Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

The Playstation 4 Thread | Coming Holiday 2013

This is a discussion on The Playstation 4 Thread | Coming Holiday 2013 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Release Date: Holiday 2013 Pricing: Not Announced Yet The Next-Generation is Here. Gamer Focused, Developer Inspired PS4 was designed from ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The Playstation 4 Thread | Coming Holiday 2013

Release Date: Holiday 2013
    Pricing: Not Announced Yet

The Next-Generation is Here.

Gamer Focused, Developer Inspired

PS4 was designed from the ground up to ensure that the very best games and the most immersive experiences reach PlayStation gamers. PS4 accomplishes this by enabling the greatest game developers in the world to unlock their creativity and push the boundaries of play through a system that is tuned specifically to their needs.

PS4 also fluidly connects players to the larger world of experiences offered by PlayStation, across the console and mobile spaces, and PlayStation Network (PSN).

Shared Game Experiences

Social interaction is central to PS4 experiences, so new features were built into the actual foundation of the systemís hardware architecture. PS4 provides dedicated, "always on" video compression and decompression systems that enables seamless uploading of gameplay. For the first time ever, gamers can share their epic triumphs with the press of a button. Gamers simply hit the "SHARE button" on the controller, scan through the last few minutes of gameplay, tag it and return to the game - the video uploads as the gamer plays. Gamers can share their images and videos to their friends on social networking services such as Facebook.

Immediate Gameplay

PS4 radically reduces the lag time between players and their content. PS4 features "suspend mode" which keeps the system in a low power state while preserving the game session. The time it takes today to boot a console and load a saved game will be a thing of the past. With PS4, gamers just hit the power button again and are promptly back playing the game at the exact point where they left off. Additionally, users can boot a variety of applications including a web browser when playing a game on PS4. PS4 also enables games to be downloaded or updated in the background, or even in stand-by mode.

Personalized, Curated Content

On the newly designed PS4 menu screen, players can look over game-related information shared by friends, view friends' gameplay with ease, or obtain information of recommended content, including games, TV shows and movies. The long-term goal of PS4 is to reduce download times of digital titles to zero: if the system knows enough about a player to predict the next game they will purchase, then that game can be loaded and ready to go before they even click the "buy" button. PS4 will further enrich usersí entertainment experiences, by meeting their potential needs.
    Specifications:

- The console boasts almost two teraflops of performance, and is based on PC architecture. 8GB of system memory is also confirmed.

- The DualShock 4 has also been confirmed, featuring a touch pad, share button and headphone jack. A dual camera system works in tandem with the controller to accurately track depth and motion.

- PS4 supports suspend and resume game sessions, making it possible to pick up your game at the exact spot you left off.

- A secondary custom chip makes it possible to download and upload in the background, with games playable even whilst still downloading.

- It will be possible to record and share gameplay footage, uploading as you continue to play, or browsing live video of your friends.

- Companion apps will also be available on phones and Vita, whilst experience customisation will play a key role in PS4.

- Gaikai support makes it possible to instantly stream demos from the PlayStation Store, with the tech also being used to live broadcast what you're playing with a press of the share button. Friends can also post comments directly to your screen, and even take over control of the game.

- Remote Play will allow the game you are playing on PS4 to be transferred over to the PS Vita instantly.

- Backwards compatibility via Gaikai is happening. The goal is to offer PS1, PS2 and PS3 games on any device.
    Source: Videogamer

The Games:

Killzone: Shadow Fall

Announcement Trailer

Gameplay Debut

Infamous: Second Son

Announcement Trailer

Drive Club

Announcement Trailer

Deep Down

Announcement Trailer

Knack

Announcement Trailer

Watch_Dogs

Open-World Gameplay Debut

Destiny

Bungie's Presentation Discussing Destiny on PS4

The Witness

Announcement Trailer

Diablo III (For PS3 and PS4)

Blizzard Presentation Announcement

--

Next-Gen Final Fantasy

Untitled Just Add Water Title

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

VitaUnlocked

Looking forward to infamous and killzone. Maybe driveclub too.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm looking forward for inFamous, Final Fantasy and The Witcher 3. I might actually get a PS4 in the first month of release if these games are out. Looking forward to it.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Well now its for sure that I will buy a ps4 day #1. Cant wait for infamous, final fantasy, diablo 3, killzone, and watch dogs. I can't wait, the system sounds amazing.

PRO Member

Will wait till price drop so still have long time to go PS3

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo View Post
    Exactly what I'm thinking.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I wonder if all of our digital purchases from ps3 will transfer to ps4 for free?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by DINGOSTY View Post
    I wonder if all of our digital purchases from ps3 will transfer to ps4 for free?
    Your digital purchases are developed for the PS3, and these games won't be playable on PS4, so there would be no reason for them to transfer. When the streaming starts later for older games, then I would question whether we would have to repurchase games that we previously owned or if there will be some method for them to use to stream older games for free if we owned them.

-i- love myself.

Depending on the price I will probably get it on release if the price is too high I guess I will have to stick with my PS3 for a while.

Watch Dogs and Knack. Can't wait for E3 now.

VitaUnlocked

Looking forward to watch dogs, infamous and Killzone. Are you sure its officialofficial?

PRO Member

Well, the controller looks better than the prototype showed off previously (with the rectangular Move light) at least. I'm hoping the PS4-Eye isn't required to be attached at all times. I'd just rather not have something plugged in that I only use 1% of the time.

We'll probably have to wait till E3 (heh...maybe TGS?) for pricing and to see the actual console, yet the specs look amazing. They'd be fairly decent for a gaming PC, so it's exciting to see those specs in a dedicated gaming console.

Quote Originally Posted by DINGOSTY View Post
    Hopefully PSN purchases will give us the license for the games through Gaikai, so we could then stream them, as opposed to installing them on the local HDD like a PS3. Of course...that's only hoping *fingers crossed*
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 9 - Gold

While at least I'm liking it a little more than I did last week, I'm still not convinced.

First I need to know how the console itself looks, pricing for system, games and dualshock, what kind of connection you need to enjoy all the network features, backwards compatibility, restrictions (yes they said it can play used games but it's still a little vague) regarding used games or similar, if there's going to be a subscription method, etc.

SO far I'm excited about inFAMOUS and the new Final Fantasy, that would be it.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Day one purchase for me I think...

Retired Staff Member

Current PSN purchases will not transfer to the PS4 PSN purchases won't transfer to PS4 | News | Edge Online

Retired

I hope it doesn't auto download any game.

PRO Member

I don't think I've seen this posted on the site

PS4 will NOT block used games or require online

PlayStation 4, announced last night in New York City, will not require an internet connection or block used games, Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida has confirmed.

“Used games can play on PS4,” Yoshida told Eurogamer.

Asked whether the system requires an always-online internet connection, Yoshida said, “You can play offline, but you may want to keep it connected. The system has the low-power mode – I don’t know the official term – that the main system is shut down but the subsystem is awake. Downloading or updating or you can wake it up using either the tablet, smartphone or PS Vita.”

If it wasn’t clear, he reiterated. “You can go offline totally. Social is big for us, but we understand there are some people who are anti-social! So if you don’t want to connect to anyone else, you can do that.”

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Since the hard drive will be built in, I'll wait for a model with more space for a better price
    since the new games now will eat up more space

Also first 3 games I see myself getting is final fantasy Agnis philosophy and MGS ground zeroes And watch dogs
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 9 - Gold

Since Watch dogs will still be released on PS3 I don't really care much about it. The PS4 version will probably look similar to the Pc version anyway...and I don't care about the graphics.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo View Post
    that's what I'm doing. The first year or so of a new console is quite drab in terms of games, so no day 1 purchase for me

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm glad to hear about Backwards compatibility. Though it leaves me wondering if they'll keep the current trophy stats system or make a new one.

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast