's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    822
    Reputation
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by Undrey View Post
    Someone who agrees with me!
    Aha I've seen quite a few people with that viewpoint as well. I think it was Brad Shoemaker from GiantBomb that said it as well.

    I'd highly recommend to anyone to watch the GiantBomb coverage of the event;
    Meet the Future of PlayStation with Us - Giant Bomb



  7. #67
    Retired
    Undrey's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Afterlife Sahara Desert
    Posts
    2,271
    Reputation
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    Aha I've seen quite a few people with that viewpoint as well. I think it was Brad Shoemaker from GiantBomb that said it as well.

    I'd highly recommend to anyone to watch the GiantBomb coverage of the event;
    Meet the Future of PlayStation with Us - Giant Bomb
    Good to know there are a few of us. I think this generation seriously lacks charming 3D platformers, and is filled with action/shooter games.

  8. #68
    Du wirst geil
    Xerces2911's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    281
    Reputation
    11

    Quote Originally Posted by Undrey View Post
    Good to know there are a few of us. I think this generation seriously lacks charming 3D platformers, and is filled with action/shooter games.
    Couldn't agree more. I was hoping at some point we could have seen a new IP from Oddworld Inhabitants but it never happened, only the 2 HD remakes. But fingers crossed, they release something next-gen.


    Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.



  9. #69
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Oxymoron28's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    822
    Reputation
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by Undrey View Post
    Good to know there are a few of us. I think this generation seriously lacks charming 3D platformers, and is filled with action/shooter games.
    Yeah, though I am really excited for Killzone Shadow Fall and DriveClub.

    Deep Down looked utterly amazing, apart of me hopes it plays like Dark Souls.

    Could you imagine an Elder Scrolls game looking like Deep Down?!



  10. #70
    100% Grizzly
    Bagel_Bear's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    193
    Reputation
    9

    Streaming backwards compatibility sounds very dumb. I am feeling sour concerning the large amount of ps3 purchases and ps+ content that I have gotten recently. Might become 100 percent PC gamer.

  11. #71
    Du wirst geil
    Xerces2911's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    281
    Reputation
    11

    Quote Originally Posted by bagelbear View Post
    Streaming backwards compatibility sounds very dumb. I am feeling sour concerning the large amount of ps3 purchases and ps+ content that I have gotten recently. Might become 100 percent PC gamer.
    Then why not just stick with your PS3? You don't necessarily have to go get a PS4 just to play your PS3 games, do you? I'll have my PS3 sitting pretty right next to my PS4 when I get one and I'll still play it as well. I'm probably going to be keeping my PS4 strictly for PS4 games and content as well.


    Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.



  12. #72
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    RuffSeks's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    109
    Reputation
    4

    Dunno if im alone here, but the ps4 doesnt really interest me, i love my ps3 and will probably stay with it

  13. #73
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Oxymoron28's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    822
    Reputation
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by RuffSeks View Post
    Dunno if im alone here, but the ps4 doesnt really interest me, i love my ps3 and will probably stay with it
    I'm pretty pumped myself. I went from very little interest, even denying the PS4 would be revealed this month (and yes I feel like a twat for it now), to excitement for it.

    I really love the sound of all the new features, built in streaming is something I've wanted for a while.



  14. #74
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    iWin4Prep's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    74
    Reputation
    0

    I feel that this is too soon for the ps4 and next gen Xbox. In reality, it's quite simple - it's capitalism. What we are going to get is an excellent product, the ps4, that is not really light years a head of the ps3, but will offer some awesome new features and more importantly - all the new games will come out on it.

    With that being said, I gotta say that I am looking forward to it, mainly because of all the promising games that are going to be featured on it. Final fantasy, Kingdom hearts 3, yes please.

  15. #75
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Oxymoron28's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    822
    Reputation
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by iWin4Prep View Post
    I feel that this is too soon for the ps4 and next gen Xbox. In reality, it's quite simple - it's capitalism. What we are going to get is an excellent product, the ps4, that is not really light years a head of the ps3, but will offer some awesome new features and more importantly - all the new games will come out on it.

    With that being said, I gotta say that I am looking forward to it, mainly because of all the promising games that are going to be featured on it. Final fantasy, Kingdom hearts 3, yes please.
    Too soon? Ps 1 release in 1994. Ps 2 release in 2000. Ps3 released in 2006 and PS4 will release in 2013.

    Plus the PS3 is having its hardware tapped out now, there needs to be an update!



  16. #76
    Du wirst geil
    Xerces2911's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    281
    Reputation
    11

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    I'm pretty pumped myself. I went from very little interest, even denying the PS4 would be revealed this month (and yes I feel like a twat for it now), to excitement for it.

    I really love the sound of all the new features, built in streaming is something I've wanted for a while.
    I'm with you there. I wasn't even remotely interested in the PS4, as far as going to say I wasn't even going to get one, and then that all changed once I read the specs, looked into what Sony has planned for it (although I'm not that big on the social interaction part, but I'm willing to give it a go) and looked at what games were lined up. And I've got to admit, Watch Dogs is what completely swayed my interest. Hopefully Ubisoft weren't blowing smoke out of their backsides when they talk about "the possibilities are endless". I've heard that phrase used so many times and very few companies/publishers/developers have really delivered.


    Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.



  17. #77
    Gorilla see, Gorilla do
    Creditdue's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    $crilla Villa
    Posts
    1,780
    Reputation
    62

    Quote Originally Posted by RuffSeks View Post
    Dunno if im alone here, but the ps4 doesnt really interest me, i love my ps3 and will probably stay with it
    You're not alone. The possibility of Planetside 2 coming out for the PS4 is all that interests me at the moment. I couldn't really care for what else has been seen. Watch Dogs looks cool but that's multiplat


    Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

  18. #78
    Du wirst geil
    Xerces2911's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    281
    Reputation
    11

    Quote Originally Posted by iWin4Prep View Post
    I feel that this is too soon for the ps4 and next gen Xbox. In reality, it's quite simple - it's capitalism. What we are going to get is an excellent product, the ps4, that is not really light years a head of the ps3, but will offer some awesome new features and more importantly - all the new games will come out on it.

    With that being said, I gotta say that I am looking forward to it, mainly because of all the promising games that are going to be featured on it. Final fantasy, Kingdom hearts 3, yes please.
    So what you're saying is that all the new software and hardware being implemented into the PS4 isn't as good as we all believe it will be? It's still freakin' February and the PS4 doesn't hit until Holiday 2013. That's 9/10 more months they have to ramp up anything and everything. I'm not saying it's going a perfect or flawless piece of hardware right off the bat, but in terms of where it will be compared to where the PS3 was on release, it will be far superior. And of course there's going to be new games on the system, it only makes sense since the PS3 wouldn't be up to spec for a handful of the games being released. I'm even surprised Destiny was announced for both PS3/4.


    Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.



  19. #79
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    iWin4Prep's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    74
    Reputation
    0

    Too soon? Ps 1 release in 1994. Ps 2 release in 2000. Ps3 released in 2006 and PS4 will release in 2013.

    Plus the PS3 is having its hardware tapped out now, there needs to be an update!
    We will see how smooth things run on the ps4. I am just not buying that they have technology advancements that warrant a new system to be produced. Games are not getting stale on the ps3.

  20. #80
    Gorilla see, Gorilla do
    Creditdue's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    $crilla Villa
    Posts
    1,780
    Reputation
    62

    Quote Originally Posted by Xerces2911 View Post
    I'm with you there. I wasn't even remotely interested in the PS4, as far as going to say I wasn't even going to get one, and then that all changed once I read the specs, looked into what Sony has planned for it (although I'm not that big on the social interaction part, but I'm willing to give it a go) and looked at what games were lined up. And I've got to admit, Watch Dogs is what completely swayed my interest. Hopefully Ubisoft weren't blowing smoke out of their backsides when they talk about "the possibilities are endless". I've heard that phrase used so many times and very few companies/publishers/developers have really delivered.
    Specs that will be out dated by the time the PS4 is released. And yeah, I'm not a big fan of them doing the whole social interaction thing too. When I get a PS4 the share button will not be used


    Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO