Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

The Playstation 4 Thread | Coming Holiday 2013

This is a discussion on The Playstation 4 Thread | Coming Holiday 2013 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by iWin4Prep We will see how smooth things run on the ps4. I am just not buying that ...

Du wirst geil

Quote Originally Posted by iWin4Prep View Post
    We will see how smooth things run on the ps4. I am just not buying that they have technology advancements that warrant a new system to be produced. Games are not getting stale on the ps3.
    Why not? You do realize as soon as 6 months into a standard PC/Laptop's lifespan it's already obsolete? There new tech being tested/researched all the time. What do you think Sony have being doing the entire time the PS3 has been around? Sitting with their thumbs up their butts?

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

Du wirst geil

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    Specs that will be out dated by the time the PS4 is released. And yeah, I'm not a big fan of them doing the whole social interaction thing too. When I get a PS4 the share button will not be used
    Outdated yes, but satisfactory enough for PS4 performance. It wouldn't be feasible for Sony for wait until better tech to come along because by then, Microsoft would have their feet firmly planted in the market and Sony would potentially lose out.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Killzone: Shadow Fall will be in full 1080 but 30 fps.....

'Killzone: Shadow Fall' will be a PS4 launch title, FPS and resolution revealed - Charlotte Video Game | Examiner.com

“Killzone: Shadow Fall” will be running at 30 frames per second at 1080p resolution

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

The games look fantastic and there so many release titles that I would actually want to play. Now that I am no longer a poor tight arse student, I would LOVE to buy a console on release like others here, but the whole YLOD issues with the ps3 original design make me a bit hesitant on this move. I thought a lot of others may feel the same but there arnt many comments reflecting this.

Is anyone here holding off buying on day 1 based on this?

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Lvl 2 - Bronze

uote]Why not? You do realize as soon as 6 months into a standard PC/Laptop's lifespan it's already obsolete? There new tech being tested/researched all the time. What do you think Sony have being doing the entire time the PS3 has been around? Sitting with their thumbs up their butts?[/quote]

Yes, I am aware of the advancements in technology due to exponential growth, however at this current time I did not see anything that will make a serious difference in gameplay. I saw a number of minor improvements and a ps4 that is going to be built with social network integration in mind. I believe they will use that as a major selling point.

Either way, I will likely purchase it - cannot wait to play the new set of games I've been waiting for.

Du wirst geil

Why not? You do realize as soon as 6 months into a standard PC/Laptop's lifespan it's already obsolete? There new tech being tested/researched all the time. What do you think Sony have being doing the entire time the PS3 has been around? Sitting with their thumbs up their butts?
    Yes, I am aware of the advancements in technology due to exponential growth, however at this current time I did not see anything that will make a serious difference in gameplay. I saw a number of minor improvements and a ps4 that is going to be built with social network integration in mind. I believe they will use that as a major selling point.

Either way, I will likely purchase it - cannot wait to play the new set of games I've been waiting for.
    Well we still have E3 and Gamescon. I think so too if it isn't already too obvious.

You really think KH3 will make a show on the PS4?

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Too soon to know just how much fresh impact games can have on the next gen apart from a few nuances shown in the demos at least.
    As mentioned, further showings will give us more to go on, oh and lets stop comparing PC gaming with consoles because it's akin to comparing console gaming with Mobile gaming.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    Specs that will be out dated by the time the PS4 is released. And yeah, I'm not a big fan of them doing the whole social interaction thing too. When I get a PS4 the share button will not be used
    The specs of the graphics card were already outdated 6 months ago already.
    The 8GB of DDR5 of the other hand is very interesting and based off of what Microsofts rumoured GPU is and the fact they're using DDR3 I think the play station will run stuff a lot better than the xbox this time around, that is if the developers play ball and actually make the games work as well as they can and sicne alot of the developers seem to agree its much easier to worth with this will hopefully be the case.

I'm wondering how sony is going to cover the costs of adding another 4GB of DDR5 into the system though I wonder if PS+ will become a different system to what it is now, maybe will less free games within it, although they have confirmed there is no online requirement for the Ps4 already which is another plus in sonys favour as well.

Unless microsoft have way better social and other services than the playstation will have I dont see how the xbox will come out ahead unless Microsoft sell it at a significant loss, they pretty much couldn't change their ram type from ddr3 to gddr5 if they wanted to this late in production/games development and even if they wanted to they could probably only get 4GB I think they may up their ram to 12 or 16GB if they can and maybe change their graphics card but that would hamstring the early release title that developers have been working on for them.

We will see how smooth things run on the ps4. I am just not buying that they have technology advancements that warrant a new system to be produced. Games are not getting stale on the ps3.
    Things should run way way smoother on the PS4 than the ps3 with the updates to the processor and ram its all running as it normally would instead of being cell tech that limited the ps3 so much with crossplatform games.

Its pretty much all down to how the developers want to deal with this.
    Sure the advancement isnt that amazing in PC terms but consoles have always pushed above their weight in parts due to optimization and not running as many other processes.

It will allow the games developers more freedom than they have had pretty much ever since all of the major platforms are all running almost exactly the same architecture as a PC.
    Last gen alot of stuff would of been cut because of the differences between the ps3 and the 360 and limitations put in place like the shading was pretty horrific on the PS3 compared to the 360, even on exclusives it was hard for them to push a lot out of the console in shading at least.

I'm pretty excited anyway, and Im sure its going to cost a fair bit less than it did last time on release I only wonder if PS+ will become a requirement to having a Ps4 or not with the increased costs of going for 8GB instead of 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Meh, call me when it has Uncharted then we'll talk lol.

$899 to pre-order the PS4 from EB, fuck that. I'll stick with my PS3 for a while yet.
    I dont think it will end up costing 899 bro, Sony have pretty much said that a 60 dollar US price for games is basically already confirmed, and the hardware on this apart from the GDDR5 ram isn't really that great of a leap, I'm expecting the PS4 will be around 450 USD and since our dollar has pretty much equalised now Im thinking it will just be down to wage differences so I would assume it will be somewhere around 700 dollars and EB is probably the worst place to go and buy one from.

Hopefully we actually get the consoles in a more timely fashion worldwide than staggered as much as it was last time around though..

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    Looks like Planetside 2 will be coming to the PS4?
    I would be seriously amazed if it didn't, its made by a branch of sony already and they said even though its a F2p model its been their most profitable venture in ages, if something like D3 is coming to Ps3/4 this long after PC release I dont see why PS2 wouldn't be included with this.
    Also would assume grand theft auto V is going to be on the Ps4 as well and could be a reason it got pushed back a bit.

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Xerces2911 View Post
    Outdated yes, but satisfactory enough for PS4 performance. It wouldn't be feasible for Sony for wait until better tech to come along because by then, Microsoft would have their feet firmly planted in the market and Sony would potentially lose out.
    This^. The PlayStation 3 failed to break profit when it released because the PlayStation 3 wasn't ready for release (neither was the XBOX 360 - high RROD failure rate in the original models), and as a result Microsoft got the jump-start on the market even though their model was a failure. Although Sony profited a few years after the PS4 released they lost a lot of money off the original manufacturing prices.

Quote Originally Posted by black__bunny View Post
    I would LOVE to buy a console on release like others here, but the whole YLOD issues with the ps3 original design make me a bit hesitant on this move. I thought a lot of others may feel the same but there arnt many comments reflecting this.
    That isn't entirely accurate as my first PlayStation 3 which was the original 60GB (which I bought November 06') lasted until late September 2012. Although one factor is the condition of the hardware (whether it's faulty or not) it also depends on how well you manage it. I cleaned my original every 2 weeks or so using both my hand and a cloth and it frequently moved around (sometimes outside, sometimes in).

Besides, you don't know how the PS4 is designed - it may be similar to what the PS3 slim designs are, though with larger hardware + casing. If you are worried about the failure-rate of the PS4, wait a few weeks or months before getting it and if there are no failure rates after that time, buy it. I'm getting it on release when it comes out November/December 2013.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

INTJ

PRO Member

Link
    On whether or not PSN will remain free for PS4:

We totally believe that we want to provide more functionality and more services and more content on the network. And so we are looking at how we are going to structure that. And we are not ready to talk about that.
    Hmmm, they better support basic online play like it currently is for the PS3, because if it's required to pay for online access for a game I already bought...well...you can count me out.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

INTJ

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    You wasted 2 and a half minutes of my time. That video is plain stupid and a mock-up of a great meeting.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    You wasted 2 and a half minutes of my time. That video is plain stupid and a mock-up of a great meeting.
    you mean two and a half hours of idiots screaming social/facebook features surrounded by people who actually gave a shit about games/hardware but only got like 30 minutes all together.

Deathless Destroyer

you mean two and a half hours of idiots screaming social/facebook features surrounded by people who actually gave a shit about games/hardware but only got like 30 minutes all together.
    "Pretty sure I didn't" - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

INTJ

Beyond3D Forum - View Single Post - KILLZONE Shadow Fall (Playstation 4 Exclusive)

any reason why Devs only get 1.5 GBs of ram to use while there's like 6 GB's just for the ps4

Deathless Destroyer

Beyond3D Forum - View Single Post - KILLZONE Shadow Fall (Playstation 4 Exclusive)

any reason why Devs only get 1.5 GBs of ram to use while there's like 6 GB's just for the ps4
    The developer systems take up a lot of RAM, which is the reason why there is not as much RAM used. Also the PS4 OS and other stuff uses RAM continually..

PS: That was for GDDR5 RAM (Graphics RAM).

INTJ

The developer systems take up a lot of RAM, which is the reason why there is not as much RAM used. Also the PS4 OS and other stuff uses RAM continually..
    i doubt checking the net for friends/trophies, looking out for background downloads, and constantly recording video takes up 6 gbs of ram

edit:

http://i.imgur.com/X0lWUqt.png

i mean my comptuer is only using 3GB's Right now and im not even running a game or anything, how badly optimized does the ps4 have to be to give games only 1.5GBs out of 8 GBs?

Deathless Destroyer

That was for GDDR5 RAM (Graphics RAM).
    ^ ..........

Get bent...

Wait....there's a PS4 coming out?

Shit. I just got the PS1...........
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast